Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: results coming soon.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    That means everyone who doesn't go to Hallett must be cheating...
    ...and afraid of getting caught.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Well, I hate to point the finger, but I was witness to a certain orange car cheating. Luckily I was able to capture it on video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN1Qrm_aKIc

Didn't know this kind of thing was considered OK. You can bet your ass I'll be submitting an RCR for this next year. You folks going to Hallett keep your eyes out for this...
    Last edited by blk96gt; 05-10-2014 at 01:09 AM.

Lol
    Al Fernandez

Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    Didn't know this kind of thing was considered OK. You can bet your ass I'll be submitting an RCR for this next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMC Rules
    4.13 Driver Comfort
    Driver comfort items such as cool suits, windshield defogger blowers etc. are allowed as long as they have no impact on car performance.

"Etc." in that rule includes PRS (pursual reduction system) for you sons-a-guns that follow too close; I was trying to avoid being hit by you.

Me thinks you doth protest too much... surely you enjoy a challenge, Spy Hunter style.

Quote Originally Posted by CMC Rules

2. INTENT

The intent of the
    Camaro Mustang Challenge (CMC) racing series is to provide National Auto Sport Association (NASA) members a racing series featuring production American pony cars. Modifications will be limited to those necessary to promote safety, close competition, and flexibility to enable drivers to learn and experiment with the principles of race car setup within boundaries intended to limit expenses, thereby providing the drivers with fun, exciting, and challenging yet approachable racing.

Good sportsmanship is valued more than finishing position. This means clean, well-executed passing is a trademark of the series. Punting another competitor, or leaning on them to gain a position will not be tolerated. Car to car contact including bump drafting can result in an investigation and possible sanctions.

#39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Well if that's legal it looks like I need to start working on getting my Red Koopa Shells ready to deploy.

At a minimum I'll have the banana peal dropper installed by TWS...

So I used the fast lap time posting and got 4th place Toyo Bucks for R3. I've sent the redemption folks an email after speaking with them... so if I have your $75, and it doesn't get cleared up in their system, I will get them to you.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Funny how Jander is the only one of you guys that listened about PRACTICE = FAST. And Tyler is going to whip all your asses once he learns to drive that mustang. His experience in the Miata and carrying momentum is going to be VERY helpful. You ALL should take a note from those two....or at least get used to seeing the backs of their cars! Love seeing the new guys jump right in an kick some ass!
    Ah, fugg it.

Nope, been listening...

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    Funny how Jander is the only one of you guys that listened about PRACTICE = FAST.
    Practice also equals gas/tires/brakes/parts/time/money/etc.

Ran about 1-2% off the show ponies quick race laps at TWS on RA1s and first time ever on 17s.

I think those guys are awesome on and off track and am (currently) happy with the fun/$ I get out of all of this.

Probably need to update the signature to be along the lines of "fastest Orange mid-pack rolling chicane in CMC."
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    Funny how Jander is the only one of you guys that listened about PRACTICE = FAST. And Tyler is going to whip all your asses once he learns to drive that mustang. His experience in the Miata and carrying momentum is going to be VERY helpful. You ALL should take a note from those two....or at least get used to seeing the backs of their cars! Love seeing the new guys jump right in an kick some ass!
    It's not that we did not listen. Anyone that does this deal more than two times knows that seat time is everything. I'm happy for Kevin but I have a life away from the track. Would I like to do a few DE events....sure but since we started racing I have not done a single day at the track except for NASA race weekends. Guess I could punt Jay for more seat time but for some of us we are getting out about what we put in. I would love to win more races but I'm not willing to put in the time or money and for me just getting away to the track for six race weekends is all I can do.

JJ