Thread: 200 TW Tire Sub Class Interest

Threaded View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    The reason it died down was there wasn't much racing going on and there wasn't any follow up data provided that I'm aware of since. Meanwhile Sook continued to run the Falken. He ran them bald and didn't see the tire falloff after 8 weekends! His opinion is they are about as fast as RR's after the RR falls off but it stays that way for it's whole life. Again only one set but Sook gets more track time than I think anyone here and has won in both platforms so I have a lot of respect for him as well as for other reasons. Here is some data he provided last year during a tire test he did on his own. http://www.aicmctexas.com/showthread...March-2019-CCW.

All I know is there was interest back then and there still is today. I wanted to get the word out to find if there were any others that I wasn't aware of that would reach out to me which they have. What I wanted to try and find out is if we could get some people who have cars sitting at home back on track (this has brought me to another thought for another thread) I am not trying to get the class to make a change right now or anyone else. But I am going to try and provide some follow up data to offer up and follow up on what Sook/Records/Alford did last year. I would like input (privately) on how to do this and what any possible goals would be.

The goal in my mind would be to provide an option if there is a tire that wouldn't fall off as much, last longer, be more affordable. If nothing else to find a tire to suggest to people to use for practice days that behaves similarly but is cheaper and lasts longer. If it helps the newbie get on track more then I think that's a win and worth it to me. Daniels feedback was that it 'feels' similar on falkens and RR's. If it understeers with one it will understeer with the other.

To that end let's try and make this more productive and take offline. I would love input from anyone on what tires to try (Falken and NT01 is what I have heard from most), what data/comparisons you would like to see. I'm willing to run something at Cresson/ECR/Hallett if time allows me to make all those events (I'll be on a campout during COTA). I'll fun run, class in AIX, go to TT I don't care but like Al said ever since the original RA1 was taking away and NASA/TOYO gave us the 888 there have been issues with tires that we didn't see with the original RA1.

If you don't have my email or contact info please send me a PM and discuss offline.
    Last edited by BryanL; 02-13-2020 at 10:36 AM.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24