PDA

View Full Version : So, what did you do today?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Rob Liebbe
11-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Why did you accuse Love of cheating?

Not a good one.

AllZWay
11-10-2011, 10:11 AM
Not a good one.

I think he is trying to poke a stick in a hornets nest. :D

cjlmlml
11-10-2011, 10:11 AM
It was either you or one of the Kardashians.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz

David Love AI27
11-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Why did you accuse Love of cheating?

Good one...

Only behind my back.... LOL

David Love AI27
11-10-2011, 10:13 AM
It was either you or one of the Kardashians.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz

BTW.. hows the family????

David Love AI27
11-10-2011, 10:19 AM
I think he is trying to poke a stick in a hornets nest. :D

Chris wouldn't do that!!!

OK, he would....

cjlmlml
11-10-2011, 01:24 PM
All is good, except I still have to go to work.

jeffburch
11-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Just about had a wreck turning around to get a photo of this.

BryanL
11-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Nice find-paint it red and its Lightning McQueen.

AllZWay
11-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Cool... a new paint job and I would pimp that. ;)

Rob Liebbe
11-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Proof positive that you can't mix bodywork with Crown Royal and Cocaine.

ShadowBolt
11-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Proof positive that you can't mix bodywork with Crown Royal and Cocaine.
At least HE finished his car.

JJ

Fbody383
11-14-2011, 10:33 AM
At least HE finished his car. Well played sir, well played.

Adam Ginsberg
11-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Didn't hit anything before the rim broke, or after (thankfully). Approximately 100+mph, turned left for T1 at Sears, rim/tire exited the car (kinda quietly, too!), and I went plowing into the grass. The safety crew found my wheel at T5.

Fixed, and back out racing on Sunday. The other 5Zigen's are now going to the scrap yard.

Off to Chicago for the week. Discuss amoungst ya selves.

Rob Liebbe
11-14-2011, 11:01 AM
At least HE finished his car.

JJ

Finishing isn't the problem, starting is.

jdlingle
11-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Didn't hit anything before the rim broke, or after (thankfully). Approximately 100+mph, turned left for T1 at Sears, rim/tire exited the car (kinda quietly, too!), and I went plowing into the grass. The safety crew found my wheel at T5.

Fixed, and back out racing on Sunday. The other 5Zigen's are now going to the scrap yard.

Off to Chicago for the week. Discuss amoungst ya selves.

Holy shit! Howold was that wheel that broke? How much warning did you get? That is a SCARY failure.

AllZWay
11-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Wow Adam... glad no other damage happened.

Adam Ginsberg
11-14-2011, 01:14 PM
I bought the rims used from a fellow AI racer earlier this year. I'm unsure how long he'd had them before I got them. I used them at 3 or 4 events this year, without any problems. No contact with other cars, and I had just inspected them to have a new set of RA1's mounted 3 days before Sears. It's possible the tire shop got the rim "tweaked" in the mounting machine, but I have no evidence of it. I do recall one particular rim/tire combo having a slight air leak that I thought was a valve stem. When the tire shop install the new RA1's, I had them replace all 4 valve stems, and didn't have any leaks afterwards. At least, as far as I know.

There was NO warning prior to failure, at least, that I can recall. We've all heard various "noises" when driving, typically attributed to rocks flying up, a nut/bolt, etc. But, we don't pull off track every time we hear what we believe to be a "minor" ping/ting/thud.

Had the rim failed in T10, or the carousel, it would have been very ugly. Had it failed on the banks of Cal Speedway.....well....

The brake rotor, while packed with dirt and grass, was undamaged, as the remainder of the rim rode along the pavement the short distance prior to the grass. The passenger fender is a bit tweaked, but can he popped back into place. Beyond that, the car appears to be ok - I raced on Sunday, and the car was ok. I didn't run the laptimes I wanted (damn Nick Steel!), but was faster this weekend than I had been before.

The center section is now hung in my office as a trophy, and the rim is in the garage and will be treated similarly. At least there's a good story behind it. :)

ShadowBolt
11-14-2011, 04:15 PM
No contact with other cars,

Really?

Just kidding Adam, glad you and the car are okay.

How much more of this can we ecpect as we add weight to the newer cars to try and keep things even?

JJ

HoustonNW
11-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Got my new iPhone 4s today. I had a Blackberry and so the smart phones didn't interest me at all - so what if you can browse the web or download a bunch of useless apps? However my boss recommended it highly, I saw the new commercial and got interested, and ordered one.

***paradigm shift***

I'm in love with Siri, hope my wife doesn't find out. She does everything I ask without complaint. She is the perfect woman/assistant/companion!

Well almost everything. I had to try the "open the pod bay doors" and got a reply of "sigh". LOL

Casey_SS
11-14-2011, 11:22 PM
I'm a recent convert from Blackberry to iPhone as well. Very impressed...neat little gadget. The usability is fantastic but the apps are the real paradigm shift. Take racing for example. Some guys are using just their iPhone for in-car video, lap times, and data logging. There's an app I have seen called Harry's Lap Timer which is pretty cool. http://gps-laptimer.de/Home.html Gives you lap times, sector times, mph at different points, OBDII data logging, shows your lines, analyzes braking points, g-forces, etc. and overlays it all with in-car video (taken from your iPhone). Here's the mph output from a buddy's lap at ECR when he was playing with it...it's not Motec or anything but looks fairly useful for a $9 app:

http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b420/Casey_SS/Laptimer.png

Marshall - I didn't think about it until just now but this might be a cheap, easy way to do some of the testing we want to do in AI next season if you don't already have a better solution lined up. Disclaimer - I don't yet own this app, am not affiliated with it in any way and have never tested it myself. I can't vouch for the accuracy or consistency of results. Just a thought...

BlueFirePony
11-15-2011, 12:10 AM
I bought the rims used from a fellow AI racer earlier this year

I will say that I've heard more than a few bad stories about the FN01Rs but I've been running the 5zigen FN01R-C (cast) wheels most of the last 3 years and...well, they are not gently used - been very reliable - two were repaired this year and still spinning (reasonably) true.
Were those the cast or the forged versions Adam?

How much more of this can we ecpect as we add weight to the newer cars to try and keep things even?

JJ
good question

Fbody383
11-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Read this (http://blogs.hbr.org/cs/2011/02/nine_things_successful_people.html); "Nine Things Successful People Do"

kbrewmr2
11-16-2011, 05:25 PM
get the Race Monitor app while you're at it - can use your iPhone to pull live T&S data from anywhere that's broadcasting it (like say, NASA-TX... ;) )

Was great to see the exact laptime down to the thousandth with just a tiny bit of delay as the data ping-ponged within the track, out to the 'net, and then over the air to my phone.

Adam Ginsberg
11-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Were those the cast or the forged versions Adam?

Cast.

jeffburch
11-21-2011, 09:08 AM
I rode RRMT this weekend in Bultcher,Tx. on my big pig XR650.

(not my video)
http://youtu.be/C2IEUsOlYgo

(still not my video, more my speed)
http://youtu.be/KDQXmq196OE

jb

Fbody383
11-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Put the drivetrain back together... 951

Oh, and pulled the rear housing of one of the T-56s and found parts of what looks like these on the magnets... 952

It is locked in what seems to be 4th gear. I'm guessing that i've got a shift fork and synchro issue but obviously will know more as I get it further apart. Good news so far is that the fluid that was left was clear and the gear wear I can see so far looks good. At this rate I might actually have a car running for MSRH.

GlennCMC70
11-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Likely broke keys. The stamped ones suck. In your pic, they are the ones on the far right on the bottoom row.
The good stuff is on the top row. But!!!!!! Use the OEM type nylon pads (bottom row - left and middle) and the billet keys (top row - far right). The brass pads cause too much wear on the hard parts. The nylon pads are cheaper to replace than parts they are protecting. The brass pads will wear those parts and cost you more money in the long run.

michaelmosty
11-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Ahh, I thought they were LEGO pieces.

