Page 195 of 308 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Frank, congrats to you and your son! Fantastic to hear his dedication is paying off so well!
    John, congrats with the book! I feel your pain. Getting the attentions of publishers is hard today across media. We are self publishing our first games to get some "street cred" and holding back some awesome IP for the right deal.
    Marshall, glad the rehab will be relatively short; sounds like you will be a new improved Mosty Much better than the 9 months I went through when I tore my labrum - in retrospect I could have cut it to 6 months but I was hoping to get 100% back just in case the Edmonton Oilers called me up :/ - although after I rehabbed I actually did get an offer from the Austin Ice Bats for a short 3 game road trip...their starting goalie had just come down with a bad case of the flu, #2 was on the IR and so #3 got the start...they just needed a backup. I had to turn them down due to conflicts and in hind sight a week on a bus with 20-something hockey players driving around the southwest - nothing but trouble there...

Anyway, working through a fuel delivery issue on Anna's car this weekend...hope to get that resolved, weld up the exhaust, and then get the interior done...Kyri did a great job on the engine and electrical so far...now i just need to keep from f'ing up his work. Still have the custom console to build and then we can get busy on the racecar.
    Need to season my new smoker again this weekend...the fire barrier sealant did not cure last weekend so I get to strip that all off and start again. Did a test smoke of some new ideas using the old smoker last weekend...a couple worked and one did not...at all. More tests this weekend with store bought meat...Anna and Kyri are heading to Ohio this weekend and bringing back our beef and pork - #800+ beef and #90 pork - yummmm
    Remember...consider supporting the kids - Cops4Kids BBQ and concerts at the Fort Worth Stockyards March (22nd -23rd) !!
    Last edited by BlueFirePony; 01-25-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Member Rookie
    Quick question: Going to be in Dallas/Ft. Worth area next week. Anything car guy related you'd recommend? Most likely Thursday night or Friday morning to be more specific.

Thanks,

Sidney Franklin
    Bloomington, IL
    (Formerly CMC #64)

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    Went and saw the ortho surgeon. Should be having surgery by the end of Feb and in a sling for 3 weeks and then back to 100% by the end of April. NOLA, here I come!!

He's going to take a piece of bone from my outer shoulder socket to build back some of the inner socket that is currently a bit lacking... Said all the ligaments are tight, but the socket is just worn away so it falls out. Also, there is a depression on the backside of the ball (think a ping pong ball that got pushed in)...
    Surgery is scheduled for Friday, 22-Feb... Hope to get this thing fixed once and for all!
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Marshall, good luck with the surgery and even more success on the rehab.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Quick question: Going to be in Dallas/Ft. Worth area next week. Anything car guy related you'd recommend? Most likely Thursday night or Friday morning to be more specific.

Thanks,

Sidney Franklin
    Bloomington, IL
    (Formerly CMC #64)
    Can't think of anything...other than coming over to my house and helping me with the '68 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Marshall, good luck with the surgery and even more success on the rehab.
    Ditto! Here's hoping you get a cute PT.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar

FLARES!!!
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wade's Avatar
    Looks Nice!
    '86 Mustang Coupe - CMC2 34

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    We have a Miata in the garage that we bought new back in '92. I like the Griot's Garage Waterless Spray-On Car Wash and Speed Shine if the car is not too dirty.

The Camaro has not seen soap and water for about two years now.

However if I cannot do something about the brake hop in the Camaro I'm going to put a cage in the Miata and go race in a class with real suspensions!

Actually, now that I think about it, a '92 Miata with 38K miles might be pretty attractive to those guys...
    -Wayne
    -CMC #85

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonNW View Post
    However if I cannot do something about the brake hop in the Camaro I'm going to put a cage in the Miata and go race in a class with real suspensions!
    Brake hop is easy to make go away. Just undo the rear brake lines from the caliper and cap them off. Brake hop will vanish and you will go faster if you aren't worried about the car bouncing off the track.

We haven't found a CMC legal way to make it not happen and still have rear brakes...

Richard P.