Quote Originally Posted by 64GunPilot View Post
Are the cars in 3/4 a 50/50 mix of daily driver cars and purpose built race cars? I imagine the disparity of cars and driving abilities is pretty big in 3 but maybe a little tighter in 4??

As in the air, situational awareness is not a God gifted attribute, it’ll take me a little time to get the hang of it all. But SA is #1 in my line of work whether it be busy air traffic or combat. Last thing I want to be is a danger to others. The mentors (you guys) sigh of disappointment or worse “WTF” is always the last thing a rookie wants to hear.
Here in the RM region group 3 is all street cars, if there is a race car there it's an exception and likely in purgatory awaiting promotion to W2W or TT, but again here most of the TT cars are just street cars. I'll second what's already been said: if you're ready, you're ready and they'll see that and promote you especially if you tell them your path. Not saying they'll rush you, but they will definitely tell you what they need to see to get you headed where you want to be. It's not unusual for a rookie to show up off pace, but once you're in you can start getting a feel for how W2W flows vs HPDE or a track day. Just because you're in a competitive environment does not mean the learning stops or the fun, there were some odd messages being conveyed back when I was in HPDE that I did not agree with.