Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: I didnt delete it....

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Your free to email me what you expect of the series.
    But Matt has, in many posts, commented that ALL of the racers agree w/ him. If you havent been contact by Matt to see if you agree w/ him, I'll assume he does not speak for you.

This is the point we keep missing here. Us Direcotrs NEED your feedback. Without it, we have to assume we are doing what you want. Matt has informed us what he wants. We can't run it his way if he is the only one we believe wants it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    ...But Matt has, in many posts, commented that ALL of the racers agree w/ him. If you havent been contact by Matt to see if you agree w/ him, I'll assume he does not speak for you.
    Point taken and I can see you all need some input from me on how to moderate a social forum as well...I'll be happy to lend that along with working on the charity and outreach

I just scanned back three of 4 pages to see if I could sum up the points people might be trying to make and that I think I might need to chime in on - too much BS mixed in to be sure. One thing I will post is
    NO ONE SPEAKS FOR ME.

So, I'll be continuing to check back here every couple of days, read the last page and see if things are still running in circles or not. Rest assured, rambling itself will not drive me away from this series...but thoughtless changes will.

Blog Entries
    I'll admit, i'm not the most PC person around. And that is putting it mildly.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    Well David, like Glenn said, you cant have it both ways. You cannot correct something that has been posted that is not correct without also discrediting the original poster. I've not attacked Matt personally, just tried to correct where he was wrong and asked for clarification when he's contradicted himself.

Similarly, you cannot have more tech inspections without also dedicating more of the racer's weekend to vehicle disassembly and to inspections. You cannot use racers for tech inspection resources without encroaching on their time and potentially antagonizing others under the whole issue of "my competition is being allowed to disect my car". You also cannot ensure adherence to the rules without tech inspections. Balance is key.

No Matt, I do not agree that AI or CMC are professional level racing series. They are ammateur level racing series. The target audience is not Dean Martin, the one guy I know of that has come down from a true pro league to race with us, though it is cool to see that happen. The target audience are the guys we have! Regular guys with regular jobs with a love for cars that want to go out on weekends and race, and drive their hearts out, and hang out with other lunatics like themselves. The fact that some of them can afford to show up with a spare car and a full 18wheeler is not, IMHO, relevant. I understand you want NASA and AI to "step up" to being SCCA's and A-sedan's little brother. I dont, and I have not been informed by NASA that they do either. As for your call for me to be replaced...you're entitled to your opinion. Get the support of our fellow racers and contact Lindsey or Kunzman at HQ. I'm sure they'll tell you car count is king and will happily give me the boot once you prove to them what a miserable job I do.

As for tech...I do agree sometimes we're a little more lax than we should be, though certainly we've done more in 2009 than in previous years. We scale cars just about every race, and inspect one maybe two items half of the races. Some weekends Glenn and I walk around and inspect one thing on every car in the paddock.

What I would like to do in 2010 is as follows:
    1) We create a list of several tech items including how to perform the inspection.
    2) We hand that to NASA TX tech and tell them to pick at random which of those items to look for. This eliminates "us" as racers from knowing ahead of time which specific item is going to be checked.
    3) NASA TX tech performs the inspection and calls us over if something looks suspect to them, and we make a decision accordingly.
    4) We log what has been done and to whom and alter the list for the following weekend so that over time everything we want to have looked at is looked at and things that we want repeated are repeated.

This requires more from NASA TX than we've had in the past. Recently it was just Jonathan, and a lot of times he doesnt have the hardware we need. To put it into perspective, at nationals we'd check three or four items and we had something like four tech inspectors. Shannon has told me of her intent to staff up tech to help enable exactly what I've stated. If that happens it means not having to ask our racers to perform tech. We'll see, it'll be a work in progress.
    This is really starting to make sense... Al, you are in Texas now... we left Nationals months ago

1) We create a list of several tech items including how to perform the inspection.
    2) We hand that to NASA TX tech and tell them to pick at random which of those items to look for. This eliminates "us" as racers from knowing ahead of time which specific item is going to be checked.
    Excuse me for being stupid:
    YOU are going to make a list
    They are going to pick from YOUR list
    So that YOU won't know what items they picked from YOUR list

Crystal clear to me..

