Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Daily Reports

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97
    he cars that post described are rarely found in street form for less than $14k.
    Just a data point but I've seen 3 LS1 6spd cars on Craigslist for less than $7K this month alone, 2 were under $6K. Yes, they were a bit rough. my track car didn't start pretty....

I'm uncertain of what to make of CMC-S. Sounds interesting. I also don't consider it AI-Lite as the modification allowed are far and away more restrictive than AI, they're no different than CMC. For example, other than the more expensive engine in an LS1 car, nothing else is really different than a 4th Gen LT1 CMC ride. (ok, 50hp more and 70lbs off the nose)

However, I also think you need to eventually open up the class or create a new one to keep it the lower series alive. there is almost a whole generation of cars out there that can't run the budget class. other than the 2V cars nothing else '98+ is legal in CMC with a stock engine.

My car did 280/325 stock. Now if if there is a way to knock of 25lb-ft legally and no hp loss it might be fun to play with....

this sounds like more of an excuse for the REALLY slow CMC cars in other regions to just bump some power and go race in another class
    Dust Collector

DAMMIT WHERE'S THE RACE WRITE UP?? IT'S BEEN ALMOST A DAY!!!!

Like everyone else said, it was a blast, and you should have been there if you weren't.

I've got a vision in my head, where someone with some editing skills takes footage from in-car and trackside during the AI/CMC race and overlays it with the recording of the announcer doing the play by play of the event... I'd buy it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    CMC-S is targeting cars like my daily driver. I will have a place to race my car when the time comes. The models allowed are the later versions of what is classed in CMC now. The older models won't be allowed modifications to get to the increased power levels.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waco Racer
    The older models won't be allowed modifications to get to the increased power levels.
    Making it the "Camaro Challange"
    stolen from J. Brooks

CMC-S is targeting cars like my daily driver. I will have a place to race my car when the time comes. The models allowed are the later versions of what is classed in CMC now. The older models won't be allowed modifications to get to the increased power levels.
    So it's a class for newer, more powerfull models?

Looks like we're moving towards CMC and CMC-Vintage...
    -- Robert King
    AI #42

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I still say this will KILL CMC and become AI-Lite.

I have already seen few guys saying they are moving to CMC-S....that means CMC is losing cars already.

Seems kind of crazy to kill a class that is growing.

Quote Originally Posted by donovan
    The older models won't be allowed modifications to get to the increased power levels.
    Making it the "Camaro Challange"
    stolen from J. Brooks
    I thought there were Mustangs that came with 300+ HP. Are the advertised power ratings false?

Administrator Site Admin
    Clifton,

You're correct. The 96+ Cobras advertised 300-305hp. Which really meant 265hp to the wheels.

Neat thing is LT1s and LS1s advertised the same power but actually made those numbers (or just shy)at the wheels.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay
    I still say this will KILL CMC and become AI-Lite.

I have already seen few guys saying they are moving to CMC-S....that means CMC is losing cars already.

Seems kind of crazy to kill a class that is growing.
    Don't forget about the 1/2 dozen or so cars ready to go CMC racing for the first time next season. You are one of them.

Sure, a few CMC guys will go the S and a few AI/AIX guys will go to S.

But the target owners are the phased out T2 cars. So, car counts will continue to rise.

Having heard first hand the discussion and questions, discussed the series with Todd and seeing the "evolution" of the rule set still on-going, I honestly think this is a great step forward for the series as a whole.

Remember, the key to keeping us ALL racing is car count.

With the modifications that are allowed in CMC wouldn't the Mustangs be able to make the 280/300 numbers that are proposed? Do you have any numbers for the 05+ cars? It sounds like I need to take my car to the dyno. Do we need to take this discussion to another thread? I hate being a highjacker.