PDA

View Full Version : So, what did you do today?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

Pranav
02-28-2017, 10:26 AM
Go on... tell everybody you had the flu.

CMC Conflict 2017: Biological Warfare puts Camaros back on top

BryanL
02-28-2017, 12:59 PM
I think Dan settled the non-mustangs are slower than mustangs thing at MSRH.

No kidding but I thought Pranav settled that in sat morning qual? No doubt Dan settled it as he is the first GM car to win a Toyo race since 2014 I believe! Huge Congrats! (sarcasm on) Never mind that four of the the top 5 Fords weren't in attendance. Never mind that Gardner had the fast lap of the weekend by a four tenths over any GM. (sarcasm off) Man that is sooo close to the track record Tyler. Nice job! As always bring back the data loggers.

Pranav
02-28-2017, 01:28 PM
I blacked out during sat qual, that wasn't me driving.

RichardP
02-28-2017, 01:40 PM
No doubt Dan settled it as he is the first GM car to win a Toyo race since 2014 I believe!

Derek Wright won the first Hallett Toyo race in a 4th Gen LS Camaro in 2015.

Richard P.

Supercharged111
02-28-2017, 01:50 PM
Derek Wright won the first Hallett Toyo race in a 4th Gen LS Camaro in 2015.

Richard P.

AFTER he went in the trees down at the bus stop the day prior leaving him with near no practice. His alignment was screwed, but didn't Tyler pull off something like that this year too?

mach1
02-28-2017, 03:02 PM
Go on... tell everybody you had the flu.

My car had/has the flu, is nitrous legal yet?

Fbody383
02-28-2017, 04:56 PM
My car had/has the flu, is nitrous legal yet? Yup, just like the rewards weight you should be carrying. I <3 Ford!

michaelmosty
02-28-2017, 05:22 PM
AFTER he went in the trees down at the bus stop the day prior leaving him with near no practice. His alignment was screwed, but didn't Tyler pull off something like that this year too?

Exactly, after some douche BMW darn near took off the nose in Friday practice. We're talkin bout practice man, practice....

marshall_mosty
02-28-2017, 06:14 PM
and 3,000 replies... make mine 3001!

Pranav
03-01-2017, 03:06 AM
Exactly, after some douche BMW darn near took off the nose in Friday practice. We're talkin bout practice man, practice....

Who was the douche again. I was in Kansas at the time but heard a little about the incident.

I've begun avoiding Sunday mixed warm-up after seeing so much crap happen.

Hoping Friday TnTs moving forward won't be so crazy.

mach1
03-01-2017, 11:29 AM
Who was the douche again. I was in Kansas at the time but heard a little about the incident.

I've begun avoiding Sunday mixed warm-up after seeing so much crap happen.

Hoping Friday TnTs moving forward won't be so crazy.
Scott Landon, watch out, he is at a lot of events. I think he instructs for the BMW club, maybe even NASA (scared).
He gave a point by then lost control and went 4 off then came back flying across the track at a 90 degree angle to the track.
He offered to do nothing after causing thousands in damage to my car.

Pranav
03-04-2017, 09:20 PM
Ran out at TWS today. Was supposed to test a full shock/spring change but the shock guy dropped the ball at the very last minute.

Ended up just beating on the car some before the rain came in. Found a couple of issues.

The computer threw a MAF insufficient code, which it does when it looks at various sensors on the car and predicts a range what the MAF should read and cries foul if it doesn't fall in that range.

Being a cool and rainy day, my IAT sensor located in my lt1 airbox was reading exceptionally low, which I strongly suspect was the culprit. Car ran fine and the other sensors seemed to read OK. Cleared the code and ran for the rest of the day with no issues.

If it's an ongoing issue I can just move the IAT upstream where it will be exposed to more heat. I will pick up a spare MAF to be safe.

After that during the last session I could hear the torque arm tapping, looks like I lost the front clamshell bracket stud/nut again, that hasn't happened since 2014. At least this time the outer bracket was just hanging there.

