Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: At what point in time will ...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar

At what point in time will ...

... the GM camp get some rules relief?

It is obvious to even the most casual observer that the CMC powers that be have the rules base listing to the Ford camp. Just look at the manufacturer's points chase and you see that even when GM guys win championships, the Ford camp still has a HUGE advantage.

It's just not fair.

Mitch,

No sarcasm here, but what specifically do you think should be done for the GM camp? More power? Less weight? Bigger brakes?

I thought there was remarkable parity amongst the various generations of Cambirds and Mustangs given that some have 350's vs. 302's and different brake packages, different wheelbases, Torque arms, etc.

Top 3 podiums are GM products (Glenn keeps telling me that) so be prepared when I go off at any GM concessions in rules "relief". Just my perspective...

CMC17
    Hmmm.. I see a lot of things your way, Mitch. But, this isn't one of them.

GM

in season points

Big power and able to pull any Ford down straights with no problem. Superior suspension components straight from the factory. Remember - Ford Mustang = Fairmont platform

I just don't see it. I've made decent "numbers" but, can feel the lack of superior torque/hp by seeing the GM's walk away from me down the straights. Drive a Mustang and you'll see that we have to be perfect in order to keep up with an "ok" GM product/driver.

Please describe in detail what is causing the listing towards the Ford camp.

1. _________________________
    2. _________________________
    3. _________________________

Eric,

I just don't see it. I've made decent "numbers" but, can feel the lack of superior torque/hp by seeing the GM's walk away from me down the straights. Drive a Mustang and you'll see that we have to be perfect in order to keep up with an "ok" GM product/driver.
    You are treading on dangerous ground comparing driving skills and cars. That is a sensitive subject my friend.

Sincerely,
    David

heh, heh ... got the Ford boyz worked up, didn't I ... :P

You guys have a great weekend!

CMC17
    Just trying to start a blood bath...er debate. Like pointing at/towards Ford "relief" without justification. 8) :lol: :lol:

Thx, Mitch! I'm awake now.

CMC17
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbage

You are treading on dangerous ground comparing driving skills and cars. That is a sensitive subject my friend.

Sincerely,
    David
    It's easy to do and I could critique every CMC car and driver out there that would be spot on.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    w/ regards to the Manufacture Points going to a Ford when the top 3 spots in points went to a GM for the season.
    the problem is the disparity between Ford and GM car numbers.
    GM's are 1/3 of the field w/ the Fords making up the rest. since points are awarded to the top 5 finishers, the odds of a Ford being in the top 5 is greater.
    had Varner made one more race, he would have been in the top 3 for the season Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by CMC17
    Just trying to start a blood bath...er debate. Like pointing at/towards Ford "relief" without justification. 8) :lol: :lol:

Thx, Mitch! I'm awake now.
    I needed to re-establish myself as the top whiner and Master manipulator.

Thanks for the nibble, bite, set and run .... :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    You guys have a great weekend!
    You too Troublemaker #2!! :lol: