Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Final plans - Trip to Nationals!!!

I'm planning on arriving in the Cattle Horn shod, Texas flag adorned 2006 Sedan DeVille around 10:00 on Friday Night with RK and at least a case of Shiner. The "Texas Taxi" should represent our region well.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    RK & LT!

Tell me about your arrival/departure times at the airport in Ohio.
    I may have someone hitch a ride with ya'll.
    Thx,
    jb

Quote Originally Posted by jeffburch
    RK & LT!

Tell me about your arrival/departure times at the airport in Ohio.
    I may have someone hitch a ride with ya'll.
    Thx,
    jb
    Arrive in Columbus on Friday at 9:35 PM. Depart from Columbus on Sunday at 7:05 PM. Prenty room in Cadirrac.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Robert and Lewis, please shoot me your cell numbers.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    OK...my plans are shaping up nicely.

Liebbe's been helping me prep and he's doing the "uncanny timing of a business trip" thing the week before to try and come into Ohio as well.

I feel a Pah-tay comin' on!!!

Picking up my trailer with renewed lights and brakes tomorrow.
    CMC#2 thrash/prepwork continues thru the long weekend.
    Dropping off the roadster at the paint shop on Monday for a cage/interior spray.
    Got tentative clearance to pick up the motorhome on Friday nite the 8th w/o another nite's charges.

Soooo...will try to load everything Friday nite/early Sat. morning and be on the road no later than noon Saturday from Houston.

Goal of Sunday nite arrival at M-O seems optimistic for me, but as long as we're there sometime Monday...who cares?!?!

Boudy...you da' man with Margarita machine and food. Let us know what you need from us and we'll all pitch in for the group grub! Our biggest goal should be to paddock each and every Texas racer together up there and make the "Texas AI/CMC Corral THE place to be!!!" (Leave all the politics & BS baggage here in Texas. This event should solidly reunite the group toward a common cause....at least for a week! LOL)

As Glenn mentioned, there will be a few dinners with the larger NASA crowd so I'm planning on the prison dinner one nite, and a few series type get togethers on one or two of the other nites.

I've got the AI/CMC banners and Mobil 1 is sending me some other flags/stuff to shamelessly display so you should all be able to find our paddock!

That's all I can think of for now....More updates as they become available...

-=- Todd
    American Iron Series - National Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    first post updated.
    Todd, i cant believe your painting the car the same week you plan to leave to Nats. Ming Ming, you forgot yo bling bling! :P

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Paint is the least of my worries....
    Right now the car is up on blocks without any interior, fluids, tranny, clutch or radiator.

Lots of work to do...but the UPS man is my new best friend.

-=- T

PS- I'm driving to Dallas and then relying on you homies for someone to follow from there to Ohio!!! (figger I'll get all the "following" out of my system before the races begin. 8)

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Todd,
    Are we going to be able to see any spy photos of the new paint and/or cage prior to MSR-H???
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Grass-Passer Boudy's Avatar
    I'm concerned about A/C. Anyone know if there will be A/C available where we pit? Not sure if Rita' machine will cooperate on my generator.

Added items to my list in the first post to keep things organized and thread shorter.

Boudy

I'll take my wet/dry vac. It blows. Could also take the air compressor to use along with the nitrogen bottle. I can fit both of those or Boudy's grill (depending on size) but probably not all of 'em.

Boudy, Virginia will be with me and we'll put in money on the trackside diner.

I'll look up local Target's, parts stores, and junkyards this weekend.

Whatever route we take there is fine. Make copies for those caravaning please.