Got home and napped for a few hours, probably 4hrs of work, pull shocks and wait for them to arrive during the week and I'm all set.

Prior to this track day all I did is install an oil thermostat, replace the fan, and put in a new pinion nut.

Glad to finally be getting to the point where work between events is somewhat minimal, and being able to drive the car between events again.

Supercharged111
03-05-2017, 12:03 AM
Ran out at TWS today. Was supposed to test a full shock/spring change but the shock guy dropped the ball at the very last minute.

Ended up just beating on the car some before the rain came in. Found a couple of issues.

The computer threw a MAF insufficient code, which it does when it looks at various sensors on the car and predicts a range what the MAF should read and cries foul if it doesn't fall in that range.

Being a cool and rainy day, my IAT sensor located in my lt1 airbox was reading exceptionally low, which I strongly suspect was the culprit. Car ran fine and the other sensors seemed to read OK. Cleared the code and ran for the rest of the day with no issues.

If it's an ongoing issue I can just move the IAT upstream where it will be exposed to more heat. I will pick up a spare MAF to be safe.

After that during the last session I could hear the torque arm tapping, looks like I lost the front clamshell bracket stud/nut again, that hasn't happened since 2014. At least this time the outer bracket was just hanging there.

Got home and napped for a few hours, probably 4hrs of work, pull shocks and wait for them to arrive during the week and I'm all set.

Prior to this track day all I did is install an oil thermostat, replace the fan, and put in a new pinion nut.

Glad to finally be getting to the point where work between events is somewhat minimal, and being able to drive the car between events again.

I found on the 5.0 Ford that IAT sensor location is critical. I tried to put my IAT in the airbox and the car ran like ass as the ECU was calibrated for an IAT sensor located in the heat soaked intake manifold. Get that right before you rack your brain for a problem that may not even be.

Pranav
03-05-2017, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I'll move it if it comes back.

I like where it's at now, more consistent readings IMO.

Supercharged111
03-05-2017, 12:02 PM
If we were allowed to tune, you could make it 100%.

Pranav
03-05-2017, 12:17 PM
Yeah, like I said it was cold/rainy yesterday which is a rarity down here.

Car still ran great and didn't lose power. I'm just of the belief that my IAT location is putting MAF flow readings just below the range the ls1 computer expects. It's expecting to see readings on the level of a 5.7 motor with better flowing heads and a better cam, not a stock 5.3 out of a Buick Rainier, so the cold/rain theory makes sense :p

The torque arm stud/nut just fell out so that's an easy fix.

dtanker65
03-05-2017, 03:47 PM
Check the air filter. All of the stock Boxters sucked in a bunch of water in the rain and were making less power than the Miatas. I've been told some of the maf cars don't like the oiled K&N filters.
I wussed out on testing in the rain today. Coach said to "hang up the lace panties and get out the race panties, we are racing next weekend"

marshall_mosty
03-05-2017, 04:19 PM
Michael and I got everything buttoned up on AI67 this morning. Just need the put it on the trailer Friday morning and get a bit of testing on Friday to hopefully dial-in the spring rates and shock settings.

ShadowBolt
03-05-2017, 08:17 PM
I got the 55 loaded on the trailer and hooked up to the motorhome today. I need a dyno tune......I mean a dyno cert on the 5.3........I mean 4.6 on Friday at the track. Hope it goes okay. All I did was drive it to the corner and back. Felt okay.

JJ

Fbody383
03-05-2017, 09:53 PM
If we were allowed to tune, you could make it 100%. Uh... you could go to AI. BAM! Right there...

Storm Trooper
04-01-2017, 03:33 PM

marshall_mosty
04-01-2017, 03:37 PM
Uh oh.... new CMC car???

Supercharged111
04-02-2017, 10:10 AM
Looks prettier than mine. :D

Storm Trooper
04-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Uh oh.... new CMC car???

Parts car

Fbody383
04-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Parts car We bought a transmission, they threw in...

