Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 Champions crowned!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Congrats to all the racers and especially to those that made the year long sacrifice. It's a grind ...

I was jealous and mired in self-pity all weekend long while I was at work.

Everyone ... go to that switch on the wall, flip it up and see if your lights come on. You can thank me later for MY sacrifice.

8)

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waco Racer
    Ah...

Ah...

Ah...

CHEVY!!!
    Gezuntheit - I think Clifton caught a cold this weekend!!!!
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Rookie
    Thanks everyone!

I have raced, crewed, worked and watched races since I was 14 years old (push starting an FV at the airport course in Hutchinson, KS with a cast on my leg in 1979). I have never enjoyed the company of a better group of racers!

I was awed by the outpouring of support from the group when we blew up (both times). My thanks to all of you for your support and for the excellent competition. We were very lucky to win in this well prepared and determined group.

I learned a a great deal racing with you this year, and we will be with you next year to help even if we don't run the full season!
    Chris Marvel

RP's Guinea Pig
    AI #91
    CMC2 #82
    Anything else you hand me the keys to...

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    Everyone ... go to that switch on the wall, flip it up and see if your lights come on. You can thank me later for MY sacrifice.

8)
    Actually, I got my power bill today. I'm not thanking you for anything...

Congrats, guys! The respect I have, and I'm sure everyone else here has, for what it takes to be the champ in this series is tremendous. Be proud of this accomplishment!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Congrats, guys!
    We'll whoop it up at the Banquet and give these champions (and others) the credit they deserve in a few months!

-=- Todd

PS- Mitch...glad I could help you out on those fuel prices as requested. Let me know if there's anything else I can do. :roll:

I'll say it: THANKS MITCH!!! We sure missed having you out with us this weekend too!

Is it just me or has the racing really stepped up about 10 notches during the 2006 season? Make a little mistake like missing a shift and lose 7 spots before the next corner, makes my teenie little brain spin. Then to see some of our regional folks go up to Nationals and do so well, speaks volumes about the quality of AI/CMC racing here in TEXAS!!!!

I can't wait till the 2007 season starts! 8)

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    PS- Mitch...glad I could help you out on those fuel prices as requested. Let me know if there's anything else I can do. :roll:
    Just like Governor Perry's property tax cut ... :?

Senior Member Grass-Passer oz98cobra's Avatar
    Congrats to all our 06 Champions!

And yes, Mike, the racing has stepped up about 10 notches this year! I've noticed a big difference in our whole group from when I first raced early in the season to now!
    Daron
    AI75 DownUnder Racing