Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone going to Speedtek in Ft. Worth soon?

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wirtz's Avatar
    A good reason to always try to get the raw DynoJet files from whoever takes them. Using the free viewer, you can change things like smoothing and the corrections. I had a similar issue with a shop and the corrrection factors. In my case, correcting the issue was a very small change in the reported values.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    So, does this mean he just needs to go there and have them provide the raw data?

Not re-spin it?
    jb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    in his case, i think he made adjustments to the car based on non-SAE numbers thinking they were SAE.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I have to side with michael on this one. I have dyno'd on EVERY dyno in Dallas except speedtek and 21st century muscle car in carrollton and I have gotten VASTLY different numbers on every one of them....not to mention, they all seem to like giving you STD numbers to brag about.

It sucks that what is supposed to be the level bar for all of us is turning into a sliding scale...
    Ah, fugg it.

Blog Entries
    so far, SpeedTek is the only one's i know of that keep thier machine set to STD in place of SAE.
    the expectation when compairing dyno numbersis that SAE was the used standard.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    The thing that pissed me off is that I didn't even touch the car while I was there.
    I dyno'd at the beginning of the year and got 234 hp and have run 40 lbs. heavy b/c of it.

I went to dyno hoping that the warmer weather would pull the numbers below 230 so I could pull the 40 lbs. out of the car. I put the car on the dyno and the first pull was 227. I told him to keep running it and he did 228 and then 229. I was freakin excited that I didn't touch the car and left with 228 / 275.

Now I find out the numbers were not corrected to SAE and I actually have 222 / 268. Perfectly legal but now I am leaving alot on the table.

I am pissed b/c if I had know I would have just done a little twist of the distributor to add about 2-3 degrees of timing and I would have hit right on the numbers and it would have taken me an extra 5 minutes. I ASSumed the SAE correction is something they have as standard. :cry:
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Junior Member Rookie Darren McCarley's Avatar
    I read this and wince. Sorry to hear about this, it MUST be quite the PITA. However..... I have to think there is a silver lining here.... I mean, if they are THAT inept then they surely need some techno genius to explain the internet, jump drives, etc. Heck, it almost sounds like they need a consultant to explain SAE vs STD (No, not the VD kind). Now, they may not give a shit, and if that's the case then there's nothing anyone can do about it. However, if they give 2¢ about customer care then the Manager, or owner, would want to resolve this. Perhaps this service is something you, or one of the others, can provide at a cost/barter situation. If I knew more about these dyno's I know I'd be working that angle!

Just my 2¢. Sorry to interject w/o invitation.
    To any Armed Forces personnel, past or present. THANK YOU!

Blog Entries
    they didnt tell me till after i had dyno'ed that they had no working printer. they all know me well and know i need the print-out. i also set-up the dyno session days in advance face to face. i wasnt told then that the printer didnt work, but once the dyno was over, it was.... well, its been broke for a couple weeks now. been meaning to get it fixed.

best bet is to get a flash drive and take it w/ you. these things (dyno files) are great for records reasons. i have a printed copy or digital copy of every dyno my CMC car has ever made. over 5 years, 4-5 dyno's a year (some as much as 7!) i likely have over 100 pulls w/ my CMC car.
    flash drives are also very cheap.
    you will have to save the file from where its stored in the program files. dont export it from the dyno software. its not the file you need. i had to make a second trip back just to get the right file. Dyno Jet will allow you to download the software for free.