Thread: 200 TW Tire Sub Class Interest

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    At least you aren't buying tires that are $430 ea and last 3 to 4 heat cycles. And those aren't even the fastest tires I NEED to buy to be at the sharp end of the field. Those are $600 ea.
    CMC doesn't/can't exist in that paradigm. I think you support the point - one of the original hallmarks of the series was NOT having to outspend the field in tires.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    CMC doesn't/can't exist in that paradigm. I think you support the point - one of the original hallmarks of the series was NOT having to outspend the field in tires.
    True but toyo has no incentive to do better because the only options are to switch to Nitto NT01 or go to Hoosier/other. Remember, they are probably only catering to somewhere between 500 and 700 customers buying spec tires in the entire country and most of those are buying the 205/50/15 tire. I doubt toyo sells much of the non-spec sizes of the RR to track day folks. to go to anything else to keep costs down means going slower and NASA isn't going to do that until someone shows up with MOAR cash than Toyo.

I know WRL is about to announce a new tire sponsor program and it might be Nankang from the tire size list they sent out. won't know till they announce it though. I've run on them and they remind me of the old RA1...just not sure how they heat cycle yet.
    Ah, fugg it.