Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TWS Friday Enduro

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Jason and I are looking for a partner....only condition is someone who can fish out foam in a stock fuel tank... we have at least 20 tires including a set of full treads in case of rain... plus some old sets of pads... really don't need brakes for TWS...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27 View Post
    Jason and I are looking for a partner....only condition is someone who can fish out foam in a stock fuel tank... we have at least 20 tires including a set of full treads in case of rain... plus some old sets of pads... really don't need brakes for TWS...
    Better include ..."Someone skinny enough to fit into the size 2 seat in your car."
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer edrock96GT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27 View Post
    Hmm... interesting...
    Eddie Rock

#21 AI '96 GT

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I want to play with spring rates but am not 100% comfortable possibly getting in the way during the enduro. However if I could get some actual lap times to compare the different spring rates that might make me a lot more interested. Would it be possible to get my lap times immediately?
    -Wayne
    -CMC #85

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wade's Avatar
    Wayne, Just have a friend monitor your times using the Race Monitor app on your iphone. Or, use that fancy new Stack gauge thingy on your dash. Doesn't it do lap times?
    '86 Mustang Coupe - CMC2 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Wayne, Just have a friend monitor your times using the Race Monitor app on your iphone. Or, use that fancy new Stack gauge thingy on your dash. Doesn't it do lap times?
    Just downloaded "Harry's lap timer" on my IPhone. This thing is freakin amazing with everything it does. Traqmate who?!
    Last edited by Rsmith350; 04-10-2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: I can't spell :)
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I was told it is pretty cool, just not 100% accurate because of the delay compared to something like a traqmate, but still supposed to be pretty good.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    I was told it is pretty cool, just not 100% accurate because of the delay compared to something like a traqmate, but still supposed to be pretty good.
    With attaching the GPS receiver total investment is like $150 and is as accurate as anything on the market. Look into it. The software will do alot. The IPhone 4 made all the difference with the GPS receiver accuracy.
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Grass-Passer cobra132's Avatar
    Alright, I signed up for the enduro and racing. I am still sorting the car and will not have a dyno, unless I can get one at the track. (Does anyone know if that dyno is accurate?) I will try to ironman the enduro in ES and I will need 3 helpers to run the fuel rig and fire extinguisher. Let me know if you can help. I can run AI or AIX for the race group, whatever everyone is comfortable with. I can tell you my times at TWS during the Track Guys event were not impressive. FMR

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    The Race Monitor app should work. The Stack uses a beacon and the range is not impressive.
    -Wayne
    -CMC #85