Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hallett

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    We definitely will Dustin, glad he is going to make it!!
    Any other Colorado Region guys planning to make the trip?
    Rich Vogl is, in addition to Randy.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Cash or do you need me to bring something?
    Cash is king and point-bys are priceless. I'll only hold you to one.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Almost locked down. I think we're going to be close regardless. OIF/Stormtrooper bringing two smokers. Only real question I have is how big a brisket/or two. We have taters, corn, beans, sausage, etc. for Saturday night. We'll have whatever's still around and cold-beer-getcha-cold-beer for midnight ribs.

Friday is a little more laid back... come find me before lunch and we'll make the call on how much to cook for Friday dinner.

If you said you would bring something - counting on you.
    If you said you would bring cash - counting on you.
    If you haven't responded and you're AI/CMC, we'll figure it out. Show up for Saturday dinner and we should have enough.
    If you want to see what we do, it's not really magic, stop by and watch. Even better, if the track is cold bring the chefs something cold to drink.

Take a deep breath, give the car a once over and let's have a grand time... it's Hallett.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Almost locked down. I think we're going to be close regardless. OIF/Stormtrooper bringing two smokers. Only real question I have is how big a brisket/or two. We have taters, corn, beans, sausage, etc. for Saturday night. We'll have whatever's still around and cold-beer-getcha-cold-beer for midnight ribs.

Friday is a little more laid back... come find me before lunch and we'll make the call on how much to cook for Friday dinner.

If you said you would bring something - counting on you.
    If you said you would bring cash - counting on you.
    If you haven't responded and you're AI/CMC, we'll figure it out. Show up for Saturday dinner and we should have enough.
    If you want to see what we do, it's not really magic, stop by and watch. Even better, if the track is cold bring the chefs something cold to drink.

Take a deep breath, give the car a once over and let's have a grand time... it's Hallett.
    Dave should I contact your mater de Rae or can you advise what we we should bring. FYI I've got the beer part sorted

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trublu View Post
    Dave should I contact your mater de Rae or can you advise what we we should bring. FYI I've got the beer part sorted
    What kind of beer are you bringing for me?

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Trublu View Post
    Dave should I contact your mater de Rae or can you advise what we we should bring.
    I think we're pretty good... but how about some of them jalapeno poppers?

OIF/Stormtrooper Smokehouse Hours of Operation

Friday - ribs go on around noon to eat around 6:00pm. Timing on this really pretty easy to work on. Brisket goes on around 8:30-9:00 Friday night... yes, it's about 1.2 hours/lb. using Orange math.

Saturday - goal will be to have brisket done around 5:00pm so it can rest a bit before we slice it. We'll have the second smoker to use for heating up/cooking sides and stuff too.

Midnight Ribs(tm) - will sound familiar, ribs go on around 6:00pm. As a reminder in case you might not really like them... Rub 2.0 applied with the same touch as a german shepherd on a crack addict. On smoke/190 degrees for 3 hours with a light spritz of apple juice/apple cider vinegar every hour or so to keep 'em moist. Then ribs come out for a slatherin' of Stubbs Sweet Heat cut with honey, a sprinkle of brown sugar, and another spritz before a foil wrapper and back in at 225-250 for two hours more. For the last 45-60 minutes, the pork popsicles come out of their shell, get sauced/sprinkled/spritz one last time while the sugary/saucy glaze sets in. Slice. Gnaw. Guzzle.

It's Midnight Ribs(tm), it's the 2016 Summer Shootout... it's Hallett!
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Rookie chris-CMC#35's Avatar
    (the following is a repeat of an email going to everyone who is on Will's Thunder registration list. plus a few...)

Hello everybody, or should I say… Howdy y’all!!

Okay, that’s out of the way.

Thunder at Hallett is what the whole weekend is all about. We let the other groups come along, but really, it’s the sound of American V8s in this special place that makes the weekend so unique.

There is a mis-match between the Welcome Letter, and the Schedule. The Welcome Letter says the Thunder driver’s meeting is 15 minutes after Qual on Saturday. The Schedule says the Thunder driver’s meeting is 15 minutes after Warm-up. In both cases, the meeting is at raceport # 21.

Since we all know drivers will do their absolute best to avoid meetings, I’m going to make this relatively easy: I will be at raceport #21 at both times. But the meeting that counts will be the one after Qual; if you don’t show up for that meeting, then your Qual time will be thrown out, and you will grid at the back.

The point of having a meeting after Warm-up was to be able to make sure everyone knows that in Qual, the track is green as soon as you go out. No tire scrubbing. If you think you need to warm up your tires, then grid in the back.

Next point: dyno sheets. Bring them. This is a cross-over event, so everyone’s home dyno is accepted. But if you don’t have a current dyno sheet, for the car as it shows up at Hallett, then you will be fun-running.

Remember: show up to the Driver’s meeting. If you don’t, then (in my best Pacino) “you’re dead to me.”

See ya,
    Chris

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Can we add four people to Friday night ribs for Red Shift Racing?

Thanks,
    Richard P.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    Can we add four people to Friday night ribs for Red Shift Racing?
    Yes, done. Bring Friday margaritas.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by chris-CMC#35 View Post
    Next point: dyno sheets. Bring them. This is a cross-over event, so everyone’s home dyno is accepted. But if you don’t have a current dyno sheet, for the car as it shows up at Hallett, then you will be fun-running.
    Not sure why that rubbed me wrong initially... right there in the rules:

Quote Originally Posted by CMC Rules
    3.9 Dynamometer Certification ...must be kept with the car's logbook and be ready to present to any official.
    I've got the graph, Chris do you want a copy of the dyno form available too? I don't think I made a copy before I turned it in at annual tech.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!