APC front seats
leather interior
tail lights
torque arm
doors
fenders
hood
steering column
k-member
front bumper cover
rear bumper cover
PCM
really cool chrome wheels w/ caps
and at least an engine core

RichardP
04-03-2017, 12:31 PM
We bought a transmission, they threw in...

APC front seats
leather interior
tail lights
torque arm
doors
fenders
hood
steering column
k-member
front bumper cover
rear bumper cover
PCM
really cool chrome wheels w/ caps
and at least an engine core

If you are looking to sell any of those parts to recoup your investment, Red Shift needs a driver and passenger door (for different cars...).

Richard P.

Fbody383
04-03-2017, 10:18 PM
Red Shift needs a driver and passenger door (for different cars...). Done on the doors. Let me confirm with the rest of the investment group on price. Good chance it gets stripped this weekend.

marshall_mosty
05-21-2017, 02:08 PM
I raced in the Denton Waterworks Triathlon today. Had a GREAT time.

250m swim (using the 10 lanes in the natatorium 25m pool)
12 mike bike
5K run

There were approx 260 racers and I finished 56th overall with a 1:11:25.30

I was 20th in the water as they based your start from your registration "swim" time.

Swimming was easiest, but quite a few folks fibbed on how fast they could swim. Had a few traffic jams in the pool. Trying to pass in a single lane trying to go "three wide" is a challenge. I think I picked up six spots or so in the pool, while trying not to get kicked and set yourself up for a good under the ropes diagonal push-off the wall.

The ride started out in a drizzle and then cleared up before I got finished. Man, the guys/gals on the "Time Trial" or "Tri" bikes were crazy fast. Easily 3-4 mph faster than what I could muster. Overall the ride went fine until about 300 yards to the finish and my front tire started to get a flat. Rode on a flat tire for the last 150 yards. Turning was quite difficult as well as stopping. Almost over-ran the bike dismount line with the front tire locked up. On post-race inspection, I picked up a small shard of glass. There were 6-8 bikes with flats just on the portion of the folks I saw.

The run was easy, but felt slower than I would have liked. Had shin splits halfway thru the run that I just had to not think about and push thru it. By the end, I couldn't really feel them anymore.

Now that it's over, it was a blur.

I need to work on my bike the most. That is easily where I left the most time on the course.

The transition areas went as smooth as I could have expected for a first time race. I forgot my sunglasses in the car, but thankfully it was overcast and just drizzling for the ride. I did spend a bit of extra time to put on dry socks for the run. I'm glad I did. Hammered down a chug of Gatorade and a gel pack prior to the run. (For those who haven't experienced gel "food", it's the consistency of toothpaste. And this was "berry" flavor. Yumm (not), but gives you 100 calories of quick fuel to keep going.

The bike needs to go into the shop for a tuneup (was changing gears back/forth) about halfway thru the rear cassette during the ride. Probably to be expected for an 18 year old road bike.

Now time to find the next race... :)

Fbody383
05-22-2017, 09:43 AM
The bike needs to go into the shop for a tuneup (was changing gears back/forth) about halfway thru the rear cassette during the ride. Probably to be expected for under-maintained 18 year old road bike. Fixed it for you. I ride an '01 Ti bike... ok, the group says I might, might actually still own a bike. Allegedly.

If you really want to get better on the bike, find a regular group to ride with. If you want to ride fast - you have to ride fast, and it hurts to go fast.

If I had some seat time I think I can still print a 35mph sprint.

Adam Ginsberg
06-02-2017, 01:50 PM
It's been quite some time since I've posted here at all, let alone in the thread I started. For whatever reason, I decided to peruse the site today, and noticed Marshall's post to part out his car, and his movement to triathlons - congrats, Marshall.

Interesting that Marshall has gotten into Tri's.....FWIW, several of the guys here in CA that I raced with have gotten into road cycling (Nick Steel, Matt King, Ryan Walton, etc), myself included (I got back into cycling in 2011).

