Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AI/CMC Texas Dyno Day for the 2011 Season

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    I'm working on a dyno day. I should be posting a dedicated thread today or tomorrow.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Junior Member Rookie
    I have enough square footage inside, I could fit 30+ cars to do tech ( if you opted to) and dyno day all at once. My shop is in a pretty industrial area, and its an absolute ghost town on the weekends. Even during the week, you can park and unload 10 trailers with out issue, on the weekend as many as you wanted to.

Louis

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2
    why wouldn't you fill out the logbook for each event?
    And I'm trying to figure out why you would ... what is the point?

Only 2 reasons I can think of is a tech issue or lineage ... showing the car's history is easily faked.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis
    I have enough square footage inside, I could fit 30+ cars to do tech ( if you opted to) and dyno day all at once. My shop is in a pretty industrial area, and its an absolute ghost town on the weekends. Even during the week, you can park and unload 10 trailers with out issue, on the weekend as many as you wanted to.

Louis
    There is a lot of room. Maybe we could set up some sort of gymkhana course.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    So is it Louis' place on Jan. 8th?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ginsberg
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    For racecars, this is a once a year requirement, so once it is done, it is done for the year.
    Glenn is correct - the racecar tech inspection is once a year. However, Jerry Kunzman and Ryan Flaherty reminded me that drivers are still required to fill out the logbook for each event attended. According to them, failing to do so can subject the driver to penalties....but I don't recall what those penalties are.
    From NASA National HQ today:

- Drivers need to fill out the annual race car tech form and bring it, the car, their gear, and their log book to get an annual
    - NASA or a NASA authorized shop performs the annual inspection, signs/stamps the log book and form, issues the tech sticker, submits the form to National.

- Drivers are not required to fill out a sheet nor are they required to fill out their log book for each event

- NASA will annotate required fix items in log books as necessary. This can include items that must be repaired before the track goes back on track, at which point they will yank the car's annual sticker.
    - Drivers will present proof of compliance/repair to NASA along with their log book to have the entry closed out and obtain a new annual sticker (if that was required)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay
    So is it Louis' place on Jan. 8th?
    Sounds more and more like a plan.
    The 8th is good for me (w/out a car of course).

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pay someone to tech a car you build yourself and repair yourself? I still have the fake invoices from the fictious shop that did Jay's Mach One and my Vette tech work for the Drivers Edge events. Can we still get it done at the first event for free by a NASA person?

JJ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt
    Can we still get it done at the first event for free by a NASA person?

JJ
    I'm trying to keep that in place for at least our group. I have not gotten an answer from NASA Tx yet on that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt
    Pay someone to tech a car you build yourself and repair yourself? I still have the fake invoices from the fictious shop that did Jay's Mach One and my Vette tech work for the Drivers Edge events. Can we still get it done at the first event for free by a NASA person?

JJ
    The exact reason why I'm thinking if we can get it all done (dyno and tech) done at once, it would save folks like you and I a full day's transport and a couple hundred bucks in fuel and expenses.