Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: 40 minute races for 2007?

Senior Member Grass-Passer Boudy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    The no-teardown rule in CMC generally still applies but now has some sideboards to reflect what we've been doing since day one.

Basically, anything on your dyno sheet to get you to your # can be verified.

So...if tech needs to verify that you've got your 30MM restrictor plate in place...they can...without a teardown.

If tech needs to verify that your choked off air filter is in place...they can...without a teardown.

If tech needs to inspect something to verify your dynosheet is accurate...they can...without a teardown.

We just needed to clarify that in the rules to assure that folks aren't hiding behind the "no teardown" rule and mis-interpreting what it means. Hope that helps...

-=- Todd
    No Sir, No Sir, No Sir.

You are saying one thing, while the rules VERY clearly say something completely different.

"7.7.3 Inspection and Testing
    To help reduce the cost of competition and provide for simple and fair technical inspections, NASA shall use chassis dynamometer testing as the main means of engine inspection in the CMC series.
    NASA tech inspectors and CMC Officials have the right to inspect anything in sight at any time the vehicle is at the track. NASA tech inspectors and CMC Officials shall have the right to request disassembly or any other procedure required to verify vehicle compliance with these rules including a dynamometer re-certification."

There is nothing (reread NOTHING) in 7.7.3 that enables me legally refuse when BoBo the Tech Inspector pansies on over to my car and say's, "Mr. Boudreaux, we have reason to believe that your heads are illegal and I need you to remove one of them for inspection. I don't know that this could ever happen but until the rules are clear on the intention, it's possible. A man once said, "The road to Hallett was paved with good intentions."

I don't wrench on my car at home, I sure didn't join CMC to wrench on it at the track.

Boudy

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Boudy
    There is nothing (reread NOTHING) in 7.7.3 that enables me legally refuse when BoBo the Tech Inspector pansies on over to my car and say's, "Mr. Boudreaux, we have reason to believe that your heads are illegal and I need you to remove one of them for inspection. I don't know that this could ever happen but until the rules are clear on the intention, it's possible. A man once said, "The road to Hallett was paved with good intentions."

I don't wrench on my car at home, I sure didn't join CMC to wrench on it at the track.

Boudy
    How about CMC drivers pool money together and buy a boroscope (SP?) that could be sent down the intake to look at the intake port....won't tell you much more than whether it has been cleaned up or not but could START the talk about removing a head without actually doing it?

Just a thought.....and we could even rent it to drivers who don't want to pull heads!.....like me right now! :lol:
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Someone has been to the proctologist lately hasn't he?
    Got those wheels to turning huh?
    How could "the tech shed" have used this at HMRC last year?

jb

CMC17
    I'm simply tired of all this crap. :roll:

BoBo the Tech Inspector pansies on over to my car

Boudy[/quote]

Is this my new name or something you've called me for a while without me knowing?
    Ryan Arnold
    Chief Scrutineer
    NASA Texas
    Texas Mile

Senior Member Grass-Passer Boudy's Avatar
    Fellow AI/CMC drivers (and only drivers) For heavens sake, when do we get a driver's only section to raise hell and banter our opinions to each other without big brother calling us out?

Ryan: My whole rant; and that's what you caught. Talk about missing the point. :roll: :roll: You think I called you Bobo? I don't even know you. Don't even remember who you are. I'm sure you are a swell guy. Bobo is figurative dude, relax.

Here, I'll try again. When "A Tech Inspector" (read Politically Correct) asks me to remove my engine's cylinder head in the name of the rules, where is the line? The new rule for clarification has broadend the gray area.

And BTW: I would never nickname a guy behind his back, it's just rude.

Boudy

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    I agree with you, Eric to a certain extent.

But you have to admit, that with all the volleying of allegations from competitor to competitor about misconduct, STRICT rules adherence has to happen. And when a very fine line is drawn in the sand, which I think the new rules have made a turn toward that fine line, then knowing EXACTLY what the rules mean is paramount.

The days of loosely interpreting the rules, falling back on the guise of intent, are over.

I know you long for the days when some good ole boys just got out there and raced. You have know one but yourself to blame. You made it too much fun.

Boudy, I know where you are going with this. I've had this conversation for many hours with others.

Bottom line, you have to be seriously SMOKING the competition before the "pulling a head" mandate takes place.

That I honestly believe ...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i'll talk w/ anyone who wants to talk about this rule.
    214-869-9603.

Can I book a time to call and talk? :roll:

FWIW ... Glenn has become Da Man .... :?

Homie ... meet Glenn. Glenn, this is Homie ... :shock: