Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Post Aug 2011 TWS media and chatter.

I'll post some vidz when I get back in town...I actually think I have 3 out of four races..new record for me Had a pretty good weekend. Set personal best during Saturday qual and then reset it again during R1 and then reset it again during R2. 2:00:052...Sunday was a different story....still got a ways to go The trailer I rented from Eric made all the difference for this Canuck. Eric is a great guy and the price was definately right!!I hope some of you took advantage of the A/C and shower through the weekend.s'all for now.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    Actually, I saw him in my mirrors. He was pressing me hard each time. I found at the track I have very worn hubs (non-rebuildable) and it was causing major piston knockback in the calipers. This was causing an inconsistent pedal. It took me most of Sat to figure out what was going on. Thus I was entering most corners a little on the cautious side. I never knew if the tires were gonna lock or not. At one point I was approached by the FAA. They wanted my N number since I appeared to be crop dusting most of the time.

To be honest, I could care less if you believe me. I had old tires w/ flatspots on the rear. A driverside front tire that was cupped down the center due to being run way over inflated early last year. My C6 calipers spread and I had to put my who knows how old (raced in CMC for 6 years) f-body calipers back on the week before the event. I had tapered pads (due to the calipers that spread) on the front. The fact that you think I'm a liar, doesn't mean I'm not telling the truth or that my parts were not less than ideal. I had fun. I was beat fair and square. I ran a very cautious race. But hey, why am I telling you? You could tell all that from the one race vid posted so far, right?

Get off my ass Wayne. Of all people, I expected you to act your age.
    I am acting my age. Old farts have an "attitude".
    Sorry if I made you cry. I was really just rattling your cage. Nothing personal. Like some people I just wanted to get you stirred up. Guess it worked. Your Daddy called and said to lay off. Done.
    Hope you still love me.
    Have a nice day
    If you're going to be DUMB you gotta be TOUGH

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Kellam View Post
    I am acting my age. Old farts have an "attitude".
    Sorry if I made you cry. I was really just rattling your cage. Nothing personal. Like some people I just wanted to get you stirred up. Guess it worked. Your Daddy called and said to lay off. Done.
    Hope you still love me.
    Have a nice day
    If anyone called you, it wasn't on my behalf. Fill me in on who called.
    I'm not anymore "stirred" than normal. And I like you just the same as before.

Video ready...

Race 2 is ready @ http://www.bluefireracing.com/video.aspxRace 3 is being edited...probably get it uploaded tonight.Race 1 - no camera...looking for Race 4...Qual was uneventful.Depending on your OS/browser combination you might have to run the Windows Media extension (browser should prompt you if you need it).PM me if you have any issues viewing.BTW, I've uploaded some pix that Raegan took to BlueFire Racing on Facebook. She got some really good side-by-sides and a some good paddock shots too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFirePony View Post
    Race 2 is ready @ http://www.bluefireracing.com/video.aspx Race 3 is being edited...probably get it uploaded tonight.Race 1 - no camera...looking for Race 4...Qual was uneventful.Depending on your OS/browser combination you might have to run the Windows Media extension (browser should prompt you if you need it).PM me if you have any issues viewing.BTW, I've uploaded some pix that Raegan took to BlueFire Racing on Facebook. She got some really good side-by-sides and a some good paddock shots too.
    Link is foobar and can't edit post...click this

Race 3 is up... I put the pressure on Frank a couple times but made too many mistakes to get past him...way to keep the lead Frank! Just noticed that Firefox and Safari both autoplay the latest videos (i.e. Race 2 and 3) and the controls don't show for Firefox in some cases...I'll work on that this week. In the meantime, you can stop one of the videos (Safari - click stop control, Firefox - right mouse click on the video and click stop from the menu).

Blog Entries
    Think I saw a double block. I'll not point it out anymore than I already have. Lets be sure we are not doing this knowingly. The reason we don't allow it is to minimize the chance of contact. It almost happened in this instance.

Blog Entries
    I guess nobody got my jump at T11 (R1?). It was no "Rob Who?", but I would sure like to see it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Good videos Brian! Wish I had been there. I'm waist deep in a motor swap at the moment. Old one is out and the new one needs new cam bearings and then it will go in... Hopefully will breathe life by the end of September...
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Race 4 is up now as well.
    Turns out I did turn on the camera for R1 but battery died before the end...
    still, might be worth it for the start and my spin...nope...no Glenn jump at T11 from what I saw.
    L8r this week...that's all the time I have for vidz right now.