NASA TX tech performs the inspection and calls us over if something looks suspect to them, and we make a decision accordingly.
    So you are going to have the top 3 cars?? 9 cars being inspected by 1 or maybe 2 NASATX officials and every time there is an issue or question they have to find you or Todd or Glenn to get a ruling... lets say we are at ECR.. and Glenn has cleared tech and is at the bottom of the hill and Todd didn't come and there is an issue with your car??? so they have to send a runner to find Glenn, unless you are going to make a ruling on your own car about an issue you know nothing about since the tech randomly picked an item from your list... meanwhile you have 4 or 5 other guys waiting to have their cars teched... I bet they will all be standing around patting you on the back for your new and improved tech proceedures

This requires more from NASA TX than we've had in the past. Recently it was just Jonathan, and a lot of times he doesnt have the hardware we need.
    ROFLMFAO... He didn't even know what a carburator was the first time he looked at my car... YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!

Shannon has told me of her intent to staff up tech to help enable exactly what I've stated.
    Why don't I believe this!!... Two reasons

1.) It started with "Shannon has told me..."
    2.) It would cost her money

we had something like four tech inspectors.
    The day Shannon Matus hires four (4?) KNOWLEDGABLE tech inspectors you better head for start/finish cuz I will kiss your ass in front of the whole damn crowd...

You cannot use racers for tech inspection resources without encroaching on their time and potentially antagonizing others under the whole issue of "my competition is being allowed to disect my car".

So what if Daron checks Glenns car, Glenn checks Jeremys car and Jeremy checks Darons car... All three are in tech all three are close by to answers questions and ALL THREE KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT AI/CMC... How hard is that??? Have you asked ANYONE if they would be willing to do it?? Instead of going UP the ladder where nobody know anything about our cars and an owner who would rather just tell you what you want to hear just to get you off the phone.

they'll tell you car count is king and will happily give me the boot once you prove to them what a miserable job I do.
    If you take the two new cars coming into AI, cars that were heading this way already, and claim you added 50% to the car count... you need to run for president... AI didn't have enough cars to earn Toyo contingencies in 2009, I'm willing to bet they don't make it in 2010 either...

PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG!!! I truely want to come back in 2011 and race with 9 or 10 national contending AI cars...

Al... I appreciate what you did for me, getting me to Nationals and all that, but you really need to grasp some reality here. For one, don't reinvent the wheel and two 95% of this group can and will work together and can police each other very well. There are people available to help two Down Under guys, two Jordans, two Kellams, Pedderson/Marvel and two LiiR guys there are enough extras to go around.. Stop defending grandios ideas and look within the group...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    Matt does not speak for me...
    I do agree with many of his points.

DD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donovan

DD
    Progress. But it would help to clarify which of those you agree w/ and which you do not. Otherwise, i'll assume....

Well David, like Glenn said, you cant have it both ways. You cannot correct something that has been posted that is not correct without also discrediting the original poster. I've not attacked Matt personally, just tried to correct where he was wrong and asked for clarification when he's contradicted himself.
    It's not nessasary to dumb down anything by explaining basic debate methods. That responce is the exact reason why some people say you are not right for the job!! Its uncanny how you and Glenn both respond in the same way... and the wrong way!

My post simply stated your conversation is single sided. It was more or less as someone from the outside looking in... I then stated how I know the history so it all makes sense!

It was my nice way of saying you guys "stop making yourself and the rest of us look like a bunch of idiots"

Similarly, you cannot have more tech inspections without also dedicating more of the racer's weekend to vehicle disassembly and to inspections. You cannot use racers for tech inspection resources without encroaching on their time and potentially antagonizing others under the whole issue of "my competition is being allowed to disect my car". You also cannot ensure adherence to the rules without tech inspections. Balance is key.
    Disassembly... when has anything ever been torn down at one of our events?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70

DD
    Progress. But it would help to clarify which of those you agree w/ and which you do not. Otherwise, i'll assume....
    Kind of like how you guys assumed I did not want to be a Director... :wink: <--- see the winking smiley!!! :lol:

If I find some time I will break it down, kind of busy... need to wash my dog and go wax my Miata.

DD

Blog Entries
    It was accually assumed you wanted to be one, thus the reason you were asked.

If I were a new racer reading this, I might consider walking and look for something else.

Some good points are being made, but

DD
    As a wannabe racer, I get the feeling there is a fair amount of animosity and discontent among several of the guys here. This doesn't paint a real pretty picture, but I'm not ready to build up an A-Sedan car instead of CMC because of it. Anyone can make himself look like an asshat on a message board and anyone reading such a thing should consider that. Obviously I don't know anyone here, but I've met and chauffeured a couple around TWS and Matt didn't seem like a raging lunatic at the time. :wink:
    I've not been part of the AICMC inspection or rules enforcement so that's about all the opinion I'm qualified to offer. I noticed some general event things that could be better, but that's not relevant here.

JJ (another one!)
    Jared
    HPDE goon, '12 rookie?