Thread: MyLaps / AMB Transponder Subscription

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    I'm guessing the subscription is for mylaps only? I can't imagine a transponder being smart enough to not ping the timing system at the track.
    Which is likely an AMB/MYLAPS loop and software... what happens when that gets "upgraded?"

Grid by random draw, first man to the finish line wins.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    So the timing folks knowledge of subscriptions would only be as accurate as the last time they sync'd up? It seems unrealistic to require internet access to run a race, but then again I shouldn't underestimate their greed. Must be nice to be the only show in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    So the timing folks knowledge of subscriptions would only be as accurate as the last time they sync'd up? It seems unrealistic to require internet access to run a race, but then again I shouldn't underestimate their greed. Must be nice to be the only show in town.
    I'm not sure I would go that far. I am happy to be here. Going off on a tangent, I have been told by an industry insider that our tires are manufactured at a big loss for the tire company. The contingency money is pretty good though......