Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scientific evaluation of Camaro/Mustang performance parity

Hybrid View

Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    ...Any data will be useless.
    You're so full of shit and you know it. If you had the cash to be there you'd have a completely different view. I really thought you got it...guess not.

The point I was trying to make is any amatuer series can only use their National Championship as a check for rules equity. This is not Grand Am or Nascar where all teams race every weekend. These organizations can make rules changes weekly to make sure one brand isn't out performing another. NASA can only compare cars at Nationals, SCCA can only compare cars at the Runoffs, IT classes can only compare at the ARRC at Road Atlanta. You can't make rules changes based on data only received from Texas cars.

Sidney

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    You're so full of shit and you know it. If you had the cash to be there you'd have a completely different view. I really thought you got it...guess not.

The point I was trying to make is any amatuer series can only use their National Championship as a check for rules equity. This is not Grand Am or Nascar where all teams race every weekend. These organizations can make rules changes weekly to make sure one brand isn't out performing another. NASA can only compare cars at Nationals, SCCA can only compare cars at the Runoffs, IT classes can only compare at the ARRC at Road Atlanta. You can't make rules changes based on data only received from Texas cars.

Sidney
    Understand sarcasm when you see it. You obviously don't know me very well.
    Any data is good data as long as you know the limits of what it is telling you. That includes regional data as well. Nationals is not special in that regard. And I'm not sure why you think rules are made/changed based on Texas.... If that was the case, you wouln't have 13" 4 pistom brakes in CMC. No wings either. And alot of S-197 rules have changed w/out a single one here in TX.

For someone who isnt racing in CMC (sold your car right?), you seem to have alot of strong and public opinions these days. Where was all this when it affected you?

Member Rookie
    Understand sarcasm when you see it. You obviously don't know me very well.
    Any data is good data as long as you know the limits of what it is telling you. That includes regional data as well. Nationals is not special in that regard. And I'm not sure why you think rules are made/changed based on Texas.... If that was the case, you wouln't have 13" 4 pistom brakes in CMC. No wings either. And alot of S-197 rules have changed w/out a single one here in TX.

For someone who isnt racing in CMC (sold your car right?), you seem to have alot of strong and public opinions these days. Where was all this when it affected you?
    Unfortunately NASA Nationals is that special as it's the one event that can be considered the place where the best drivers race together. If you don't agree with that then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

So what Region wanted 13" 4 piston brakes? Sure wasn't GL/MW.

The Mustang rules were changed because the leaders drive F-bodies and no one in Texas was going to bitch at them about putting them on 235's!

You obviously don't know me either as the 12 seasons that I had a comp license I posted/emailed/called/attended rules meeting...etc often.

Sidney

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Unfortunately NASA Nationals is that special as it's the one event that can be considered the place where the best drivers race together. If you don't agree with that then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Sidney
    I think many will disagree... racing with a handful of cars with only a few of those actually competitive is hardly worthy of a "national" race. IMHO

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    I think many will disagree... racing with a handful of cars with only a few of those actually competitive is hardly worthy of a "national" race. IMHO
    I'm with you James. Nationals has not been the place to race the best of the best in CMC. Hallett a few years ago when we had guys from three or four regions may not have had every top driver in the country but it had ten times the total talent any Nats has had.
    The driver many consider to be the best in Texas has never even been to a national event. That may be true for other regions as well.
    JJ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I'm with you James. Nationals has not been the place to race the best of the best in CMC. Hallett a few years ago when we had guys from three or four regions may not have had every top driver in the country but it had ten times the total talent any Nats has had.
    The driver many consider to be the best in Texas has never even been to a national event. That may be true for other regions as well.
    JJ
    I'll have to say the best I know of was the first Nats. 23 cars.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll have to say the best I know of was the first Nats. 23 cars.
    Before my time.

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer edrock96GT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    Same. Nat's isn't a gathering of the best drivers. It's the ones with the most money.

If only the drivers had to show up and there was a 302S waiting there for everyone, Rehagen Racing wouldn't just show up and steal the AI purse.
    Eddie Rock

#21 AI '96 GT

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by edrock96GT View Post
    Same. Nat's isn't a gathering of the best drivers. It's the ones with the most money.

If only the drivers had to show up and there was a 302S waiting there for everyone, Rehagen Racing wouldn't just show up and steal the AI purse.
    Ed, small fields are a fact of the "budget" classes like CMC and Spec944. The more well funded classes like AI and ST are not short of talent at nationals. Trust me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rpoz27 View Post
    Ed, small fields are a fact of the "budget" classes like CMC and Spec944. The more well funded classes like AI and ST are not short of talent at nationals. Trust me!
    CMC had 23 the first year. I bet if it gets moved to KS, we would see 30 car fields in CMC.