Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hallett 2014 Summer Shootout Smack Talk!

Hybrid View

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Apologies to those wanting a long race on Sunday, but it's "Hallett in the Heat" and the only cars that will last for a 45 minute race are SM's. I've done it before there (in September) and it was still a drain in me even if the car was happy.

Not sure where the FB rumor came from that Thunder will be running a 45 minute race, but I can tell you it's not true. 30 minutes max for the final shootout folks (25 green to checkered). That's all we can fit in at HMR and still get everybody on the road at a decent time.

If you want more track time, we can always super-size you into TT (or PT/ST) - let me know and we can gladly make that happen.
    Dave Balingit
    NASA RM Regional Dir

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by nasa-rm View Post
    If you want more track time, we can always super-size you into TT (or PT/ST) - let me know and we can gladly make that happen.
    Complementary super size, I will take it!
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    30 minutes for the final race sounds good to me. IIRC, it was a 30 minute final race last year as well.

Dave, with some late departures for Thunder this year, how about Thunder gets an early final race for Hallett?
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    30 minutes for the final race sounds good to me. IIRC, it was a 30 minute final race last year as well.

Dave, with some late departures for Thunder this year, how about Thunder gets an early final race for Hallett?
    I think it's our turn. Yes Dave?

JJ

I had a long conversation with Will yesterday about Texas compared to the rest of NASA. Most of it was very positive. As for the format at Hallett, still up in the air but hopefully getting close. I suggested grabbing last years format/schedule, wash, rinse and repeat. I think Dave is already on that path.

However, Dave, I suggested that you and Will need to get on the same step to kill some confusion of who is in charge and to empower your series directors to push info to racers and receive info requests. If you want everything to come to you, your phone will spontaneously combust!!!
    Ah, fugg it.

AIX>>> Maybe. I'm in the middle of a project that may not be complete by Hallett so doing AIX is an alternative. I won't know for sure until the week of 16th.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post

Well what we were told at TWS was another group whined more. If my kids whine I give them less than what they would have if they were well behaved so I didn't like to hear that we were suppossed to whine about it. I also disagree that SM is the only thing that can go 45 minutes-we have had several years of 40 minute finals at Hallett.
    Last edited by cjlmlml; 05-29-2014 at 11:39 AM.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Well what we were told at TWS was another group whined more. If my kids whine I give them less than what they would have if they were well behaved so I didn't like to hear that we were suppossed to whine about it. I also disagree that SM is the only thing that can go 45 minutes-we have had several years of 40 minute finals at Hallett.
    30 minutes is fine.......just like the last two years.

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    That's funny Bryan because that is exactly what happened to blitz. Less track time.
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not looking good for me guys. I dont have my motor back yet.