Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MSR-C and our normal pit area - now is GRID!

Senior Member Grass-Passer jdlingle's Avatar
    I parked down at the bottom of the hill last year when I was in DE and it was a disaster then even with all of you guys at the top of the hill. Not really sure how this is going to work if they havent added any more pavement since then.
    2011- Texas Region CMC2 Rookie of the Year.
    2012- Broke with no car.
    2013- Author- Hard Luck Lloyd: The Complete Story of Slow-Talking, Fast-Driving Texan Lloyd Ruby

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe we can get at the end of the last building between there and the road comming into the track. If I remember there is a lot of pavement and some grass area for the trailers between pavement and the entrance road. I plan to leave early Friday morning but it will be 9 or 10 before I can get there. Can someone go early and stake out an area for us?

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Maybe we can get at the end of the last building between there and the road comming into the track. If I remember there is a lot of pavement and some grass area for the trailers between pavement and the entrance road. I plan to leave early Friday morning but it will be 9 or 10 before I can get there. Can someone go early and stake out an area for us?

JJ
    I've asked about staking off an area. I have not got a reply back from Dave yet.

Senior Member Grass-Passer cobra132's Avatar
    Well this will be a total cluster. May have to park at TWS or HH.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Do they really need the whole skipad just for grid? That really displaces alot of racers without any option for pavement. Which means really soft ground and you know it will likely will be wet when you show up or rain while you are there. Hope they have a big tractor or something to pull everyone out. I would suggest parking as high up as possible like where you sign in for the event at the top of the hill before you make a right to grid or left to the clubhouse. They don't allow parking in the paved area in front of all the garages either. Be a good trial run this year though as I understand the idea of needing more space for grid.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Blog Entries
    I just got a respoce from Dave. We will need to work this out on our own. I'm liking the area to the left where the entrance road "T's" into the road from the clubhouse up to grid. We can also use the area down the hill from there closest to the track. I was cautioned about displacing another group from thier "normal" spot. W/out knowing any of this and where other folks "normal" spots are, this will be hard. I'll see about getting a map drawn up and posted by weeks end.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonNW View Post
    What were the problems with having the grid under the covered area?
    20-30 spaces don't work for 40-50 car grids.

Also that area is being turned into a useful tech area, as tech where it used to be doesn't work.

Any of the other groups don't get to park together. Not sure if that's because they don't really try or what though...

to boil it down into one word: progress!
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Blog Entries
    My opinion is all groups should be required to pit together. Respect for your fellow racer is hard to have when the only time you see them is on track. Being and feeling like part of a group will result in a lot more fun for all.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    I understand the theory that Dave is trying to do. It does become a mess with larger groups, and with some cars trying to grid coming from the opposite direction and all, meanwhile trying to get cars off track etc etc. Is TT using the full course? I dont' know what walls are out there, but is there any way we could park in the pits of the new part of the track (west of the skidpad)?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    I was cautioned about displacing another group from thier "normal" spot. W/out knowing any of this and where other folks "normal" spots are, this will be hard.
    Tough $hit. Occupy Cresson!

Remember we're not the only ones who used the skidpad either. There always seems to be a couple of guys with the big rigs who pit out there with us too. Those guys will be scrambling for space also, and I doubt they want to park those rigs in the grass. This is going to get real interesting if we have to pit on the grass, even if it's not wet. TWS and MSRH it's a non-issue, and with EC and HMRC, you can pit (trailer/tow vehicle) in gravel/grass, but there's plenty of room to get the racecar on asphalt/concrete. The road to the track enterance isn't really wide enough for this since there will already be two way traffic. Even for minor work like brake pads and swapping tires around, jacking up a car in the grass is no bueno, the jack doesn't roll or instead pulls the cradle and jack stands sink. You can bet I'm going to be heading up there early Friday to grab a spot where I can at least park Knocker on some hard ground. If it's someone elses usual spot, sorry.
    Last edited by Alien; 02-20-2012 at 03:09 PM.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Blog Entries
    I can assure you none us will park our racecar on the grass. Trailer, yes. Tow rig, yes.
    Using part of the new track could be a better solution. I was thinking of a way to have pitout and pit in in different places. I'll look at the track and see if it can be done. If TT is running the 3.1, it will not work obviously.
    All I can say is I'm glad we know prior to Sat morning this time.