Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Just tired

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay
    I think it okay to pissed at Toyo and Nasa for the handling of the tire situation... although it really appears to be a problem by Toyo, but Nasa can't dictate what Toyo does.

The a0(lternative for Nasa would be to start negotiating for a new spec tire for 2011 and beyond. I bet there would be some others interested in bidding on the contract.

However....the decisions for 2010 have been made and not much else is going to change that for next year, so I think you have to make a decision wether you can live with those rules for 2010 and move on.
    Smack talk on Bitches!! :twisted:
    Agreed. When I talked to Stan Chen w/ Toyo I threw my hands up and now have my head on the chopin block. It is obvious we live by their rules and there is nothing we can do. I now know that Toyo is "who we work with" (and we are held to their rules).
    I don't agree with them but will do what needs to be done to race with CMC. I honestly feel that Toyo has taken a shit in my bed but I will push it off to the side to race with the top notch guys in the nation!! It has been a pleasure to race with the CMC1 guys in 09 and it will be an even greater pleasure to beat the CMC2 guys in 2010. :lol:
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    there are no tires to buy right now.
    Oh come on. There's a bunch of R888s sitting on the shelves and they're good for the first 3 events!... :lol:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ Bain
    there are no tires to buy right now.
    Oh come on. There's a bunch of R888s sitting on the shelves and they're good for the first 3 events!... :lol:
    i wasnt gonna say it. but.....
    a new R888 is faster than a corded RA1.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    just a data point - I know my car is a bit lighter and easier on tires, but - properly stored & broken in I am seeing grip levels as high on heat cycle 10 as I was on heat cycle 2 on the Hoosier R6 - thats 2 full weekends if you practice on your gameday tires. And I hear the R7 will be better, and Hoosier generally means it when they say that unlike your guys "favorite" tire company :lol:

BFG wouldn't be a bad choice either, but, not very common so its hard to find enough data to reach a firm conclusion.

there are many interested.
    any switching will cause the same issues we have already been thru.
    false - pick up the phone and order a BFG R1 or a Hoosier R6. If you can't get a set on the first call I'll buy you dinner at the next race weekend.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Blog Entries
    the "issue" is "what do i do w/ what i have left? i just bought a new set" crap. availability is another issue.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    the "issue" is "what do i do w/ what i have left? i just bought a new set" crap. availability is another issue.
    From what I understand, NOBODY has been able to buy a new set! LOL!!! so where is the problem?!

As for 2010, I will be racing one event in my car, maybe a couple others as a teammate. I'll also voice opinions fighting to keep my series alive and affordable so I continue to have people to race with.....so suck it Glenny boy.
    Ah, fugg it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97
    From what I understand, NOBODY has been able to buy a new set! LOL!!! so where is the problem?!

As for 2010, I will be racing one event in my car, maybe a couple others as a teammate. I'll also voice opinions fighting to keep my series alive and affordable so I continue to have people to race with.....so suck it Glenny boy.
    did you just switch sides?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Honestly have just grown sick if your constant trying to fuck with people and trying to be funny while doing it. Some reason I've been able to deal with it till the last couple of days and it just got old.
    Ah, fugg it.

Blog Entries
    no, really. you just said that since nobody can get new tires, its not a problem.

but it was a problem a few posts back. one thats big enough to switch to a different SPEC tire.

make up your mind.

Blog Entries
    so who has fresh RA1's for 2010?
    Steve Mulder
    ??
    ??
    ??