Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Round 4 - Hallett

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar

Might have gotten you one... if you had a Camry for rent.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    OK, to get a little more hype going for this event, I thought I'd post up a classic race from the first time NASA raced at Hallet back in '04.

In this video, there are five AI cars visible (more in the race that are not seen), three champions, four different race leaders, lots of side by side action but no bumping, a championship secured, and a question on who won the race. Oh, and one broken windshield after the checker... All good stuff that I miss a bunch.

Right click and save...
    http://www.tek-racing.net/rp/Hallett_04.ASF

Hope you enjoy.

Richard P.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    The short: Car has issues and I was wondering if I could run an external fuel pump (wik stock tank) just for Hallet and still get points?

The long: TWS during the last race, the car would momentarily cut out for 1/2 second. Got worse near the end of the race. During the cool down lap it was barely running and ending up dying completely after T10. Towed in, pushed car onto trailer, get home, rolled it back into the garage. The next weekend, go to find the problem, car starts, runs 10 minutes no issues. Repeat the following weekend. Same results.

Took car to a shop last week, get it back today (running) drove onto trailer, get home, now it won't run again. Ign on, start, runs for a second or two then dies. Crank again and nothing. Sounds like what Nicks did when they sold him a TBI fuel pump instead of the TPI one. So I'm leaning towards the fuel pump is out/going out. To swap it out is a royal pain in the ass (not to mention the other items I've procrastinated that I was planning on finishing up this weekend).

*If* the f/p is the problem, would it be possible to use an external one (I have the one we took out of Nicks car) just for the Hallet weekend (or should I have just kept my mouth shut and used it if I had to)?
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien
    The short: Car has issues and I was wondering if I could run an external fuel pump (wik stock tank) just for Hallet and still get points?

The long: TWS during the last race, the car would momentarily cut out for 1/2 second. Got worse near the end of the race. During the cool down lap it was barely running and ending up dying completely after T10. Towed in, pushed car onto trailer, get home, rolled it back into the garage. The next weekend, go to find the problem, car starts, runs 10 minutes no issues. Repeat the following weekend. Same results.

Took car to a shop last week, get it back today (running) drove onto trailer, get home, now it won't run again. Ign on, start, runs for a second or two then dies. Crank again and nothing. Sounds like what Nicks did when they sold him a TBI fuel pump instead of the TPI one. So I'm leaning towards the fuel pump is out/going out. To swap it out is a royal pain in the ass (not to mention the other items I've procrastinated that I was planning on finishing up this weekend).

*If* the f/p is the problem, would it be possible to use an external one (I have the one we took out of Nicks car) just for the Hallet weekend (or should I have just kept my mouth shut and used it if I had to)?
    i will give you a one time exemption. i will be checking you F/P at the track. be sure it match's your dyno.

Absolutely...bring the car and lets race!
    Al Fernandez

Re: Toyo Tires

Quote Originally Posted by jeffburch

Please come Ray Bob! It won't be the same without you.

jb
    I'm F*ckin Comin!!!!!
    RayBob,,,,,CMC2 #43 RMR

The Mighty Dudes

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Toyo Tires

Quote Originally Posted by raybob9289
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffburch

Please come Ray Bob! It won't be the same without you.

jb
    I'm F*ckin Comin!!!!!
    Raybob...... not a pussy like Matt White.

Senior Member Grass-Passer cobra132's Avatar
    Drivers door looks like hell, all dented up. WTF

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    CMC17 is loaded and ready to go.

jj