Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NOLA too far

Junior Member Rookie
    I can feel your pain. Try driving from Tulsa to all of these events! Nothing except Hallett is close. I really don't mind the travel - but taking such a long break in the summer and stacking events really close makes it tough on everyone. I don't mind driving in the heat - we all live in Oklahoma and Texas - It is almost always hot. I like the seven events and rumming all of the tracks. We even try to slip in a couple of Rocky Mountain or Central events just so we don't have the lul in the summer. Each track has it's own virtues and short comings, but I am in whenever I can have the chance!

And I should FINALLY have my AI car ready at Hallett...time tp see just how terrible a driver I really am! Gonna miss having all that HP to make up for the driver!

Mike
    Terlingua 121

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Since we are all commenting... I much prefer a 6 weekend year or less. With family vacations and then 6-7 days off for race weekends is tough to get it all in.

As for TWS... I wouldn't mind skipping TWS completely. I prefer tight tracks as opposed to pure HP tracks.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    If you guys get TWS dropped of the schedule I'm coming after all of you. That's my favorite in-region track (since COTA doesn't count since NASA doesn't run there yet). I especially like running there twice (both directions ftw!). Geographically it's also the best placed track - reasonable distances to Austin, DFW, and Houston.

If you want it to be less of a HP track ask Dave if your group can run a different config that uses the little squiggly bit of track between T3 and the carousel if you want. But don't screw it up for the rest of the people by getting it dropped all together!

- KB, 120whp and still loves TWS 2.9 and 3.1
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Yah don't drop TWS! It's not all HP, it requires a good setup also. I'm tired of running all the Mickey Mouse tracks...cough...msr Houston...cough.... We need to run the big boy tracks more often. Man I wish we could run COTA with NASA. That track is very technical!

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terlingua 121 View Post
    Gonna miss having all that HP to make up for the driver!

Mike
    Terlingua 121
    You will miss the fat Hoosier slicks more than the HP...