A few weeks ago, I convinced some friends to ride up Mt Baldy to see the stage 5 finish of the Amgen Tour of California pro-bike race, including Matt King and a co-worker from Dallas.

So, we set off at 8am for a little bike ride (https://www.strava.com/activities/994878034). It's a route I'd done previously with some friends last December....~22mi to get from Glendora to Mt Baldy village, climbing nearly the entire time, with very few respites along the way. Then, a FAST mountain descent (42+mph, on a bike) that will use your road racing skills.

It's quite amazing how many parallels there are between cycling and road racing. Every bit as challenging, daunting, and exhilarating.

And, one can spend a sizable chunk of income and time doing it, as my wife reminds me....regularly. I have just about the same money in my BMC GF01 road bike as I do my 1994 F150. :D

Fbody383
06-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Adam, good to see ya. I had the opportunity a couple years ago to be at the Mt. Baldy finish line of the TOC. Literally. On. The. Finish. Line.

We were in the NBC satellite truck when the race went to live coverage in the US. I hear you on the bike - I ride (allegedly) and Airbone Ti bike that I absolutely love.

Adam Ginsberg
06-02-2017, 02:56 PM
The speed of the pros is....incredible. We were at the first KOM location....the stage start came up Mt Baldy Road (4.5mi, 7% avg (https://www.strava.com/segments/14721910)), then hung a left on GRR for a 0.8mi/7% avg climb (https://www.strava.com/segments/593714)....and the two fighting for KOM points came past us at 12-13mph, pushing nearly 400W. All at elevation (some 5000', as I recall).

I've been fortunate enough to watch several ATOC stage finishes, and they are, IMO, every bit as exciting as a sports car race finish.

RichardP
06-02-2017, 03:41 PM
Every bit as challenging, daunting, and exhilarating.

I do quite a bit of road riding. It's good stuff but I can't really agree, certainly not around here. Mountain biking on tight single track is pretty close, though. Dan and I chase each other through the woods around here and both agree it's a way better price/thrill than the car stuff. And you can get the adrenaline hit way more often. I tried to get Josh into it but he fell down/went boom/got a boo-boo less than five minutes into the first ride (missed a turn and ended up upside down stuck in the mud with the bike tangled on top of him - I still laugh every time I pass that spot...).

I ride (allegedly) an Airbone Ti bike that I absolutely love.

I can attest to seeing you out on the bike several times, although it has been a while. I'll be out there tomorrow morning...

Richard P.

Adam Ginsberg
06-02-2017, 06:29 PM
I do quite a bit of road riding. It's good stuff but I can't really agree, certainly not around here. Mountain biking on tight single track is pretty close, though. Dan and I chase each other through the woods around here and both agree it's a way better price/thrill than the car stuff. And you can get the adrenaline hit way more often. I tried to get Josh into it but he fell down/went boom/got a boo-boo less than five minutes into the first ride (missed a turn and ended up upside down stuck in the mud with the bike tangled on top of him - I still laugh every time I pass that spot...).

Well, the terrain you ride is vastly different than what I ride here in CA. Due to that, our riding experiences will be very different. We have mountain passes. You have freeway overpasses. :)

The adrenaline rush of climbing, then descending, say, Casitas Pass (https://www.strava.com/activities/959421330), or Mulholland Drive, is pretty awesome.

Pack up your bike, and come ride out here. Be sure to bring your climbing legs and lungs.

RichardP
06-02-2017, 09:42 PM
Pack up your bike, and come ride out here. Be sure to bring your climbing legs and lungs.

I have an extra mountain bike for you to use when you come here. Bring your testicles (with permission from your wife, of course). 😀

RichardP

Fbody383
08-25-2017, 01:20 PM
Hurricane prep...

cjlmlml
08-25-2017, 02:00 PM
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=scorpions+hurricane&qpvt=scorpions+hurricane&FORM=VDRE

michaelmosty
08-25-2017, 04:37 PM
Might as well rock out during the storm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9vvPQW9N1c

Y'all stay safe!!

Supercharged111
08-25-2017, 06:22 PM
Hurricanes? Tell me more about why I should move to TX.

Fbody383
08-26-2017, 11:44 AM
Hurricanes? Tell me more about why I should move to TX. I have a theory that people live where they are comfortable with natural disasters. At least you can see a hurricane coming... don't give me no earthquakes.

Rob Liebbe
08-26-2017, 11:47 AM
I have a theory that people live where they are comfortable with natural disasters. At least you can see a hurricane coming... don't give me no earthquakes.

North Texas has earthquakes, Colorado has a large influx of Californians, Houston has hurricanes, Oklahoma has tornadoes....nowhere is safe. :)

Supercharged111
08-26-2017, 05:52 PM
We have an influx of everyone who wants to smoke weed. It's driving up the cost of housing something ridiculous. Upgrading for me is cost prohibitive here which is frustrating to say the least. I'm tired of using my cramped suburbian garage as a shop. We did get raped by hail last year, wasn't the first time. Also had a windstorm earlier this year with 100mph gusts.

mach1
08-27-2017, 07:24 PM
How is everyone in Houston doing?

39PitCrew
08-27-2017, 08:49 PM
How is everyone in Houston doing?

Glug glug glug ....... wet.

Pranav
08-27-2017, 10:31 PM
My apartment complex is now officially a lake front property. Going to list my unit up on airbnb soon.

https://goo.gl/photos/7RuRRe8Rihj1NKdN9

Fortunately I fled up north to the parents' house for the long weekend. Staying dry up here with little risk of flooding. May not be able to return to work or home until late this week.

Looks like a lot of race car work will get done instead.

Supercharged111
08-27-2017, 11:17 PM
Damn. I was seeing some things on the internets that made me wonder how you guys were holding up. Pranav you don't live on the 1st floor, so ya?

Pranav
08-27-2017, 11:48 PM
Nah, 4th floor fortunately and it still hasn't even lost power.

cjlmlml
08-28-2017, 11:33 AM
Dallas had earthquake Friday am

And we also have The Californians here now. Ugh

Lot of Houstonians are in shelters here , more coming, many don't have anything but what they were wearing.

If you have clothes or anything to donate to these people

Drop off at Trusted World 15660 North Dallas Parkway

ShadowBolt
08-28-2017, 12:52 PM
Anyone know if Gary is okay? I saw that water was over the curbs at his house but don't know how much worse it got. I saw some post on FB but have not gotten a reply to the text I sent him. I know Rob is okay.....dry and with power. What about David, Al, Daniel and whoever else I'm forgetting? I assume the flooding is only on the South side? Katy, the Woodlands okay?

JJ

Pranav
08-28-2017, 12:59 PM
I think Gary is OK for now but flooding is all over Houston not just the south..

I'm up in Spring which is 2/3 of the way to the Woodlands and they are launching fan boats 500ft from our house because the neighborhood behind us is flooded beyond belief; we are 1/2 mile away from Cypress Creek and they are evacuating the back half of our neighborhood because it sits so low and close to that creek. We are plenty fine still.

Lake conroe is releasing dam water so it people up north are getting hit too; seen people in parts of woodlands are stuck because the roads are flooded around them.

Those pics I sent earlier of my apt area near downtown off buffalo bayou were better than they are now; that bayou has added another 10 ft of water now that the reservoirs out west are releasing water into it.

Last I saw Sean was wading around in the street and running off a generator.

Craig all the way up in waller had to dig some extra drainage to try keep the house dry.

Haven't heard from Francis yet; Fernandez I think has a flooded street.

Anyone else ok?

Crazy times.

https://goo.gl/photos/puzUswAsn8uY8hAfA

39PitCrew
08-28-2017, 01:42 PM
I think Gary is OK for now but flooding is all over Houston not just the south..

Anyone else ok?

Crazy times.

https://goo.gl/photos/puzUswAsn8uY8hAfA

Yea, kinda wet here. I think Orange Is Fast gang is doing okay.
Sean got power back a little earlier.
I'm dry and have electricity and interwebs.
OiF race car shop may have some water.
Current total at my house on the digital rain gauge is 25 inches.
Scott

drecords
08-28-2017, 01:45 PM
We are currently still dry and still have power so are doing better than many in Houston right now. The floodwaters from White Oak Bayou got about a 1/2block from us yesterday and thankfully subsided overnight. Made it over to the shop this morning and #34 is also high and dry.

Fbody383
08-28-2017, 02:35 PM
Last I saw Sean was wading around in the street and running off a generator.

Craig all the way up in waller had to dig some extra drainage to try keep the house dry.

Haven't heard from Francis yet; Fernandez I think has a flooded street. Sean got power back. Paul C. is doing well last I talked to him. Fernandez is well as far as I know. We think there was some water in the race car shop, my mom's house had about 6" in it when they came to my place yesterday. My place is high and dry. We have found one roof leak in the kitchen at an AC vent.

I got a fresh bottle of Tullamore and the ice is holding out...

Alien
08-29-2017, 10:12 AM
We are better than others. Water didn't come up any higher up the driveway than it did Sunday evening. Surrounding streets were/are flooded, so we just stayed put (S of Westpark Tollway and Mason). This morning the coast guard chopper is flying back and fourth overhead for people two subdivisions over (Mission Bend). Across 1093 from us (north) is Cinco Ranch which backs up to Barker reservoir, which has homes underwater.

Fortunately, rest of the family is good too. Both of my brothers and parents live on Fry Rd between Clay and 290. Same mo, streets flooded, houses dry with no loss of power.

Rob Liebbe
08-30-2017, 07:45 PM
The Liebbe family is doing well, very luck and thankful. No water issues, power was only out for a couple of hours. As soon as I got the generator on at my house and the neighbor's, the power came back on.

We spent today (Wednesday) helping some friends whose house flooded - moving furniture that could be repaired, breaking up baseboards and drywall, throwing everything else out onto the yard. In the great spirit of Texas, there were tons of people walking the streets with water, Gatorade, beer and margaritas. Others were going house to house asking if help was needed. At one time there must have been 20 people helping our friends. A woman and her two daughters came by and offered their help. I redirected them to a man who was working at his house by himself. 20 minutes later, he had 15 people helping him.

All of those seriously affected have a long road ahead of them.

Rob

AllZWay
08-31-2017, 08:39 AM
Good to hear that most of our Houston folks have faired pretty well.

michaelmosty
09-02-2017, 04:49 PM
Was stuck at work and came across this surfing youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiE7zp6DCaY

Fbody383
12-14-2017, 01:28 PM
You know how you sometimes sign up for stuff online expecting nothing? Well, got an interesting email today:

Dear COPO Camaro Fan,

You are receiving this informational follow up because you recently expressed interest in buying one of the 69 COPO Camaros that the Chevrolet Performance team will be building for the 2018 race season.

We have had several thousand enthusiasts express interest in the 2018 COPO Camaro. A third party has randomly ranked the COPO Camaro Mailing List, and we are pleased to inform you that you have been selected.

If you want to buy a COPO Camaro, this is your chance. Please, remember that this opportunity to buy a COPO Camaro is non-transferrable.

For you to take advantage of this opportunity to purchase a 2018 COPO Camaro, we need to hear back from you within 48 hours of the receipt of this email.

Please, email us back at the following email address with (1) your intent to buy a COPO, (2) your preferred telephone number, as well as (3) a good time for us to call you back to confirm your order:

Attached, please find the “2018 COPO Camaro Order Form” which includes options and pricing information. Please, use this order form to help you determine how you want your COPO Camaro optioned. You will need to have this form filled out before we can place your order.

Thank you for your interest in the 2018 COPO Camaro program. We look forward to working with you.