David Love AI27
11-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Ahh, I thought they were LEGO pieces.

They "le go" alright... an when they "le go" you're done...

HoustonNW
11-21-2011, 08:46 PM
They "le go" alright... an when they "le go" you're done...

Funny, I can actually hear you saying that!

mitchntx
11-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Likely broke keys. The stamped ones suck. In your pic, they are the ones on the far right on the bottoom row.
The good stuff is on the top row. But!!!!!! Use the OEM type nylon pads (bottom row - left and middle) and the billet keys (top row - far right). The brass pads cause too much wear on the hard parts. The nylon pads are cheaper to replace than parts they are protecting. The brass pads will wear those parts and cost you more money in the long run.

Last rebuild, Jason went back to brass.

He said for HD use, the nylon pads weren't holding up.

And the brass is softer than the cast gear, so no worries.

Fbody383
11-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Does anybody have a preference on T56 parts suppliers?

I'm gonna try for some "quality time" with it this weekend to see what I HAVE to address.

Casey_SS
11-22-2011, 12:42 PM
D&D Performance was the "preferred" supplier several years ago when mine needed a rebuild...might be cheaper options now but D&D is still in business and ranks pretty high on a Google search which bodes well after all these years.

BryanL
11-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Does anybody have a preference on T56 parts suppliers?

I'm gonna try for some "quality time" with it this weekend to see what I HAVE to address.

http://www.standardtransmission.com/

rpoz27
11-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Matt found a guy in San Antonio that went through the trans in the camaro. wasnt cheap but WOW! It works awesome. I'd also suggest replacing the clutch M/C with the one from Tickracing.com....as well as their bleeder extension line. Totally better and precise if you could ever say that about an f-body! 1 day turn around and was around $1000 but it's built for several years of hard use now. here is his facebook link.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Motorsports/130432057056504

Nice guy, does great work and made it easy for us to drop off and pick up.

RichardP
11-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Hook'em Horns...

Richard P.

michaelmosty
11-25-2011, 11:04 AM
I am sitting at my desk at work crying thinking of 1,000 places I would rather be today. My boss SUCKS!!!!!

David Love AI27
11-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Last night, I kept all of you safe by communicating with all plant employees about plant mode, ORAM status and applicable DIDs.

:?

REALLY???? well my power was out all morning yesterday.... guess I should have planned on deep frying a turkey instead of using elec oven.... :-(

Fbody383
11-25-2011, 04:54 PM
I am sitting at my desk at work crying thinking of 1,000 places I would rather be today. My boss SUCKS!!!!! Wow... man, hate to hear that. That must put you in the essential employee stack.

t. sips... Congrats, well played game by the Horns who made big plays when they had to.

Fbody383
11-26-2011, 01:19 AM
T56 review... this is the one that started in the car:

Reverse synchro shot... both sides it looks like

5/6 synchro looks bad too

Trans still locked in 4th but I didn't have the right torx drivers tonight... Bearings and gears all look good at this point.

HoustonNW
11-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Wow... man, hate to hear that. That must put you in the essential employee stack.

t. sips... Congrats, well played game by the Horns who made big plays when they had to.

Nobody wanted the truck, race car, and trailer for $100 so I gave them to one of those "will work for food" guys on the corner. He said that he would have preferred $5 for beer but seemed appreciative anyway.

Rob Liebbe
11-26-2011, 07:37 PM
T56 review... this is the one that started in the car:

Reverse synchro shot... both sides it looks like

5/6 synchro looks bad too

Trans still locked in 4th but I didn't have the right torx drivers tonight... Bearings and gears all look good at this point.

Give Glenn at Rosehill Performance a call. He is just west of Tomball.

http://www.rosehillperformanceparts.com/

Quick, honest, very reasonably priced and no expensive shipping.

Fbody383
11-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Give Glenn at Rosehill Performance a call. He is just west of Tomball.Thanks Rob, I'll give them a ring.

Good news is the whole gearset looks fine. 3/4 synchro was one of the main culprit and "donator" of the broken synchro keys/retainers. Also had sheared one of the roll pins on main shift shaft.

Only thing that's really gone wrong so far is the T40 bit that rounded over trying to get one of the shift lever guide bolts out of the case.

Halfway done with one of them.

David Love AI27
11-28-2011, 01:56 AM
Cold and rainy weekend at TWS. The Miatas were out in force and put on a great show.

Watched Sam chase a 355 Ferrari... reminded me of the dog races, chasing a rabbit, not sure what he was gonna do if he caught the Ferrari, but it was fun to watch...

Met Jerry's brother... he ran HPDE1/2... thought it was Jerry... you guys better hope he doesn't get a car to race cuz there are only 3 spots on the poduim and two will be taken by Jordans.. (Sam might move to SSU and go chasin' Ferraris, so that will leave one spot open..)

Martin was out in the "other 3 car"... it was really good to see him setting down some nice laps...

Casey drug his wife to the track and made her drive Patterson around all weekend...

Some guy named Todd was there, without a car of course...

The #5 Spec 944 was there and looked really fast, guess Al let someone else drive it...

ShadowBolt
11-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Met Jerry's brother... he ran HPDE1/2... thought it was Jerry... you guys better hope he doesn't get a car to race cuz there are only 3 spots on the poduim and two will be taken by Jordans.. (Sam might move to SSU and go chasin' Ferraris, so that will leave one spot open..)

I doubt anyone is worried about the Jordans taking podium spots but Keith (my brother) did turn 2:05's in only his second session ever in a car on track. He does motorcycle events but had never ran a car on track before.
I hope he is hooked so we can get him off the cycle.
Sam is still fast as hell at TWS. He ran a 1:58? in qual!

Congratz to Wade for a third in the Australian pursuit.

JJ

kbrewmr2
11-28-2011, 09:46 AM
track was stupid fast Sunday - good air, killer tailwind, and once the sun got out enough to get a little heat in the pavement...

ShadowBolt
11-28-2011, 10:02 AM
track was stupid fast Sunday - good air, killer tailwind, and once the sun got out enough to get a little heat in the pavement...

Your right Ken the track was very fast on Sunday but it does tear up tires when there is no rubber on it like on Sunday.

JJ

Crumpacker
11-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Cold and rainy weekend at TWS.

Watched Sam chase a 355 Ferrari... reminded me of the dog races, chasing a rabbit, not sure what he was gonna do if he caught the Ferrari, but it was fun to watch...

It was really wet and slick Saturday... we were 30-35sec off 'dry' pace! Jerry, Wade and I had some fun playing in the rain. There was also a new AIX car/driver in the mix! Very cool guy and SWEET 450hp Terlingua stang!

I completely agree with D. Love's dog race analogy - I managed to stay within a second or 2 for most of the race - took a longer, muddier route from 11-12 at one point and lost some time. Finished 5 or 6 seconds back.

A few times I spun the tires the whole length of the back strait - it was terrifying and entertaining at the same time.

Instructed Papa Kellam on Saturday and came away VERY impressed! There was counter-steering just about every lap including a full lock slide between5 & 6 - we never spun or went off.

All the newbies did great during the comp school! We even tried a standing start on the front strait... let's never do that again. As expected, many of us were facing the grandstands the instant the green dropped.

Very fun weekend, wish more of you guys could have joined us.

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/samcrumpacker/sat3.jpg

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/samcrumpacker/sat1.jpg

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/samcrumpacker/sat2.jpg

kbrewmr2
11-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Sam, you were the only one that looked like they got real sideways. But I do agree a different standing start location would be better :)

Crumpacker
11-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Sam, you were the only one that looked like they got real sideways. But I do agree a different standing start location would be better :)

oh. I was told from the tower that the first 2-3 rows followed suit.

