Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CMC and header wrap on exhaust manifolds - not legal.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    But w/ this sort of notice.
    Why do you think that all the competitors follow these boards and know about this issue???

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    Why do you think that all the competitors follow these boards and know about this issue???

Richard P.
    The rules are located on these boards.
    The race schedule is posted on these boards
    The weekend schedules are posted on these boards.
    Parts are sold, bought, traded and borrowed on these boards.

Why would debate about rules clarifications be seperate?

Is the expectation that directors call every potential racer and give them updates?
    If so, how often? what if you don't answer, how many times should he/she try?

How about USPS or FedEx overnight letter ... sent at the racer's expense of course.

Like it or not, this is the lowest common denominator.
    And if you don't frequent the boards, then you are badly uninformed.
    It's no different than if you don't read the rules at all and just build it without care.
    Does ignorance merit a log book entry only?

It's the beast, like it or not.

Back to retirement, now.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Wow....what a crazy thread I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    Wow....what a crazy thread I missed.
    Yep...I am thinking about writing a l'il robot to crawl this site and pull out anything that is rules related....or really good trash talkin'. Having fun with language-based heuristics lately ....back to work...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx View Post
    The rules are located on these boards.
    The race schedule is posted on these boards
    The weekend schedules are posted on these boards.
    Parts are sold, bought, traded and borrowed on these boards.

Why would debate about rules clarifications be seperate?

The rules are on the national web. The race schedule is on the regional web. The schedules are e-mailed to all entrants. Some people don't care about other people's used crap.

Some people don't care about debating the rules. They just want to know that their car is legal and hope that the system in place will keep their competitors legal so the racing will be good and fair.

I think the boards are a good thing, in general. The rules debates are important and this is a good place to do them. On the other hand, getting caught up in all the controversy is not healthy for some. It’s pretty clear that there are some competitors that had a great time at the track but aren’t racing with us because of all the crap on the internet.

Maybe I’m also being too subtle with the point I’m trying to make. It actually has nothing to do with header wrap. I’m trying to figure out why the first penalty that is pulled out by default for competitor ignorance of a non-performance item at the local level is a disqualification?

Anyway, Dan doesn't hang out here. He thinks that this is a great group of guys that are a blast to race with. If he knew how we all behaved on the internet, I doubt he would stick around. If his car isn’t legal (and it might not be) it’s because neither he nor I know what is out of compliance. It certainly wasn’t legal when he bought it and we have corrected everything we have found. If anyone knows about an issue, we would love to know about it so it can be corrected before disqualification. I imagine that is true of most of the competitors.

Dan has already signed up for the next race and did so without coming here. Based on the entrant list, it looks like everyone else is waiting around to figure out whether or not their ceramic painted headers are going to get them disqualified before they bother wasting their time or money...

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    The rules are on the national web.
    The race schedule is on the regional web.T
    he schedules are e-mailed to all entrants.
    Some people don't care about other people's used crap.

Some people don't care about debating the rules. They just want to know that their car is legal and hope that the system in place will keep their competitors legal so the racing will be good and fair.
    OK ... so some people like to double-click themselves all over the internet and some like to go to one place and get it all. W
    e all have likes and dislikes.
    And one person's crap allows the next guy to race next week. N
    ot everyone has deep pockets.

I don't think you are being subtle at all.
    I think you want utopia and it ain't gonna happen.
    Have to take the good with the bad.

In this case, fair warning was been issued.
    People in CMC KNOW where to get the information.
    Whether they chose to wade through the BS to find it is entirely their choice.

But it is a choice. And if one person legitamately claims they didn't know because they don't come here or
    didn't see it here, are the rest of the racers supposed to say "that's OK. Yer fergivun."
    How many times does the racer get a mulligan?
    That must mean all racers get X number of mulligans.
    The poor guy that reads the rules and tries to play by the rules is freaking a sucker.

The unwritten rule that everyone understands is that up-to-the-minute discussion, debate, clarification, heads' up is all right here.
    It can be pieced together through other channels, but it starts here.

Like it or not, it's the beast.

[QUOTE=mitchntx;57921]The poor guy that reads the rules and tries to play by the rules is an honorable person.

QUOTE]
    Fixed it for ya Mitch

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Anyway, Dan doesn't hang out here. He thinks that this is a great group of guys that are a blast to race with. If he knew how we all behaved on the internet, I doubt he would stick around. If his car isn’t legal (and it might not be) it’s because neither he nor I know what is out of compliance.
    I don't follow completely. If the group is competitive, friendly, and well run why would this matter? Also, my impression is that you guys are prepared to the limit of the rules and will make appropriate changes if something is pointed out to you.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer jeremiahkellam's Avatar
    WOW! Once again, Glenn comes out of left field with his "new interpretation" of a rule...

Good thing I didnt have wrapped headers when I went to Nats twice, and everything in between....
    2010 CMC2 National Champion
    2010 Texas CMC2 Champion
    2010 Summer Shootout Champion - CMC2
    Call it what you want... But that sounds like a Triple Crown to me!!
    http://www.gagemotorsports.com

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremiahkellam View Post
    WOW! Once again, Glenn comes out of left field with his "new interpretation" of a rule...

Good thing I didnt have wrapped headers when I went to Nats twice, and everything in between....

My interpretation is the same as all Directors. You can disagree w/ me since I'm the one posting it, but understand, it is not "my" interpretation - it is CMC's rules.