Sincerely,

Your Chevrolet Performance Team

Talked to the Chevy guy. About 16,000 signed up and he started calling folks this week.

How's that for an early Christmas present?

Sook
12-14-2017, 02:45 PM
Too cool! Can't wait to see it

- Josh

AllZWay
12-14-2017, 03:41 PM
Very cool...

Fbody383
12-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Not sure what I'd do with an 8 second drag car... neat collectible, but puts a dent in the money pile.

RichardP
12-14-2017, 03:53 PM
How's that for an early Christmas present?

So you're getting it? How are you optioning it? Race it, flip it???

Richard P.

Fbody383
12-14-2017, 07:37 PM
So you're getting it? How are you optioning it? Race it, flip it??? Still working all the angles. Best scenario is a friends/family flip for a little juice.

Engine
o 350 CID w/ 2.9L Super Charger (NHRA rated at 580 HP) $117,250
x Includes Parachute Package
o 427 CID NA (NHRA rated at 480 HP) $109,000
o 302 CID NA (LT Based) (NHRA rated at TBD HP) $112,100

And there's an option to buy additional engines stamped with the COPO serial number.

Slightly surreal. But if you take delivery in MI, you get to tour the COPO facility.

ShadowBolt
12-14-2017, 08:24 PM
I remember when Richard Gas Monkey bought one or two of these. If only 69 are made can you make money on it if you buy it?

Suck fumes
12-14-2017, 09:44 PM
this is just like the cobra jet that ford makes. They had made a cobra jet for 2016 and one was on ebay for just over $100k. Problem is that car and the copo can never be titled so you are just buying a really expensive race car with a very small market of buyers that would want to collect it. They are cool but unless you put it in a glass box for 15yrs or race it and win a large championship prob not worth the six fig price tag. BUT. it is cool haha!

Suck fumes
12-14-2017, 09:54 PM
I remember when Richard Gas Monkey bought one or two of these. If only 69 are made can you make money on it if you buy it?

Looks like Dennis is still sitting on it haha

2014 Chevrolet Camaro https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F17 3005960487

Fbody383
12-15-2017, 10:03 AM
Looks like Dennis is still sitting on it haha

2014 Chevrolet Camaro https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F17 3005960487

Here's what I've learned pretty quickly
Chevrolet restarted COPO cars in 2012
In 2013 built 69 COPO cars and 20 body in white chassis cars
In 2014 built 69 COPO cars and 18 body in black chassis cars
http://www.2013copocamaro.com/index.html
These are the Gas Monkey/Collins cars

Agree it's a small market, but GM guys tell me close to 16,000 entries for 69 cars. I just need to find a couple. Since it's non-transferable, anybody not in the lottery is by definition a second owner.

Fbody383
12-19-2017, 05:20 PM
As Elsa says... let it go.

Well it was a fun exercise; I'm just not in a circle to expect to be able move the car efficiently.

Deal was $10k down payment, pick color/graphics/engine combo. IF you had the coin, being able to order a car AND one of each numbered replacement engines would give you really cool package. Delivery is at the COPO facility or have it shipped. If you go up to get it you get a tour.

I figure it's $1-$1.5k a year to insure it sitting in the garage, with downside risk of about $25k. Then combo of interest/margin/tax expense getting cash together.

Jerry should have bought it as an advertising/marketing expense.

Oh, and a cool jacket... for the money you also get a jacket.

Gun to my head and forced to spend $125k on a car today - air cooled 911 Turbo.

marshall_mosty
06-02-2018, 09:12 PM
Got my ‘57 out for its maiden voyage in almost 30 years! Engine runs like a top, Transmission shifts (it only has to do that once since it’s a “Glide”... LOL)... Hopefully completely together except for interior in about a month.

https://youtu.be/Z2pwJiRQc4U

centerville
06-03-2018, 02:18 PM
Sweet car!

Rob Liebbe
06-04-2018, 09:13 AM
Excellent! My 70 Chevelle has a 'Glide. I'm constantly waiting for it to shift again.