Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MSR Cresson - March 8-9 - Time to sign up!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    The first two corners coming onto the 3.1 section are fast and pretty dang difficult to nail. Then it takes a little technique and finesse but nothing outrageously hard. Then once you connect back Ricochet is also interesting with an extra 10-15mph entry headed into there as well. Racing wise there's really only one corner that'd be difficult to go side-by-side through, but no harder than Rattlesnake (which you guys seem to mess up ALL THE TIME on your starts ). If that part of MSRC is just too hard to race on then we'd better skip some places like COTA and whatnot. And that would make me sad.

If you guys don't want to try it I'll see if I can talk Lightning into it or something. Well, Dave first I guess but... I wanna see some racing on the more challenging layout from somebody damnit!!
    Last edited by kbrewmr2; 02-21-2014 at 11:22 AM.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

I'd like to run the 3.1. Driven it a few times (1.3 by itself also), and it's a ton of fun. Too many corners to run green HPDE groups through. I bet we could handle it.
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I still see a big difference......
    TT just needs a best lap time to win (and only one). In racing you need your best along with getting to the front. That involves passing folks who don't want to be passed in places they don't want to be passed.
    I have often had the fastest lap and not won the race.

My point? TT is not racing. TT is TT. Different requirements that need to be met involving different rules.

Been a while but the car is updated, tested and ready to go. We are working on Irwin's car to have it ready as well. Will be good to hang out with you guys again. Planning on running number 53 but can change that if needed. I have lots of colored tape!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    Please don't run it if it has no oil pressure. I don't want everyone to only have 2 green laps then have the rest of the race be run under yellow due to pieces of an engine lying all over the racing surface. Wouldn't be fair to all the guys who entered, plus remember we almost ran over you last year cause your car was a dead paper weight in the middle of the track haha. Not trying to sound rude just asking nicely to not ruin other people's weekend under yellow if you know your car isn't right. Hopefully you'll fix it.
    Don't you know? Since September my car has now taken on this role...

I left parts on the track at MSRH even...

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    Car hasn't fires since Sept. I drained the oil and refilled. Charged the battery for a couple days and then fired it. No oil pressure at all. Pulled a valve cover to verify. I used compressed air down the dipstick tube while the oil sender on the top of the lock was out. Blew air while cranking until I got oil out the sender hole. Reinstalled the sender and fired it up and oil pressure was normal. Somehow the pump lost its prime. Never seem one do this other than a fresh build.
    I had this issue intermittently a while back, would go 0 pressurea few seconds after it had been sitting. Never figured it out until it went away after an oil/filter change.

Leaking drain back valve in the filter?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dcapps View Post
    Been a while but the car is updated, tested and ready to go. We are working on Irwin's car to have it ready as well. Will be good to hang out with you guys again. Planning on running number 53 but can change that if needed. I have lots of colored tape!
    I was glad to hear you guys were coming back out to run with us. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dcapps View Post
    Good to see both of you back after such a long break.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    I still see a big difference......
    TT just needs a best lap time to win (and only one). In racing you need your best along with getting to the front. That involves passing folks who don't want to be passed in places they don't want to be passed.
    I have often had the fastest lap and not won the race.

My point? TT is not racing. TT is TT. Different requirements that need to be met involving different rules.
    I RACE TOO yaknow. I've driven the 3.1, and 1.7, and... I think you can race on it pretty well. The tightest area of that track for side by side racing is on the 1.7 side (Rattlesnake) so if you guys use that argument then you shouldn't race at MSRC at all.

Over and out.
    Last edited by kbrewmr2; 02-22-2014 at 11:50 PM. Reason: blah
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post
    ...The tightest area of that track for side by side racing is on the 1.7 side (Rattlesnake) ....

Over and out.
    That is not true.
    Not only is Rattlesnake a slower section making it much easier to go side-by-side but it is also wider than 6-7 and it is flat.

Rattlesnake is about 470-520" at various turn-in, apex and turn out point and opening to 500" in the middle.

T6-T7 460-480" at turn-in, apex and turn out and actually narrows to 440" at the fastest points not only making it the tightest but also the most risky with a significant braking zone at the end.

The entry into 6-7 is faster than Rattlesnake, and the speed carried into 7 is a LOT faster and it's downhill.

Can two cars battle their way through that twisty at speed with 35 feet to share ? Sure.

Great opportunity for the Golden Helmet though..and possibly the last one - if they prepped the runoff better along that stretch and after T7 it would be a lot safer.

'nuff said.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BlueFirePony; 02-23-2014 at 02:36 PM.

breaking the over and out promise - when's the last time you even wheeled a car Brian? Anyway - ask Patterson what it's like to go off there - I've waved yellow for it so I know it happened.

REALLY over and out now. Unless y'all keep jawing back.