Mrs. Crumpacker
11-28-2011, 10:49 PM
oh. I was told from the tower that the first 2-3 rows followed suit.
Sam definately wasn't the only one sideways. He was the only one I was pretty focused on, but I know the other higher hp cars were sideway as well. The miatas didn't have an issue with the banking...

kbrewmr2
11-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Little bit of sideways from some of the others, couple degrees maybe. Might've been easier to see from the tower or something versus cold pits though :)

jdlingle
11-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Went out to MSR Houston this morning and watched AJ Allmendinger test a couple of Roush Fenway Cup cars. He is FAST! It was humbling to watch him hustle that car around. Here a few pics, my camera was screwed up. More pics on my Facebook page if you want to take a look.

ShadowBolt
11-30-2011, 08:35 AM
Cool!
I assume the car looked fast on track?

Did AJ leave Petty and go to Roush? He looks to be what.........about 5'6"?

JJ

jdlingle
11-30-2011, 12:19 PM
The car ran like a scalded ass ape around there. The Cup car was 20 seconds a lap faster than our CMC cars around there. The front wheel was picking up off the ground through one and two so I hate to think how low they got after they made some changes.

I think 5-6 is probably accurate. He is a super cool guy. Talked to me for probably 30 minutes while they working on the car. I left when they broke for lunch so I was only there about 2 hours. He's still with Petty but they are aligned with Roush so Jack had asked him to test some road course setups for them.

Fbody383
11-30-2011, 12:26 PM
The Cup car was 20 seconds a lap faster than our CMC cars around there. What's 15-20hp, optimized suspension geometry, and a little aero among friends? Just think how fast an S197 body would have been...

ShadowBolt
11-30-2011, 01:58 PM
The car ran like a scalded ass ape around there. The Cup car was 20 seconds a lap faster than our CMC cars around there. The front wheel was picking up off the ground through one and two so I hate to think how low they got after they made some changes.

I think 5-6 is probably accurate. He is a super cool guy. Talked to me for probably 30 minutes while they working on the car. I left when they broke for lunch so I was only there about 2 hours. He's still with Petty but they are aligned with Roush so Jack had asked him to test some road course setups for them.

One more question..........why MSRH? Why would they drive all the way down to Houston to test when there are tracks all over the country that are closer to them and closer to being the kind of tracks they run on? MSRH is not like Sears Point or The Glen? Must be a reason.

JJ

jdlingle
11-30-2011, 02:43 PM
He said they had narrowed it down to Moroso in Florida or MSRH. They quit using VIR as it was too hard on tires so their data skewed after one or two laps. I dont think he was terribly enamored with the track but he said the engineers liked it for that car. I was surprised myself to see them there. When I went out I assumed he was going to be testing a Daytona Prototype for Shank or something. Quite a few ALMS teams have tested out there in the past.

David Love AI27
11-30-2011, 07:22 PM
One more question..........why MSRH? Why would they drive all the way down to Houston to test when there are tracks all over the country that are closer to them and closer to being the kind of tracks they run on? MSRH is not like Sears Point or The Glen? Must be a reason.

JJ

NASCAR connot test on tracks they compete at... thats why they use TWS also

ShadowBolt
11-30-2011, 08:29 PM
NASCAR connot test on tracks they compete at... thats why they use TWS also

I understand that David but there are way more road courses they don't race on than 2 mile ovals. They come to TWS because they have no other options.

JJ

jdlingle
11-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Have they been back to TWS since Biffle ran there a few years ago? I was told (not by AJ) that Biffle went well over 200 out at TWS and Jack told them to load up and come back home since there werent safer barriers.

David Love AI27
12-01-2011, 04:12 AM
Have they been back to TWS since Biffle ran there a few years ago? I was told (not by AJ) that Biffle went well over 200 out at TWS and Jack told them to load up and come back home since there werent safer barriers.

Biffle asked what the track record was... commented that he thought he could beat it... Crew told him that they were there to test, no go after records...

Jerry, Champcar would test at MSRH when they were in town and they did alot of prep for "the pros" maybe the word got out it was good for testing. Plus the track is very visible... who knows, I'm just speculating..

HoustonNW
12-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Went back and found my truck/trailer/race car. Gave the homeless guy a case of Keystone and he gave me my keys back. So I'll be racing with y'all next year!

(Coach Sherman was fired today, I don't care who the replacement is, anybody but Sherman!)

ShadowBolt
12-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Went back and found my truck/trailer/race car. Gave the homeless guy a case of Keystone and he gave me my keys back. So I'll be racing with y'all next year!

(Coach Sherman was fired today, I don't care who the replacement is, anybody but Sherman!)

Jackie Sherrill

jdlingle
12-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Auburn, Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss St every year. Georgia, Tenn, Florida, and SC on rotation. Good luck with that. Think a coach is problem number11 on your list. You should just keep your car and give up on football.

michaelmosty
12-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Auburn, Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss St every year. Georgia, Tenn, Florida, and SC on rotation. Good luck with that. Think a coach is problem number11 on your list. You should just keep your car and give up on football.
Haha, very well said John. :^)

AllZWay
12-02-2011, 11:56 AM

So very true.. I think I would have gotten rid of that dumbA athletic director and president of the school first.

A&M is in for years of below medocrity..... they hate being in the shadow of Texas now....just wait until they are in the shadow of many other teams.

Fbody383
12-02-2011, 01:23 PM
I just re-read the rules... I think all those Aggie bashes are allowable reasons for contact... even if they ARE true.

(make sure no sensitive new types read this and misunderstand the good natured intent of such comment)

michaelmosty
12-02-2011, 03:35 PM
A&M had the intention of hitting the ground running w/ SEC Football....instead they just hit the ground.

marshall_mosty
12-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Sitting in the Dr. Office with a damn ear infection that I got over a week ago. Six days of antibiotics and it's still plugged up (at least it's not painful)...

Hopefully they can figure out why... Grrr I'm supposed to fly next Tuesday and don't really feel like trying to equalize with a plugged up ear.

jdlingle
12-02-2011, 07:37 PM
The year Sherman was hired my father in law (Corps member from when it was an all male school) says "I like Sherman, he was here in the 80s with us. He's a real Aggie"

Me- "Oh, so he's never really won anything then?"

I almost got punted out of a moving vehicle:)

jdlingle
12-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Sitting in the Dr. Office with a damn ear infection that I got over a week ago. Six days of antibiotics and it's still plugged up (at least it's not painful)...

Hopefully they can figure out why... Grrr I'm supposed to fly next Tuesday and don't really feel like trying to equalize with a plugged up ear.

Sucks about the ear. Jeremy got pretty good at fishing out head bolts during my head swap. Should I send him up that way?

David Love AI27
12-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Sat in traffic gridlock for miles on Woodlands Parkway only to find out it was some guy in a black porsche race car with orange number 128 and class ID GT2, being loaded on to a rollback... Was this "Drive your race car to work day"?

marshall_mosty
12-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Lost the majority of my stable...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/rest-of-world/Worlds-costliest-crash-in-Japan-Fleet-of-Ferraris-ruined/articleshow/10992541.cms

mitchntx
12-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Lost the majority of my stable...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/rest-of-world/Worlds-costliest-crash-in-Japan-Fleet-of-Ferraris-ruined/articleshow/10992541.cms

Really?

Funny, your Prius looks unharmed. Must be the camera angle.

Crumpacker
12-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Sat in traffic gridlock for miles on Woodlands Parkway only to find out it was some guy in a black porsche race car with orange number 128 and class ID GT2, being loaded on to a rollback... Was this "Drive your race car to work day"?

If it was dark blue with orange & white stripes in the center - I instructed him on Saturday (PCA). Spec 996 - GTS3 car. Older guy, very nice.

I know his car was number 128 and the profile looks black from a distance.

http://cafephoto.smugmug.com/LoneStarPorscheClubTWS12-2011/Blue-Group/Sat-PM1/20427736_N6p9Hs#1616711696_8SF8PCg

edrock96GT
12-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Was this "Drive your race car to work day"?

Wouldn't be the first time (for some of us). :D

HoustonNW
12-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Racing close call, a lot of trust, or something, going on here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFLjk88HBwg&feature=youtu.be

Edit to add, from the passing Lotus' point of view:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqyFbUj3cYM

David Love AI27
12-06-2011, 08:36 AM
If it was dark blue with orange & white stripes in the center - I instructed him on Saturday (PCA). Spec 996 - GTS3 car. Older guy, very nice.

