Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: More nationals info

Come on Richard, if any of those guys had shown up with those quarter windows we'd still be laughing! This is not about the driver.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    Maybe next year instead of pre race class tech that focuses on safety and aesthetics we should focus only on technical things to give folks time to make repairs. We're not out there to hang people, but to try to ensure a fair fight.
    Glenn already said it, this just comes back to better rules consistency at the regional level. I don't think it was intentional, but the collective "we" did miss JKs subframe connectors.

If a region agrees to let a car run with a NON SAFETY RELATED fix-it ticket, cool; but the message should be, you WILL get DQd for that at Nationals. We should not compromise on safety, period. Nor should anyone be surprised or offended (not saying that anyone in this conversation is) that a non-compliant driver/car combo is DQd at Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 'Big Boss Man' Fernandez
    David, thanks for finally coming clean with your true feelings.
    C'mon Al, you know I'm a fan. :wink:

I vote lock the thread; let's move forward.
    Me and Al tried to figure out how JK's sub's got missed. If finally dawned on AL that was the same weekend JK came up light on the scales. We sent him on his way, then we checked sub's. He likely got missed simply because he was never looked at.

As for regional exceptions - ALL regional directors have been told they can make exceptions regionally but they must tell their folks that those exceptions are limited to that region and do not apply to Nationals even if Nationals is held in their region. It has been covered.
    As to why this car had this stuff on it (lexan), that is something the owner and the regional director will have to answer. I was told the owner just bought the car and it was sold to him as a CMC car. He didnt know any better. Still his fault, no doubt. But it shows that tech needs to be better at a regional level.

Member Rookie
    Yep

As for regional exceptions - ALL regional directors have been told they can make exceptions regionally but they must tell their folks that those exceptions are limited to that region and do not apply to Nationals even if Nationals is held in their region.
    Have heard this from Dave and I am sure that other RM dudes have also.
    1984 mustang. getting back into CMC.
    Looking for another Fox Saleen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K Shaw
    Yep

As for regional exceptions - ALL regional directors have been told they can make exceptions regionally but they must tell their folks that those exceptions are limited to that region and do not apply to Nationals even if Nationals is held in their region.
    Fixed your quote.

[*quote] bla bla bla [*/quote]

remove the "*" and it will but the box around it. If you just hit the quote button provided to the right of a post, it will do this automatically. The break a persons long post up, simply add the required [*quote] or [*/quote] on each side of the comments.

You can also do [*quote=GlennCMC70] bs bs bs bs [*/quote] to lable who your quoting.
    Again, remove the "*".

We all learned this in Director School. :wink:

Blog Entries
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    See?

Can you guys get a private chat room to do the internet tutorial? You're interfering with my drama entertainment. :twisted:
    Let's see...rulez iz rulz...read the damn rulz...personal responsibility....tech is f'd up. shit getz missed...we're all human...Rob can drive anything OK...on with the show.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    Maybe next year instead of pre race class tech that focuses on safety and aesthetics we should focus only on technical things to give folks time to make repairs. We're not out there to hang people, but to try to ensure a fair fight.
    Glenn already said it, this just comes back to better rules consistency at the regional level. I don't think it was intentional, but the collective "we" did miss JKs subframe connectors.

If a region agrees to let a car run with a NON SAFETY RELATED fix-it ticket, cool; but the message should be, you WILL get DQd for that at Nationals. We should not compromise on safety, period. Nor should anyone be surprised or offended (not saying that anyone in this conversation is) that a non-compliant driver/car combo is DQd at Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 'Big Boss Man' Fernandez
    David, thanks for finally coming clean with your true feelings.
    C'mon Al, you know I'm a fan. :wink:

I vote lock the thread; let's move forward.
    Me and Al tried to figure out how JK's sub's got missed. If finally dawned on AL that was the same weekend JK came up light on the scales. We sent him on his way, then we checked sub's. He likely got missed simply because he was never looked at.

As for regional exceptions - ALL regional directors have been told they can make exceptions regionally but they must tell their folks that those exceptions are limited to that region and do not apply to Nationals even if Nationals is held in their region. It has been covered.
    As to why this car had this stuff on it (lexan), that is something the owner and the regional director will have to answer. I was told the owner just bought the car and it was sold to him as a CMC car. He didnt know any better. Still his fault, no doubt. But it shows that tech needs to be better at a regional level.
    Hey, I f'd up and didn't catch it. So far I have worked on/built 4 of the 7 cars that are in our region, we don't have to tech much yet. Next year we will be picking it up.

He is also Robin Burnett's neighbor, he didn't catch it either. He hass built a few cmc cars too.

Bryan

Member Rookie
    Tough crowd. :lol:
    1984 mustang. getting back into CMC.
    Looking for another Fox Saleen

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    Tough crowd. :lol:
    Only behind the keyboards!

:-)

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFirePony
    ...Rob can drive anything OK...
    I once won a forklift race. :lol:
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.