Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: CMC and header wrap on exhaust manifolds - not legal.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Well everyone knows James cheats. How else could he beat the Jordans every single time. No way he is just faster. I think his mother puts something in the gas tank.

JJ
    You just think she is a sweet country lady.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    reminds me of a quote I see all the time from one of the SE Corvette racers:

"Everyone behind me is an incredible driver. Everyone ahead of me is a cheater!"
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Once again I nominate Gary to be a Director along with Al, Glenn, and Marshall. I think he knows the rules as good as anyone and is spot on in his interpretations. He has another great post that makes perfect sense.

Well said Jerry.

JP-next time I want your mom to mix my drink and put something special in my gas tank, too! First I have ever heard of your name and cheating but that is a failry common them in our human behavior. To me if you aren't cheating and you get accussed of it then its simply a great compliment.

JK-I wrapped my exhuast manifolds that I have already put on my car so it is possible. Also-I was going to call you last night but don't have your number (PM it to me) in my new phone. Watched a documentary on PBS last night and thought of you since I think you are getting Gage into karts-here is the info- http://racingdreamsfilm.com/
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Hokey Smoke, Bullwinkle ... never thought I'd read some of the things posted in this thread, and other threads for that matter.

I'll leave this here ...

What burns my corn is not rules implementation or rules interpretation, it's the justice.

We've witnessed regional championships stripped from competitors over something like a 1/2" stitch weld and
    other competitors beat and bang their way to regional championships leaving a piles of their own and their competitor's body parts in their wake and
    then congratulated for their "accomplishments" at the end of the year.

Focus on certain things and the brushing-off of others makes no sense to me.
    If following the CCR leads down this path, then the CCR is way out of whack.

ooops ... forgot to add ...

I personally don't equate "illegal" with "cheating".
    I have a set of R888 I run in a race. Am I cheating? I'm certainly illegal ...
    Last edited by mitchntx; 03-04-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    I have not seen any malicious prosecution of anyone, but maybe that's because I'm just the old, slow, fat guy at the back. But there's Toyos at the back now.
    You're not fat. Don't be so hard on yourself.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

like the silly law that states you can't turn right at a red light if someone is in the right lane, even if they are pulled so far forward/to the left that you can sqeeze by.
    Thats really illegal?

Kellams (both of you) you guys are much friendlier than this. I think you're hearing plenty of guys saying that theres not some groundswell of opinion that you're cheating bastards, or anything near it. As a matter of fact, all of us would just like you to get the damn car to the track and race and drink with us some more. As for Glenn, he works pretty hard at keeping the guys here in TX informed, not at trying to bend the rules in his favor. As a matter of fact he probably has the least discretion with the rules off all the regional directors since I'm physically here as well.

Jerry, Gary...nicely put.
    Last edited by Al Fernandez; 03-05-2012 at 05:55 PM.
    Al Fernandez

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    Thats really illegal?

Kellams (both of you) you guys are much friendlier than this. I think you're hearing plenty of guys saying that theres not some groundswell of opinion that you're cheating bastards, or anything near it. As a matter of fact, all of us would just like you to get the damn car to the track and race and drink with us some more. As for Glenn, he works pretty hard at keeping the guys here in TX informed, not at trying to bend the rules in his favor. As a matter of fact he probably has the least discretion with the rules off all the regional directors since I'm physically here as well.

Jerry, Gary...nicely put.

I'll apologize if I was too hard on Glenn. No malice intended towards ANYONE. Sorry.

The real problem that I have with the rules is inconsistancey in inforcing rules that are very clear and then not allowing things because it is their INTERPRETATION of what is not written. I can not understand why you chose to say "if does not say you can then you can't". To me this is completely irrational and a cop-out.
    I wish that CMC could get this all resolved in a much better way that the Director saying: "if you think this is allowed then you will be DQ'd", end of story because I checked 8 years ago. Not acceptable for me and should not be for anyone in CMC.
    I think I've said enough.
    If you're going to be DUMB you gotta be TOUGH

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Kellam View Post
    I'll apologize if I was too hard on Glenn. No malice intended towards ANYONE. Sorry.

The real problem that I have with the rules is inconsistancey in inforcing rules that are very clear and then not allowing things because it is their INTERPRETATION of what is not written. I can not understand why you chose to say "if does not say you can then you can't". To me this is completely irrational and a cop-out.
    I wish that CMC could get this all resolved in a much better way that the Director saying: "if you think this is allowed then you will be DQ'd", end of story because I checked 8 years ago. Not acceptable for me and should not be for anyone in CMC.
    I think I've said enough.
    I struggled with the if it doesn't say you can, then you can't for a long time. Couldn't get my head around it.

Then one day it "clicked" as to why CMC will never be able to work with "bible".
    CMC is made up of a dozen or more unique platforms, each with it's own set of strengths and each with it's own set of problem areas.

It would be impossible to generate a rule set for each possible platform of allowances and at the end of all the allowed changes there be parity.
    If the series was made of a single platform, then yeah ... what you want is doable. But it's premise of the series that makes it impossible.

So instead, the rules say start with showroom stock platform and these are the allowed changes and nothing else.
    Subtle but an important point of view.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    Thats really illegal?
    Buddy of mine got a ticket in College Station for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Transportation Code - Section 545.058. Driving On Improved Shoulder
    ยง 545.058. DRIVING ON IMPROVED SHOULDER. (a) An operator
    may drive on an improved shoulder to the right of the main traveled
    portion of a roadway if that operation is necessary and may be done
    safely, but only:
    (1) to stop, stand, or park;
    (2) to accelerate before entering the main traveled
    lane of traffic;
    (3) to decelerate before making a right turn;
    (4) to pass another vehicle that is slowing or stopped
    on the main traveled portion of the highway, disabled, or preparing
    to make a left turn;
    (5) to allow another vehicle traveling faster to pass;
    (6) as permitted or required by an official
    traffic-control device; or
    (7) to avoid a collision.
    Interesting that it states the times you CAN pass on the shoulder. I bet this section of the code would be 20+ pages longer if it listed all the reasons that you're NOT permitted to drive on the shoulder.

Driver - "My dog telepathically told me to pass the car to make the right turn"
    Officer - "Well shoot, that's not listed in these 20 pages of code as a reason you can't pass, so I must let you go. Have a nice day"
    Last edited by Alien; 03-06-2012 at 12:15 AM.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post
    reminds me of a quote I see all the time from one of the SE Corvette racers:

"Everyone behind me is an incredible driver. Everyone ahead of me is a cheater!"
    Quit listening to Glenn