Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Post Aug 2011 TWS media and chatter.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    I guess nobody got my jump at T11 (R1?). It was no "Rob Who?", but I would sure like to see it.
    I should have it. I'm guessing it will just be a cloud of smoke though. I haven't looked at the video yet since it was just a couple of laps but I'll get it edited.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Kellam View Post
    Like some people I just wanted to get you stirred up.
    Leave me out of it....

Senior Member Grass-Passer jeremiahkellam's Avatar
    Think I saw a double block. I'll not point it out anymore than I already have.
    Watched all 3, didnt see it.

Enlighten us please!
    2010 CMC2 National Champion
    2010 Texas CMC2 Champion
    2010 Summer Shootout Champion - CMC2
    Call it what you want... But that sounds like a Triple Crown to me!!
    http://www.gagemotorsports.com

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremiahkellam View Post
    Watched all 3, didnt see it.

Enlighten us please!
    R3. 4:47.
    It is a little subjective. I felt more confident about it when I posted originally about it. I had time to watch it several times today (only watched it once before) and I don't feel as strong about it. It appears the lead car makes a move to the left (very small and subtle) and at that moment the trailing car moves to the right only to see the lead car moving to the right now. This move to the right almost causes contact. Again, it is very subjective.
    I'll consider it a non-issue since the trailing car didn't comment to an Official about it. Either he didn't care or it wasn't an issue to him.

And yes, I watch all the post race vid's I can after each event to look for issues of this type. It has resulted in talks w/ several folks over the years in an attempt to prevent protests.

Sorry I derailed this thread.

Blog Entries
    Also - Frank.....
    In R4 at the 13:52 mark, your brake light switch fails. The lights stay on the whole time your in view of the camera from that point forward. Something to check before ECR.

It is a little subjective. I felt more confident about it when I posted originally about it. I had time to watch it several times today (only watched it once before) and I don't feel as strong about it. It appears the lead car makes a move to the left (very small and subtle) and at that moment the trailing car moves to the right only to see the lead car moving to the right now. This move to the right almost causes contact. Again, it is very subjective.
    I'll consider it a non-issue since the trailing car didn't comment to an Official about it. Either he didn't care or it wasn't an issue to him.

And yes, I watch all the post race vid's I can after each event to look for issues of this type. It has resulted in talks w/ several folks over the years in an attempt to prevent protests.

Sorry I derailed this thread.
    All the lead car/trailing car almost made me think this was about someone else
    IMHO Frank did not alter his line nearly enough for me to consider it a block, never mind a double block.
    I think what you are seeing is the effect of the narrow view of the camera.
    Frank pretty much held a defensive line coming out of the turn all the way into the brake zone...he shimmied a bit right under braking but not on purpose (IMO)
    When I got left he holds his line and I knew I could not make the pass on that side so I was going to set up an over-under but he outwaited me and I had to abort.
    If anything I should have been less aggressive and just sat back a little to get a nice run off the corner using my normal line (which I tried on the last lap only to F*** it up on the next turn).
    If anyone created an *almost* it was me.
    As an aside:The lack of peripheral on these videos and poor field of view makes for a poor analysis fodder.
    I'm going to alter my mounting position and adjust the focal point going forward.
    I know you are just trying to teach/officiate Glenn, but probably would help to talk to the drivers in addition to the video before posting - I actually should have posted before now but I've only had time for fly-bys. Like this was supposed to be

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Yep, very subjective - been on the bad end of one of those before. Best to get an idea of how close your RD is going to call it before a.) driving that defensive in the first place and b.) before protesting it.

The rule does mention it has to actually impede a pass, but still... even that isn't defined very close in the rule and is just as subjective.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Grass-Passer cobra132's Avatar
    Wow. (Blank stare from within confines of glass house.)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra132 View Post
    Sorry Frank.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra132 View Post
    for the record I haven't seen the video so I don't have any opinion on that particular case whatsoever, just sharing my experience.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"