I know his car was number 128 and the profile looks black from a distance.

http://cafephoto.smugmug.com/LoneStarPorscheClubTWS12-2011/Blue-Group/Sat-PM1/20427736_N6p9Hs#1616711696_8SF8PCg

Yep... thats the guy... think his car was still street legal?

Rob Liebbe
12-06-2011, 08:39 AM
When did Corey start driving a Lotus?

ShadowBolt
12-06-2011, 09:11 AM
When did Corey start driving a Lotus?

I did not think it was all that close from the passing cars POV. I was closer than that to Brian at ECR.

JJ

Fbody383
12-06-2011, 01:49 PM
I did not think it was all that close from the passing cars POV. I was closer than that to Brian at ECR.

JJ And I was much closer to Boudy at Hallett.

And why does the guy with the number "1" not have a running car? GIVE IT TO A ROOKIE!

Rob Liebbe
12-06-2011, 02:41 PM
And I was much closer to Boudy at Hallett.

And why does the guy with the number "1" not have a running car? GIVE IT TO A ROOKIE!

That reminds me to bring $20 for next year's AICMC fees to keep the number for the new car.

Crumpacker
12-06-2011, 04:45 PM
And I was much closer to Boudy at Hallett.

I think we all were.

That that in whatever context you wish..

BryanL
12-07-2011, 09:37 AM
I think we all were.

That that in whatever context you wish..

Are you suggesting he was in the tent with you??

marshall_mosty
12-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Are you suggesting he was in the tent with you??
Sam,
Should you request DNA testing if Boudy was in the tent with you guys... just sayin'
:)

Crumpacker
12-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Sam,
Should you request DNA testing if Boudy was in the tent with you guys... just sayin'

I'll wait till she's racing... If she goes off once a race, she's mine. Once a lap, she's his.

Casey_SS
12-08-2011, 12:00 AM
I'll wait till she's racing... If she goes off once a race, she's mine. Once a lap, she's his.
I laughed so hard I needed TWO sheets of Bounty to clean the beer off my monitor on that one...thanks man :)

AllZWay
12-08-2011, 08:47 AM
Sam...that is so wrong....yet so funny. :D

Fbody383
12-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Yesterday actually... got a box of T56 parts... good news is most of them look familiar.

Today I bought a 396 LT1 off FRRAX to just run AIX and any damn tire I want to...

Seriously?

BryanL
12-08-2011, 03:41 PM

That's greatness. Reminds me of my wifes sonogram with the oldest kid in there asking the nurse how many fingers the baby has.

marshall_mosty
12-12-2011, 07:09 AM
Just got done with my meeting in Shanghai, China to realize that I get to come back mid-Feb of next year for another one... yea!

David Love AI27
12-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Just got done with my meeting in Shanghai, China to realize that I get to come back mid-Feb of next year for another one... yea!

Don't teach them too much or you will be outsourced...

Crumpacker
12-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Found a video of some future CMC drivers playing in the street.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wwyz7k9qlec

cjlmlml
12-12-2011, 01:52 PM

Liebbe?

Rob Liebbe
12-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Liebbe?

Not me, but maybe it was my kids. Gotta start them young.

HoustonNW
12-13-2011, 06:33 PM

I love that first jump. It looked exactly like the TV show, almost had to look twice to realize it wasn't a full sized car!

Rob Liebbe
12-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Not me, but maybe it was my kids. Gotta start them young.

Actually I recently, and accidentally, jumped a 2011 Mustang GT on a back road near Lukenbach. The sign said DIP but it didn't say DIP - FOLLOWED BY SHORT HILL - FOLLOWED BY A QUICK HUMP/DROPOFF. I probably went about 30 ft in distance. No noticeable damage to the car and it made it back to the rental lot.

ShadowBolt
12-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Had lunch with Jackie Moore today. He is a great guy and even though I don't care for Baseball he is a blast to be around and has a million stories about his 50 years in the game. He said losing the WS was as hard on him after 50 years as it was as a younger man. He won a series back in the day with The Reds. Here is a pic of his 2010 AL championship ring.

JJ

David Love AI27
12-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Actually I recently, and accidentally, jumped a 2011 Mustang GT on a back road near Lukenbach. The sign said DIP but it didn't say DIP - FOLLOWED BY SHORT HILL - FOLLOWED BY A QUICK HUMP/DROPOFF. I probably went about 30 ft in distance. No noticeable damage to the car and it made it back to the rental lot.

If it was your first ever flight in a Mustang, I would be impressed. HOWEVER, since it wasn't...

David Love AI27
12-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Had lunch with Jackie Moore today. He is a great guy and even though I don't care for Baseball he is a blast to be around and has a million stories about his 50 years in the game. He said losing the WS was as hard on him after 50 years as it was as a younger man. He won a series back in the day with The Reds. Here is a pic of his 2010 AL championship ring.

JJ

What ever happened to the AI/CMC ring award idea??

Adam Ginsberg
12-14-2011, 10:20 PM

Practice makes perfect. (http://www.shrackracing.com/boliebbe.wmv)

Fbody383
12-15-2011, 10:32 AM
My guess is that a T56 3rd gear blocking ring needs all the friction material still attached and probably works better as a complete circle rather than an arc whose ends conveniently meet.

Good news is everything pressed off the mainshaft easily so now it's just a matter of getting it all back together... with all the cool cheater parts.

marshall_mosty
12-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Worked on the car some more. Redoing the stainless brake lines for next season, installing "FR" ABS (for the love of everything holy), and rerouting the accusump lines above the engine instead of next to the header...

A few more "days" of work and I should be done.

Casey_SS
12-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Finished tweaking and welding version 2.0 of my exhaust last night...I thought 1.0 would have been fine but I was wrong. While I was under there I noticed the stupid torque arm bolts loosened up....again. <sigh><sigh>

Also found after just one rainy weekend at TWS, my brand new $260 hubs have as much play as the ones they replaced. I wonder if the genius that designed these collectible paperweights is the same guy who came up with the Optispark and stuck it right under the water pump? I mean what are the odds of TWO engineers having the same twisted sense of humor?</sigh>

Fbody383
12-16-2011, 10:22 AM
I mean what are the odds of TWO engineers having the same twisted sense of humor?</SIGH> Before Government Motors... well, you are supposed to take the engine out the bottom, and all the engine fasteners are standard, and there's that stupid torque arm bolt you can't reach...

Nah, probably all coincidence.

ShadowBolt
12-19-2011, 08:28 PM
The Jordan clan is skiing in Telluride, Co. After skiing today we all went into The Boot Doctors and Kelly Ripa, Husband Mark and clan was in the store. Not sure it was a brush with greatness but...

JJ

HoustonNW
12-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Found this video on C-Cer's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FkszTNID2rs

To make things more interesting in 2012, why don't we had 10-15 HPDE1's into our race group? Are those closing speeds ridiculous or what?

Edit to add: Or maybe not, at 5:13 you'll see why on C-C they were talking about the idiot in the Mini. I'm not sure an HPDE1 driver would be that stupid...

David Love AI27
12-21-2011, 02:01 AM
Found this video on C-Cer's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FkszTNID2rs

To make things more interesting in 2012, why don't we had 10-15 HPDE1's into our race group? Are those closing speeds ridiculous or what?

Edit to add: Or maybe not, at 5:13 you'll see why on C-C they were talking about the idiot in the Mini. I'm not sure an HPDE1 driver would be that stupid...

LOL.. driver shakes head for slight bobble at 6:20... check out the cornerworkers... lots of blue flags... did anyone notice the blue flags around the point of contact were a very light blue...

Fbody383
12-21-2011, 01:10 PM
So the midcase is back on the Broke Trans #1. But... since the 5/6 slider is chewed up on both sides, and the synchro springs and keys were broke, so I'm buying more parts.

