Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Suggestions for T5 rebuild

Matt...the system you mentioned is state a hp/tq limit and let drivers do whatever they need to in order to get there?

CMC has never been the place for engine builders or even engine tinquerers. A strict formula is meant to keep the guess work out. Like you said, its created some of the closest racing anywhere. I guess I'm willing to pay a little extra time and energy when it comes to pumping out the rules in order to get that.

Besides, as people catch up with what technology enables my bet is you're going to see a lot of that "do what you want" mentality go away. The reality is with modern electronics running a butterfly-less IC engine in torque control mode at almost all rpms a hp/tq limit is simply not enough.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    Matt...the system you mentioned is state a hp/tq limit and let drivers do whatever they need to in order to get there?

CMC has never been the place for engine builders or even engine tinquerers. A strict formula is meant to keep the guess work out. Like you said, its created some of the closest racing anywhere. I guess I'm willing to pay a little extra time and energy when it comes to pumping out the rules in order to get that.

Besides, as people catch up with what technology enables my bet is you're going to see a lot of that "do what you want" mentality go away. The reality is with modern electronics running a butterfly-less IC engine in torque control mode at almost all rpms a hp/tq limit is simply not enough.
    YOU have already said that "30 hp isn't all that".... so what is 10 ft lbs more at a given rpm range? I know it's a catch 22...
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez

I completely agree!!!
    On a side note, I don't think I have ever seen the word "tinquerers" actually used in a discussion. :lol:
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty
    On a side note, I don't think I have ever seen the word "tinquerers" actually used in a discussion. :lol:
    No... but there have been some discussions (behind the scenes) about a "tinkerbell cowboy"... :shock: :P :P :P