Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2007 Nationals part of Texas Championship Points???

Senior Member Grass-Passer oz98cobra's Avatar
    Another NO here also!

And BTW, with only 6 regional rounds next year, if the number of races per month are reduced to just 3 per round, why on earth am I wasting my time and money building a car to go racing with NASA? :roll:
    Daron
    AI75 DownUnder Racing

Scott and I
    Nope

Boudy...I sent you a lead on selling a full radio system...making sure you got it

Skip

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I have to use all my drops for the 75 races in Houston next year.
    No to Nats counting

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NASA13
    I have to use all my drops for the 75 races in Houston next year.
    :lol: That cracked me up.

If I really had a vote... I would vote no too.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    so, what, like 1 yes so far?
    nice idea there Covini. :wink:

spend your time working to get the CMC guys the rules. 2 months out from our first event and no rules. :evil:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Hey...it was a long shot, but I had to put it out there. :roll:

Throw me a bone, here guys...and jump aboard my train of thought:

There are those who want to drop some races.
    There are those who want to NOT drop races.
    There are those who want more races in a season.
    There are those who want less races in a season.
    There are those who want to go to Nationals.
    There are those who can't go to Nationals.
    (There are those who want all of us to go to Nationals!)
    There are those who want 4 races per weekend.
    There are those who want 3 races per weekend.

With our 2007 season going from 7 events down to 6 and the POSSIBILITY of going from 4 races per weekend down to 3..., I thought making the Nationals part of the Texas Championship Season was a way to satisfy most everyone above, keep things near the level we were accustomed to and not necessarily hinder too many people.

Remember...not dropping any races is nearly the same as counting Nationals as a points weekend.

Just a thought...I'm not wedded to the idea.
    Let me know if you reconsider, but if the same response rings true, we'll nix the idea at the Banquet in January.

-=- Todd
    American Iron Series - National Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i think the big issue is cost. it cost far more to go to Nats than to a regional event. that and the time required is huge. i took 7 dyas off from work and had to fly my wife and my 2 kids to her mom's for 14 days because i took the only daily driver we have. that trip cost well over $4K. thats what what most of the regional season costs.
    worst case we have 18 regional races that gives 4 drops. or 18 regional races w/ 3 National races (21) that gives 4 drops.
    best case we have 24 regional races w/ 5 drops. or 24 regional races and 3 National races (27) that gives 5 drops.

including the Nationals will not change the number of drops (due to rounding to the nearest whole number), but will require alot more money to be eligable for the Championship. that would be the diffence of earning it, and buying it. ya know, if they had made Hallett a double points race weekend to ensure a big turnout, we would still be racing @ Hallett. your trying to do the same thing. i would like to see EVERY NASA racer @ Nationals this year. i know its not possible. making it part of a regional points event will also keep them from being able to take a regional Championship.

correct my math if its wrong.
    yes Matt, i'm sure i mis-spelled a word or two.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    i think the big issue is cost. it cost far more to go to Nats than to a regional event. that and the time required is huge. i took 7 dyas off from work and had to fly my wife and my 2 kids to her mom's for 14 days because i took the only daily driver we have. that trip cost well over $4K. thats what what most of the regional season costs.
    worst case we have 18 regional races that gives 4 drops. or 18 regional races w/ 3 National races (21) that gives 4 drops.
    best case we have 24 regional races w/ 5 drops. or 24 regional races and 3 National races (27) that gives 5 drops.

including the Nationals will not change the number of drops (due to rounding to the nearest whole number), but will require alot more money to be eligable for the Championship. that would be the diffence of earning it, and buying it. ya know, if they had made Hallett a double points race weekend to ensure a big turnout, we would still be racing @ Hallett. your trying to do the same thing. i would like to see EVERY NASA racer @ Nationals this year. i know its not possible. making it part of a regional points event will also keep them from being able to take a regional Championship.

correct my math if its wrong.
    yes Matt, i'm sure i mis-spelled a word or two.
    glenn, I too would like to see all of NASATX go to Nats but I have a thought....maybe we should find a title sponsor to pay the way for the top 3 guys in each class to go or atleast offer up something to ease the pain of the cost? Red Bull was supposed to be in full effect last event and all I saw was a tent and a couple people walking around on Saturday ONLY!

Too many options...just pick the one that resembles what we have had and move on.... :lol:
    Ah, fugg it.

don't forget that you also have to qaulify for nats. if you miss to many events in your region you will lose even more points to those that did qualify.i bring this up because my team mate will be going to korea for a year and he leaves in april
    micah bishop TEAM WARHORSE CMC#44