Shameless plug for Glen at Rosehill Performance for parts, advice, and soon to be reduilding Broke Trans #2.

cobra132
12-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Push rods?

Casey_SS
12-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Nice lookin' motor Frank! Should make it a lot easier to make the numbers you want, easier to work on, easier to troubleshoot, etc. Just stay away from the aluminum rocker arms Neary was fighting with last year...

David Love AI27
12-21-2011, 04:47 PM
So the midcase is back on the Broke Trans #1. But... since the 5/6 slider is chewed up on both sides, and the synchro springs and keys were broke, so I'm buying more parts.

Shameless plug for Glen at Rosehill Performance for parts, advice, and soon to be reduilding Broke Trans #2.

JK and I were just talking about him a couple of hours ago... His shop in just around the corner...

David Love AI27
12-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Nice motor Frank... Can't wait to get my 400 horses on the stand... Could be a fun year in AI.. or TT

marshall_mosty
12-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Frank,
Details? 302 or 351 based? Stroker? Compression? Looks like a carb setup... were you done with building wiring harnesses?
Very sweet!!

cobra132
12-21-2011, 09:45 PM
A bored and stroked 302 to 347. Should provide the much needed torque. Simply unsnaped the custom harness from "The Dash" and ready to go. The thrust bearing on the new mod motor failed at 2.5 hours. That was all the noise and what clogged the oil channels resulting in the very high oil pressure. That motor is being repaired on their dime and will probably end up in a hot rod of some sort. 650 holley and one wire, tremec tko, so much lighter and a lower center of gravity. Will wait on the dyno to decide what brake set-up. Might not be ready for R1 unless I blow off the paint job. We shall see. The only thing that is constant is change. FMR

MikeP99Z
12-21-2011, 10:13 PM
I have a motor in my car. Transmission install on Friday. Will fire it up on Friday night or Saturday.

David Love AI27
12-22-2011, 08:57 AM
I have a motor in my car. Transmission install on Friday. Will fire it up on Friday night or Saturday.

Awesome!!

MPHoldway
12-22-2011, 09:31 AM

Merry Motor-mas!!!

jdlingle
12-22-2011, 10:09 AM
A bored and stroked 302 to 347. Should provide the much needed torque. Simply unsnaped the custom harness from "The Dash" and ready to go. The thrust bearing on the new mod motor failed at 2.5 hours. That was all the noise and what clogged the oil channels resulting in the very high oil pressure. That motor is being repaired on their dime and will probably end up in a hot rod of some sort. 650 holley and one wire, tremec tko, so much lighter and a lower center of gravity. Will wait on the dyno to decide what brake set-up. Might not be ready for R1 unless I blow off the paint job. We shall see. The only thing that is constant is change. FMR

You repainting the car Doc?

cobra132
12-22-2011, 10:51 AM
I was going to but time is getting in the way. FMR

Adam Ginsberg
12-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Nice lookin' motor Frank! Should make it a lot easier to make the numbers you want, easier to work on, easier to troubleshoot, etc. Just stay away from the aluminum rocker arms Neary was fighting with last year...

I wouldn't use an AL roller rocker arm in a road-race motor. Steel units from Comp Cams are the way to go. (http://www.compcams.com/v002/Products/CC-%27Steel%20Stud%20Mount%20Rockers%27-0.aspx)

Will wait on the dyno to decide what brake set-up. Might not be ready for R1 unless I blow off the paint job. We shall see. The only thing that is constant is change. FMR

Look at a set of StopTech's.

Fbody383
12-22-2011, 02:27 PM
I have a motor in my car.Boughtdarntime... be glad to have you back lapping me.

Alien
12-22-2011, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't use an AL roller rocker arm in a road-race motor. [/url]

What's the reasoning behind that? Is that more directed towards AI engines or for all RR, even lowly 305 4800rpm TPI engines? Just curious.

AllZWay
12-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Nice new bullet Frank...

Glad to see Mike is getting his car back together.

Adam Ginsberg
12-22-2011, 09:38 PM
What's the reasoning behind that? Is that more directed towards AI engines or for all RR, even lowly 305 4800rpm TPI engines? Just curious.

For ANY road-race motor, with an owner on a budget that can't replace engine hardware yearly.

IMO, AL rockers are not well suited for our usage. I've seen too many AL RR arms fail, and in the cases where I've been able to examine the actual arm, it looked like fatigue.

marshall_mosty
12-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Mike,
Glad you see yours is going well.

Frank,
Glad you decided not to run R4... ended up being a smart move.

I spent yesterday finishing up the brake lines and getting ballast backing plates installed in the rear passenger seat area so I can hang 90lbs of ballast under each side of the car (if needed). Gotta love 300# ballast rules. :)

Filled the car up with oil, installing new spindles, new front ball joints... Will make more progress Tuesday when I can have another full day down at the shop. Time is ticking and I really want to get to MSR-C next week to test the ABS.

GlennCMC70
12-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Time is ticking and I really want to get to MSR-C next week to test the ABS.

If you go, let me know. My father-in-law and me would like to come hang out at the track for a while.

Fbody383
12-28-2011, 03:03 PM
http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac66/Fbody383/blownclutch.jpg

Hmmm... no wonder it no "go" no more...

marshall_mosty
12-28-2011, 06:31 PM
If you go, let me know. My father-in-law and me would like to come hang out at the track for a while.
Glenn,
I had to overnight air some lower ball joints and so I'm a day behind. Not gonna make this week... I will have to put something together in early January during the week or something...

rleng1
12-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Just had a chicken fried ribeye at Sweetie Pies. On my way to Colorado.

Fbody383
12-31-2011, 08:36 PM
Got to meet the local sheriff's deputy after some low life dirt bag punched the driver's side door lock and tore up the key cylinder in the wife's Suburban while we were in the movies.

I hate punk thieves.

ShadowBolt
01-01-2012, 08:48 AM
First post of the new year.

JJ

jdlingle
01-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Went to the Texans maiden playoff victory and my ears are still ringing! Reliant was LOUD!!!

Also put on my new numbers:

Fbody383
01-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Air Hammer >> Bronze Pilot Bushing

rleng1
01-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Went to the Texans maiden playoff victory and my ears are still ringing! Reliant was LOUD!!!

Also put on my new numbers:

Dude, is your car in your living room????? SWEEETTT!!!!

jdlingle
01-09-2012, 09:59 PM

Not if I want to stay married!;)

Ive got too much racing memorabilia so I have reclaimed the garage walls.

Fbody383
01-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Air Hammer >> Bronze Pilot Bushing

Transmission Jack FTW!

Might have a running car for dyno day after all.

BryanL
01-10-2012, 01:16 PM

Still has that Baja ride height, too!

jdlingle
01-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Jackstands baby! Suspension is at full droop in the pic. I can assure you it looks much more like a race car now. Had to reweld my exhaust after the rear spring change.

HoustonNW
01-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Bryan, is your guy still interested in making restrictor plates? I would like to get a set of 4 or 5 before the dyno day.

BryanL
01-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Bryan, is your guy still interested in making restrictor plates? I would like to get a set of 4 or 5 before the dyno day.

Yes, but I had some made for you and English last year I think but guess they weren't needed. I'll look in the garage to see what I have. Do you have a 46mm in their now or know what ones you need?

HoustonNW
01-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Yes, but I had some made for you and English last year I think but guess they weren't needed. I'll look in the garage to see what I have. Do you have a 46mm in their now or know what ones you need?

Ah, I didn't dyno with the group because I couldn't make it on the Saturday. I have a 48mm in now, so I would like a a 46, 47, 49, and 50mm plate if you find them.

I dynoed at the same place as the group but just took what I got, which was only 252rwhp. Since I can't seem to get the car below about 3310lbs with my cool-shirt cooler I would like to get over 260 this year.

jdlingle
01-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Went to the doctor this AM to see why my eye has been bugging the shit out of me for the last three days. I think the piece of metal he pulled out explains it.;)

Morale to the story- Grinding shields are f'ing worthless when you are grinding. Gonna have to pick up a pair of goggles for the next go round. Only thing I can think of is that it was metal dust that got in there.

