Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
19.3.6 Double Yellow Flags
Categories: Command; Global.
Description: Two (2) solid motionless yellow flags, displayed at every manned flag station around the course.
Uses: NO PASSING is permitted. This is used to indicate “a full course yellow.” This means that there might
be a problem somewhere on the track. Drivers are NOT required to significantly slow their vehicles; however
they should be prepared to encounter a “local Yellow Flag” situation and/or a Pace Car (or a very slow moving
pack behind the Pace Car). The display of Double Yellow Flags does not guarantee the appearance of a Pace
Car. It is a command that NO PASSING IS ALLOWED until the Pace Car has pulled off the course (if
applicable) and the driver has passed the next manned flag station that is not displaying any Yellow Flag(s).
Reference Pace Car [Ref: (19.4.1)], [Ref: (20.11)], and [Ref : (20.12.1)
Pretty cut and dry except the fact that according to that rule, even with a green flag, you couldn't pass until you got to the green flag station, I'm pretty sure that is not the case.
According to 19.3.3 we are driving under green flag conditions as soon as the checker waived so I wouldn't have been breaking any rules in that case.

Considering the confusing situation I would also hope that 21.1 would have come into play and I wouldn't have been DQ'd.