Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: As the Toyo Turns - a new made for TV drama.......

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As the Toyo Turns - a new made for TV drama.......

anyone not clear on what they can and cant run for TWS in 2 weeks?
    if we are all clear, i'll see if i can make a phone call get it to flip flop two or three more times by Easter. :roll:

i'll be making up some "R888" decals for the tires just in case. i purcased a new tire groover (cheaper than a set of tires) and will only be charging $50 a tire to make your RA1's legal if R888's are manditory by then.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    I'm voting with my wallet, , see ya'll in Ok.
    jb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I can't get RA1's before TWS, but I probably have enough tires for that weekend.

It looks like I will have to eat a set of 888's, since it isn't likely they use this tire next year....but as the world turns...who knows what will be the tire next year...or even later this year.

We dang sure know NASA doesn't have a clue. :roll:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    well i have a new set of R888 that havent even been mounted. if they change the spec tire back to an RA1, they better swap me for my R888.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Where are you guys getting the R888 won't be the tire for next year? I REALLY don't see that happening. To put the RA1 back into production would be too costly in dollars and embarrassment for Toyo, especially being so public in WC... expect an R888 revision, but I would bet the RA1 stays out of production.
    Ah, fugg it.

I agree with Matt.
    Unless the pro series have a serious issue that surmounts the "Tony vs Goodyear" level, they won't change.
    Judging by the WC race at Sebring so far so good for Toyo. But the year is young.

Too bad we can't boycot and stop buying toyos, cept for those running at nationals... freeze the standings as of now... and everbody run what you brung for the rest of the season... Goodyears, Kuhmos.... whatever...

OK so what is going on in AI... is the car count gonna be worth it for me to run toyos in AI or do I thow on any ol' tire and run AIX???

This waffling is really rediculus for ALL involved. If I can return my R888s I will let you all know. If I can get RA1s, I will let you all know. If R888s are madatory then I have them.... I think you all understand how difficult NASA and Toyo are making it for the dealers/distributors to support the racer.

I plan to knock on Toyo's doors and excersize my patience....
    AJ Petersen
    Shock Technician
    STACK Technical Agent

Performance Speed Tech
    817-512-4780
    Keeping You On Track!
    www.performancespeedtech.com

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ@PST
    This waffling is really rediculus for ALL involved. If I can return my R888s I will let you all know. If I can get RA1s, I will let you all know. If R888s are madatory then I have them.... I think you all understand how difficult NASA and Toyo are making it for the dealers/distributors to support the racer.

I plan to knock on Toyo's doors and excersize my patience....
    AJ, please keep us informed on your situation.

I will certainly go forward with my commitment to PST. However, if Toyo will give allowances, then that would make many of us happy.

The chances of the R888 being the spec tire after all this negative publicity is highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx

The chances of the R888 being the spec tire after all this negative publicity is highly unlikely.
    I disagree Mitch....those at the TOP of NASA don't believe there is a problem. Until they are swamped with complaints about the tire or the cost to reconfigure our cars to run it successfully, backed up with REAL data showing them to be truly inferior, they aren't going to take action. I have tried but they think I am a no talent wack job from Texas that just likes to bitch... :roll:

So far, JWL has told me I need to go softer on the springs to make the tire work. Well, how the hell do you do that on an Aero car that would then be slammed into the pavement? I suppose you could raise ride height but now I need badass shocks/struts to control the excessive wheel travel and weight transfer and that would make it worse on what is effectively a street tire.

From what I have seen with my own eyes and been given by the powers that be, They are basing all of their "data" on cars running smaller tires (14" and 15" wheels). And seeing those cars/tires after running them, we are NOT getting the same results on the 17" tires. It's almost as if there are two different carcasses and two different compounds for the respective sizes.
    Ah, fugg it.