The upside is my two year thinks I am a pirate now with the eyepatch so I guess he will stay entertained at my expense today. Dr. says all the cornea scratching will heal so got my fingers crossed that hes right.

BryanL
01-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Ah, I didn't dyno with the group because I couldn't make it on the Saturday. I have a 48mm in now, so I would like a a 46, 47, 49, and 50mm plate if you find them.

I dynoed at the same place as the group but just took what I got, which was only 252rwhp. Since I can't seem to get the car below about 3310lbs with my cool-shirt cooler I would like to get over 260 this year.

Hmm-that seems lower than most numbers with that size plate. I know AJ used the plates when they were dynoing it for Chuck and trying different exhausts. Does it still have the T2 restrictor in it between the throttle body and intake? Or maybe that dyno is just registering low which might make some sense.
Anyway, hopefully the plates are in the garage and not in the trailer but I will look for them. I'm also shocked you can't get the car below 3310 after a race, my last race I used 45 lbs of ballast. Though I only weigh 165 but still have room to pull more weight out of the car.

Crumpacker
01-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Went to the doctor this AM to see why my eye has been bugging the shit out of me for the last three days. I think the piece of metal he pulled out explains it.;)

The upside is my two year thinks I am a pirate now with the eyepatch so I guess he will stay entertained at my expense today. Dr. says all the cornea scratching will heal so got my fingers crossed that hes right.

http://www.firstshowing.net/img2/dilios-300-eyepatch-final-img.jpg

"Hardly, my lord, it's just an eye. The gods saw fit to grace me with a spare."

rleng1
01-11-2012, 05:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnUFF0SVmq4

GlennCMC70
01-11-2012, 07:31 PM

Morale to the story- Grinding shields are f'ing worthless when you are grinding. Gonna have to pick up a pair of goggles for the next go round. Only thing I can think of is that it was metal dust that got in there.

Went to the doctor one day cause I had this spot in my left eye's field of vision. He takes a look and grabs a small pick like tool and goes to my eye w/ it. Turns out I had a small ball of steel in there. He said it was about 50% burned into the eye ball. I guess one should not use the "close your eyes" method of eye protection when tack welding. In this instance, my timing was a little off.

AllZWay
01-12-2012, 09:02 AM
The upside is my two year thinks I am a pirate now with the eyepatch so I guess he will stay entertained at my expense today.

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel sticking out of his fly. The bartender says "What's the steering wheel for?" The pirate says "Arrrr....it's driving me nuts!"

I can relate..... a few years ago I was working on the car and ended up jabbing myself in the eye with a pair of needle nose plyers. Blood coming out of the eye and all.... it took a few weeks, but it all healed up well.

BryanL
01-12-2012, 10:14 AM
A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel sticking out of his fly. The bartender says "What's the steering wheel for?" The pirate says "Arrrr....it's driving me nuts!"

I can relate..... a few years ago I was working on the car and ended up jabbing myself in the eye with a pair of needle nose plyers. Blood coming out of the eye and all.... it took a few weeks, but it all healed up well.

I remember that before TWS and Morgan showed up wearing an eye patch. I had a patch as well after the doc put a piece of titanium to hold up my eye after a boat crash.

Adam Ginsberg
01-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Happenstance gig - had dinner last night with Michael Rispoli (The Sopranos) (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0728346/), and Thom Berry (Cold Case). (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0058175/)

Damn good Italian food at Robanos Italian Kitchen. The middle guy is Ronnie, the owner.

https://p.twimg.com/Ai94MXdCMAAo1xv.jpg

jdlingle
01-12-2012, 01:04 PM
I remember that before TWS and Morgan showed up wearing an eye patch. I had a patch as well after the doc put a piece of titanium to hold up my eye after a boat crash.

Sounds like a hell of a crash! What did they attach the titanium to?

mitchntx
01-12-2012, 01:30 PM

Adam Ginsberg
01-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Control rods in water, Mitch?? I've always been fascinated by how atomic energy, in relation to it running a power plant, works. It's so very basic, yet so very powerful. Ever read a book called "We almost lost Detroit?".

HoustonNW
01-12-2012, 06:12 PM
I had a part time job at Texas A&M at the 1 MWatt research reactor. Since it didn't produce power it was an open 30' deep pool of ultra-pure water (any impurities would be activated by the neutrons in the reactor and become radioactive). When the reactor was on it produced a really cool blue glow, but 30' of water is a very efficient shield and there was negligible radiation exposure standing next to the pool.

For those that are curious, the cause of the blue light is Cerenkov radiation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherenkov_radiation) where the neutrons are essentially going through water faster than the speed of light through water.

HoustonNW
01-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Here is the MSRH sign up as of 1/09:

Thunder Race Group

25 CMC John Lingle Hockley TX Ford Mustang 1996 Stryve www.istryve.com
28 CMC James Proctor Paris TX Chevrolet Camaro - Z28 1993 Tire City - Paris\ Texas
29 American Iron Casey Holdway Cedar Park TX Chevrolet Camaro SS 1997 ToolBreaker Racing
32 CMC Gary Robertson Richmond TX Chevrolet Camaro Z28 1986 Witchdoctor Motorsports
34 CMC Wade Zimmer Bryan TX Ford Mustang 1986 TAMSCC
39 CMC David Francis Pearland TX Chevrolet Camaro 1994 Orange Is Fast!
67 American Iron Marshall Mosty Denton TX Ford Mustang 1989 John Mosty Company
82 CMC Daniel Allford Houston TX Chevrolet Camero 1993 ARC Specialties
85 CMC Wayne Stehle Houston TX Chevrolet Camaro 1998
95 CMC Morgan Dawdy Austin TX Pontiac Firebird 1995

Some of you slackers (Randy) who haven't signed up yet (Randy) but are planning to attend (Randy), need to so we can hopefully get our own run group. :p

rleng1
01-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Alright, I'm in. Where is the rest of the trophy girls and slackers?
Where are the ROOKIES????????

mitchntx
01-12-2012, 09:05 PM

Tilton
01-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Alright, I'm in. Where is the rest of the trophy girls and slackers?
Where are the ROOKIES????????

Ok, finally signed up.

Rob Liebbe
01-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Control rods in water, Mitch?? I've always been fascinated by how atomic energy, in relation to it running a power plant, works. It's so very basic, yet so very powerful. Ever read a book called "We almost lost Detroit?".

Have you ever been to Detroit - it has been lost.

Fbody383
01-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Man, Mitch must have been on a roll...

ShadowBolt
01-13-2012, 06:41 PM

I hope you did not get in trouble for the ...

JJ

Fbody383
01-17-2012, 09:40 AM
I hope you did not get in trouble for the ...

JJ........

Reason for edit: Why the heck not!?!

mitchntx
01-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Happenstance gig - had dinner last night with Michael Rispoli (The Sopranos) (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0728346/), and Thom Berry (Cold Case). (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0058175/)

Damn good Italian food at Robanos Italian Kitchen. The middle guy is Ronnie, the owner.

https://p.twimg.com/Ai94MXdCMAAo1xv.jpg

So are you standing on a chair in that pic?

cobra132
01-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Will not make R1 but the good news is that the new motor and tranny are in and mounted-up, and today I traded my 03 cobra for a 12 cobra. FMR

mitchntx
01-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Became a grand-pa ....

Elizabeth
7lb 4oz
21"

CMC 9E

Alien
01-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Congrats Mitch! Just don't bore her in her teen years with stories of "Back in my day, we raced cars with only 230hp!"

My new credit card came in today. Seemed fitting considering what's charged on it.
http://www.fototime.com/5E202E61D00DA60/orig.jpg

AllZWay
01-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Congrats pawpaw on the new baby. :D

Nice credit card Gary.. I can't quite make out the numbers though. ;)

NickV
01-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Nice credit card Gary.. I can't quite make out the numbers though. ;)

We wouldn't be able to read them anyway, they're all in Scottish...

Congrats Mitch!!!!

And awesome Dr. Frank on the new ride!!!

David Love AI27
01-17-2012, 10:14 PM
New car...

New Grandkid...

New Credit...

Great start to the new year...

marshall_mosty
01-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Congrats to everyone!!! MSR-H should be fun!

Fbody383
01-24-2012, 04:51 PM
Signed up at fomula1.com to get notices on tickets as well as being on the COTA list.

November will be here before you know it... is there a group plan?

Crumpacker
01-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Signed up at fomula1.com to get notices on tickets as well as being on the COTA list.

November will be here before you know it... is there a group plan?

I'm waiting for the cheaper seats. The $100 deposit sounded fair until I realized that's for the $1000+ seats.

http://jalopnik.com/5878465/how-to-get-tickets-for-austins-f1-us-grand-prix

I'm down for a group adventure!

I don't know if Jerry remembers, but he offered his shop as a place for Darcie and I to crash (as in sleep). Definitely taking him up on that... I plan on making F1 noises while sitting in the 55 car too.

ShadowBolt
01-24-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm waiting for the cheaper seats. The $100 deposit sounded fair until I realized that's for the $1000+ seats.

http://jalopnik.com/5878465/how-to-get-tickets-for-austins-f1-us-grand-prix

I'm down for a group adventure!

I don't know if Jerry remembers, but he offered his shop as a place for Darcie and I to crash (as in sleep). Definitely taking him up on that... I plan on making F1 noises while sitting in the 55 car too.

No the $100.00 is a deposit on a $1000.00 preferred seat license.

You can stay at my shop. I hope to be at the track in my RV.

My car lives at my house so I don't know how you can get in the 55

AllZWay
01-25-2012, 09:15 AM
I thought we were all bringing campers and setting up an Occupy 55 camp at Jerry's shop. :D

I sure would like to go....but depends on pricing of tickets on if I go or not.

kbrewmr2
01-25-2012, 09:37 AM
I'm praying to little 6lb 8oz baby jesus that the "sit on a grassy hill wherever you can find room tickets" are in the ~$100ish range. Gets higher than that and I'm out (have to buy at least 2, Laura will kill me if I go alone... )

Fbody383
01-25-2012, 10:30 AM
You can stay at my shop. I hope to be at the track in my RV. First dibs under the RV.

Crumpacker
01-25-2012, 11:00 AM
My car lives at my house so I don't know how you can get in the 55

Challenge Accepted.

y5e06
01-25-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm attending COTA F1, expecting to get seats in the turn 15/16 area likely regardless of price. Will be interesting to see what all the supporting series they'll have. It will be nice to have it 'in town', but if you've bee down to elroy you'll realize traffic will be a total mess.

ShadowBolt
01-25-2012, 04:29 PM
I thought we were all bringing campers and setting up an Occupy 55 camp at Jerry's shop. :D

I sure would like to go....but depends on pricing of tickets on if I go or not.

James, you are welcome to set-up an RV at my shop. No problem. If the price is too high to bring the RV inside I hope to park outside the track and camp the whole weekend like they do at TMS. My wife does not understand why since it's only about thirty miles from the house. Traffic will be a bitch. I don't really want a seat I just want to move around from turn to turn. Maybe I can get the Ruckus inside even if I can't afford to get the RV in.

JJ

HoustonNW
01-25-2012, 11:08 PM
I started to mess around with my new GoPro camera and realized that the "Motorsports Kit" doesn't come with the tripod mount. Of course the roll bar mount that I bought requires the tripod mount.

Do any of the GoPro users have an extra tripod mount that I could use for the weekend?

(Procrastination is my middle name...)

Casey_SS
01-26-2012, 12:40 AM
I have a tripod mount but it's not the GoPro one. May or may not help you. I also have the GoPro suction cup mount and a bunch of adapters and doodads that came with it. Probably the same stuff that came with yours. In any case, you're welcome to rummage through it all and cobble together a FrankenMount if all else fails.

marshall_mosty
01-26-2012, 11:34 AM
I will also bring all the stuff from my Drift camera, just incase.

cjlmlml
01-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Anyone going to Daytona?

Just talked to richard painter, they are headed down there.........

marshall_mosty
01-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Anyone going to Daytona?

Just talked to richard painter, they are headed down there.........
My DVR is the only one who is going to "never blink" and catch all the action... for me to watch over the next 8 weeks probably.

edrock96GT
02-06-2012, 10:21 PM
I did this today (coil pack relocation).

Casey_SS
02-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Looks cool....where were they before?

edrock96GT
02-07-2012, 05:00 AM
Looks cool....where were they before?

They were here:

jdlingle
02-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Thats cool! Really frees up some space, whic is always needed on the 4.6's! I love how uncluttered it is. What kind of intake is that youre running?

edrock96GT
02-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Thats cool! Really frees up some space, whic is always needed on the 4.6's! I love how uncluttered it is. What kind of intake is that youre running?

It's from Reichard Racing. http://www.reichardracing.com/46liter_intake.php# . The short runners lose some torque but it makes a nice, flat power band. The HP potential is through the roof if you can make the RPM.

Maybe Marshall can post my dyno graph. ;)

marshall_mosty
02-07-2012, 02:38 PM
It's from Reichard Racing. http://www.reichardracing.com/46liter_intake.php# . The short runners lose some torque but it makes a nice, flat power band. The HP potential is through the roof if you can make the RPM.

I'll get it posted tonight.

jdlingle
02-07-2012, 03:31 PM

Thats awesome. I had never seen one of that type before. Good looking stuff.

marshall_mosty
02-08-2012, 09:42 PM

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/424761_2310275695728_1814430887_1449932_883766570_ n.jpg

Fbody383
02-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Maybe Marshall can post my dyno graph. ;) All those lines are too smooth.

Crumpacker
02-09-2012, 02:35 PM
All those lines are too smooth.

Must have forgot to swap in the #8 'dyno spark plug'... you know, the one you smash into the pavement, electrode first, a couple times before installing.

Rob Liebbe
02-09-2012, 03:42 PM
What did I do today?

I took time off work to drive across Houston to buy a set of GT40 heads off Craig's List. First there was no "3-bar" casting on them, then the numb nut said - UH - there off an Explorer - So Corey Reuth got a call to help me ID Explorer GT40P heads and these were not them either. They were a crappy set of E7TE stock GT heads. Thanks for wasting my time numb nuts.

I may not have a race car, but I can still be pissed off because of one.

Oh yeah, if anyone wants a complete clapped out piece of s#$t 90 Mustang GT, his buddy has one for sale. It's only $3500 firm. :mad:

ShadowBolt
02-09-2012, 04:53 PM
What did I do today?

I took time off work to drive across Houston to buy a set of GT40 heads off Craig's List. First there was no "3-bar" casting on them, then the numb nut said - UH - there off an Explorer - So Corey Reuth got a call to help me ID Explorer GT40P heads and these were not them either. They were a crappy set of E7TE stock GT heads. Thanks for wasting my time numb nuts.

I may not have a race car, but I can still be pissed off because of one.

Oh yeah, if anyone wants a complete clapped out piece of s#$t 90 Mustang GT, his buddy has one for sale. It's only $3500 firm. :mad:
Yeah,

I know what you mean. I just bought a used engine from some guy near Houston. He did not know anything either..........oh wait, that was David Love. Just kidding David.

Here is the deal.
http://www.camaromustangchallenge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3987

You could be racing at MSRC in a few weeks. Are there any CMC cars in the whole country running the 4.6 DOHC? Jay had a Mach One and it was a great car with lots of power. It was his every day driver but it was a lot of fun doing HPDE's in it.

Jerry

Rob Liebbe
02-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Yeah,

I know what you mean. I just bought a used engine from some guy near Houston. He did not know anything either..........oh wait, that was David Love. Just kidding David.

