Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NASA Texas 2011 Season Points!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    Can someone add an "export to excel" button?
    I think I can. For quicker response, I'll email you a copy.
    Dave Balingit
    NASA RM Regional Dir

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nasa-rm View Post
    I think I can. For quicker response, I'll email you a copy.
    Guys - I was able to copy the text from the linked points sheet and paste it into a blank excel file. From there you can play around w/ it. I still liked my old manual version since I had most of the formula's worked out to automate the sheet. All I needed was a few more tweaks and and it would do anything I needed.

Keep in mind that poll points do not drop w/ the score if that score is a drop. If I recall, * indicates the score has a pole awards point(s) added in and later it changed to a number in ( )'s .

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Not Official!!!! Double check on your own. 20% drops (20 races = 4 drops).
    Will we get a fifth drop at ECR. 24 races total (6 rounds, 4 races per round) = 4.8 drops?
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    Will we get a fifth drop at ECR. 24 races total (6 rounds, 4 races per round) = 4.8 drops?
    That's correct. 24 races will result in 4.8 drops and we round up. The drops are not a set number, but rather a set percentage. ECR could get canceled, and the current results would stand. We could get less than 4 races and the total for the year could be less than 24 races.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wade's Avatar
    I know that we have been through this, but the schedule says racing for TWS November.

http://www.aicmctexas.com/main/conte...EASON-SCHEDULE

Is that for CMC? Official answer....
    '86 Mustang Coupe - CMC2 34

Most race classes (including AI/CMC) will be fun races only at November TWS. ECR is season end for AI/CMC.

On that note... start thinking about fun stuff for TWS. Switch cars? Have a Spec Miata racer run your car and you race theirs? Blend in some of your sessions as "DE" and you can do a rookie day like a few years back? CMC/944 grudge race (yeah..., like that would be fair.) ? Another chase race where we actually have more than 4 cars show up (and Casey can sandbag again and take it all)?
    Dave Balingit
    NASA RM Regional Dir

Blog Entries
    Most race classes (including AI/CMC) will be fun races only at November TWS. ECR is season end for AI/CMC.

On that note... start thinking about fun stuff for TWS. Switch cars? Have a Spec Miata racer run your car and you race theirs? Blend in some of your sessions as "DE" and you can do a rookie day like a few years back? CMC/944 grudge race (yeah..., like that would be fair.) ? Another chase race where we actually have more than 4 cars show up (and Casey can sandbag again and take it all)?
    TWS Nov is not a points race for AI/CMC. It was announced too late in the year.
    A rookie school day is a great idea.

TWS Nov is not a points race for AI/CMC. It was announced too late in the year.
    A rookie school day is a great idea.
    That or switching cars maybe fun. Or a chase race. Or watch Al and Todd try and keep up in a 944/cmc grudge race. They all sound fun. Can we do a little of everything?
    Jason Love
    Love in it Racing
    "Sometimes its better to be lucky than good."
    2010 CMC Champion

since when that event was first added it appeared it was going to be a "real" weekend it was announced to TT that way. They've been given 2 extra "drops" to compensate for its late addition, but hopefully there's room in the schedule to allow those that make it to compete.... :-/

Hoping there's room for PT guys too, esp since I've been a slackass about getting my car out to race. Pursuit sounds fun
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLiiR View Post
    That or switching cars maybe fun. Or a chase race. Or watch Al and Todd try and keep up in a 944/cmc grudge race. They all sound fun. Can we do a little of everything?

How about we put you in Todd's car with a rookie and you try to catch Al ?
    Dave Balingit
    NASA RM Regional Dir