Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2022 Hallett Mega Grub Thread

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Dave,
    We have about $100 from the series dues that are "extra" for this year after taking care of the CMC Hallett trophy and annual year-end traveling trophies.
    If everyone is okay, I'd like to designate the excess dues to defray the cost of the Hallett grub.

All in favor?

I!
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    If everyone is okay, I'd like to designate the excess dues to defray the cost of the Hallett grub.
    Ok... back at the ranch and caught up on a little sleep and hydration. I'll update the first thread too so it's all in one place.

I call it a success; as far as I know (haven't heard any differently) everybody got enough food... as well they should have given what we cooked, save the Mosty smoker trying to kill me in the middle of the night, I guess because I'm a Camaro guy... who knows???

Rough stats:
    Pork butts went on around 8 or 9 Thursday night to cook roughly 11 hours. Briskets went on around 6 on Friday night, and one of them was done at 6:30 in the morning. About 65-70lbs. of mesquite pellets and 2.5 or so batches of Rub 2.0. If you're keeping track at home - Salt Lick regular and spicy sauce for the pork, and Stubbs Sticky Sweet and Sweet Heat for the ribs.

Friday dinner / 30 folks / @20lbs pork / slaw / sauce / buns / tortillas / tater salad / chips [Thanks Russell for a pork shoulder]
    Saturday dinner / 50 folks / 45lbs brisket / 10lbs pork / 5lbs beans-sausage / jalapeno dip / buffalo chicken dip / Galactic Nannner Puddin' Bar / chips / cookies / etc.
    Midnight Ribstm / 40 folks / 7 racks / leftover brisket-pork butt

Numerous benefactors over the weekend - thank you for your generosity, at this point I'm pretty sure the food/pellet bill is covered. BUT... if some of the invited guests ask, holler at me and I can get you a PayPal email if they want to throw in.

Last... NO BRISKET FOR YOU 1 YEAR! Daughter gets married next year so not sure I'll make Hallett. Sean cooks better than me anyway.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    My great-nephew enjoyed his ~1/3 cup of 93 octane punch.

We both enjoyed the grub, hospitality, and hanging with the Texas nut jobs again, as brief as it was. Who knows…..you folks may see more of me. That can be both good and bad.

It was great to see folks again after moving from TX>CA in 2008 (hard to believe it’s been so long!!).
    Last edited by Adam Ginsberg; 06-14-2022 at 09:37 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    to the top
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar
    I suppose you need a head count? Myself +2 kiddos (9 & 12) I can handle the bread, hamburger buns, hotdog buns, plus a bunch of soda drinks & bottled water. Im assuming around 50 folks again this year?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee