Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hallett 2014 Summer Shootout Smack Talk!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    For Randy and Rob, "one deal off" can be huge. Must be a GM thing.
    The "one deal off" ended up being a loose lower control arm bolt, which could become a big deal.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe View Post
    The "one deal off" ended up being a loose lower control arm bolt, which could become a big deal.
    Yep, I'd like to think that Tommy's loose LCA bolt cost me a national championship in 2009... eh. I remember Tommy telling me, "it just won't turn left". I thought, he meant it pushed or something. No. It would NOT turn left at all! It would only go straight or right! LOL!
    Ah, fugg it.

Ok, so we keep losing track time in Blitz and have now lost our 4th race two events in a row and sign ups are pretty low in Blitz. So I am going to explore the possibility of running AIX. Anyone else interested or showing up and goofing around in AIX? Will likely have Misty's Camaro since the Mustang is down for the moment. Anybody game to run with the Pink Camaro on Steriods? Anyone in AI want to "uncork" their beast and have some fun? Anyone want to play Kings of Thunder group with me? Come on...you know you want to!

Not sure how that 45 minute race on Sunday will go but hey, I can cross my fingers that 22 gallons will be enough! Who wants to have some fun?!
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    Ok, so we keep losing track time in Blitz and have now lost our 4th race two events in a row and sign ups are pretty low in Blitz. So I am going to explore the possibility of running AIX. Anyone else interested or showing up and goofing around in AIX? Will likely have Misty's Camaro since the Mustang is down for the moment. Anybody game to run with the Pink Camaro on Steriods? Anyone in AI want to "uncork" their beast and have some fun? Anyone want to play Kings of Thunder group with me? Come on...you know you want to!

Not sure how that 45 minute race on Sunday will go but hey, I can cross my fingers that 22 gallons will be enough! Who wants to have some fun?!
    I may uncork mine on Friday just to see what an additional 50HP and 25TQ do as well as pulling the "easy" 80# of ballast, but my stock fuel tank couldn't support that power level for a 45 minute race, unfortunately.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    I may uncork mine on Friday just to see what an additional 50HP and 25TQ do as well as pulling the "easy" 80# of ballast, but my stock fuel tank couldn't support that power level for a 45 minute race, unfortunately.
    Yeah, that is the reason the mustang is not on the active list. They keep trying to give blitz 30-45 minute races and I can barely do 25 on the factory tank before fuel starving. Many others have the same issue as some cars are over the 500hp mark. Seems nasatx is forcing us to modify our cars and install big fuel cells as they are again trying to kaliforniaize our weekend format. They are giving us the same schedule we specifically voted to not have again so I am calling Will today to ask wtf?
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    Yeah, that is the reason the mustang is not on the active list. They keep trying to give blitz 30-45 minute races and I can barely do 25 on the factory tank before fuel starving. Many others have the same issue as some cars are over the 500hp mark. Seems nasatx is forcing us to modify our cars and install big fuel cells as they are again trying to kaliforniaize our weekend format. They are giving us the same schedule we specifically voted to not have again so I am calling Will today to ask wtf?
    You can always come back to AI. Our race format hasn't changed...
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Apologies to those wanting a long race on Sunday, but it's "Hallett in the Heat" and the only cars that will last for a 45 minute race are SM's. I've done it before there (in September) and it was still a drain in me even if the car was happy.

Not sure where the FB rumor came from that Thunder will be running a 45 minute race, but I can tell you it's not true. 30 minutes max for the final shootout folks (25 green to checkered). That's all we can fit in at HMR and still get everybody on the road at a decent time.

If you want more track time, we can always super-size you into TT (or PT/ST) - let me know and we can gladly make that happen.
    Dave Balingit
    NASA RM Regional Dir

Quote Originally Posted by nasa-rm View Post
    If you want more track time, we can always super-size you into TT (or PT/ST) - let me know and we can gladly make that happen.
    Complementary super size, I will take it!
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    30 minutes for the final race sounds good to me. IIRC, it was a 30 minute final race last year as well.

Dave, with some late departures for Thunder this year, how about Thunder gets an early final race for Hallett?
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    30 minutes for the final race sounds good to me. IIRC, it was a 30 minute final race last year as well.

Dave, with some late departures for Thunder this year, how about Thunder gets an early final race for Hallett?
    I think it's our turn. Yes Dave?

JJ