Here is the deal.
http://www.camaromustangchallenge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3987

You could be racing at MSRC in a few weeks. Are there any CMC cars in the whole country running the 4.6 DOHC? Jay had a Mach One and it was a great car with lots of power. It was his every day driver but it was a lot of fun doing HPDE's in it.

Jerry

17 freakin grand - I'll have to pass.

ShadowBolt
02-09-2012, 06:04 PM
17 freakin grand - I'll have to pass.

Me too

HoustonNW
02-09-2012, 09:42 PM
To wipe or not to wipe.

Wait, that didn't sound right. I'm still fighting with weight in the Camaro. With an almost empty tank I am still about 60lbs over my minimum weight.

I have windshield wipers and PST put a blower under the dash which worked great last year at MSR-H in the cold rain.

Who is still running windshield wipers, who is not, and why or why not?

Alien
02-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Not me. Especially if you're fighting a weight problem with your car. Still have the stock mirrors? Get rid of all those brackets in the rear. In my opinion, less overall weight is more imporant that a slightly better weight distribution.

HoustonNW
02-09-2012, 10:17 PM
I did listen at dyno day Gary. The inside door handles were out of the car at MSR-H and I have roll bar mount mirrors on the way.

Not sure if anyone has noticed the Falcon and Deere's ponderings about the imponderable….. (http://nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=22061) thread on NASAforums. I guess it started as a conversation between two SE region racers but has morphed into a joke thread.

Here is one of the latest that I found funny:

Women always say that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts.

Here is proof that they are wrong.

A year or so after giving birth a woman will often say "It would be nice to have another baby”.

You never hear a guy say " I would like another kick in the nuts".

And if you didn't like that one there are about 1400 other posts, most of them jokes.

edrock96GT
02-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Toss your wipers. Just use some rain-x and go fast. I don't know about a camaro but the mustang wiper motor is pretty heavy.

GlennCMC70
02-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Your minimum is 3250. Are you 60lbs over w/ no fuel and no driver? Or is that w/ you in it? I have to assume w/ you in it.
Even if it is w/ you in it, something is very wrong somewhere. I have a 50lb less minimum in a car w/ a 75lb heavier motor (cast iron block vs aluminum, cast aluminum intake vs plastic intake). I would be under weight (under 3200) w/ less than 1/4 a tank of fuel and w/ me in it (I'm 250+). I generaly cross the scales at 3240'ish post race if I start the race w/ a full tank. My car is about 2900 no fuel and no driver (best method to compair car weights).
Based on all that above, you have a crap tom of stuff that can come out. Your car has a 75lb head start on my car due to the motor alone.
Any chance your cage is made of something thicker than .120" wall tube?

BryanL
02-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Wayne-ditch the wipers especially if you have a blower in the car and just use some rainX-on my list that was 12 lbs. Hood latch was 5. Door bar on the pass side is another 10. Those are easy and get you halfway there but you need a little cushion. I'm sure there are other things we could find going over the car at Cresson. Then we can corner AJ to find where he strategically added all the extra weight. But it shouldn't take much to get you close to the minimum.
Glenn-I don't see how you have your car that light either.

rleng1
02-10-2012, 10:07 AM
My car is 3280# with me in it,and full of fuel. Subtract me (210#), fuel (100#), and that gives you 2970# at the Glenn standard.

GlennCMC70
02-10-2012, 10:51 AM
using .095" wall tube will save about 25-30lbs on an average cage.
I have .095" in my new car. My new car is about 30lbs lighter than the old one, but the new one has more cage, fans, and subframe connectors.

marshall_mosty
02-11-2012, 03:14 PM
I still have the wipers. Put them back in AFTER houston last year when I wished I had them. In tight racing you don't get enough clean air to clear the water, even with a metric ton of Rain-X...

ShadowBolt
02-11-2012, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=marshall_mosty;57758]I still have the wipers. Put them back in AFTER houston last year when I wished I had them. In tight racing you don't get enough clean air to clear the water, even with a metric ton of Rain-X...[/QUOTIE]

I agree with Marshall on this one.

I installed the new (used) DL engine today. Still have to hook it all up and put in the transmission.

JJ

David Love AI27
02-12-2012, 04:18 PM
I installed the new (used) DL engine today. Still have to hook it all up and put in the transmission.

JJ
GIT R DONE JJ

Missed a chance for a FREE ride in a LeMons car this weekend at TWS but I still don't have a "new" helmet..

I had dreams of racing again last night, that hasn't happened for a long time now...

Gonna work on the ol' fox body today... Maybe I'll have a TT car in time for Cresson

cjlmlml
02-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Richard and Michael Painter stopped by the other day.

Drove their 2012 mustang with loud exhaust

Left an impression

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHNM1jeRwTg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I know, I am one of those dads.

marshall_mosty
02-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Richard and Michael Painter stopped by the other day.

Drove their 2012 mustang with loud exhaust

Left an impression

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHNM1jeRwTg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I know, I am one of those dads.
Very cool Chris...

For me, at this moment, Gage is honing his skills on Gran Turismo 4...

HoustonNW
02-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the replies regarding the wipers. It is running about 50/50 so maybe I'll just flip a coin to decide!

Regarding the pad kickback that I was fighting at MSR-H, I have a stupid question. Well actually I know that there are no stupid questions, only stupid people asking questions, but anyway...

I don't run the little metal "filler plates" in my brakes:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z18/wstehle/caliperinserts.jpg

Could that be why my calipers were getting stuck?

In any case a new set of slider pins and these "filler plates" along with good high temp grease are going in before the next outing.

GlennCMC70
02-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the replies regarding the wipers. It is running about 50/50 so maybe I'll just flip a coin to decide!

Regarding the pad kickback that I was fighting at MSR-H, I have a stupid question. Well actually I know that there are no stupid questions, only stupid people asking questions, but anyway...

I don't run the little metal "filler plates" in my brakes:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z18/wstehle/caliperinserts.jpg

Could that be why my calipers were getting stuck?

In any case a new set of slider pins and these "filler plates" along with good high temp grease are going in before the next outing.

The "clips" at the top are anti-rattle springs. They sit on top of the pads and push on the bridge of the caliper to keep the pads from "rattling" in the caliper. I've run w/out those for many years. Not an issue.
The other 4.... that is up for debate. I've run w/ and w/out them. I have seen more issue from the backing plates on the pads themselves having a sharp edge that will allow the pad to "dig in" and not release smoothly. Take a look at them and round off the edges if they are sharp.

Are the pistons in your calipers hard to push in?

marshall_mosty
02-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Michael and Raegan are engaged!!!!

ShadowBolt
02-19-2012, 09:42 AM

Congrats Michael and Raegan!

JJ

GlennCMC70
02-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Nice.

AllZWay
02-19-2012, 10:05 AM

Awesome.... Congrats to Michael and Raegan.

David Love AI27
02-19-2012, 10:09 AM

sweet

MikeP99Z
02-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Grats!!!

jdlingle
02-19-2012, 02:09 PM
That's awesome news. Really happy for Michael and Raegan

Casey_SS
02-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Awesome! Congrats!!!

rleng1
02-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Does Keith Stones know?
Congrats to both. Michael are you in sales???

ShadowBolt
02-19-2012, 07:09 PM

I guess I knew a few weeks ago when Michael and I were talking on the phone and he said he had to go because his engagement ring guy was calling. I never got to ask and assumed everyone knew but me.

Again, great job Michael.

JJ

ShadowBolt
02-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Finished the DL engine install. Good oil pressure. Sounds like blower cams to me.

JJ

GlennCMC70
02-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Finished the DL engine install. Good oil pressure. Sounds like blower cams to me.

JJ

I would tell you I've already filled out the paperwork for your DQ, but Adam may come in here and tell me I'm stupid..... or something like that.

Rob Liebbe
02-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Congratulations Michael and Raegan!!!!!

Sorry about the pressure Michael, and your welcome for the pressure Raegan.

Reagan, Raegan or Regan - which is correct?

BryanL
02-20-2012, 11:25 AM
To bad it isn't Rehagen! Congrats Michael and that is great news for the slackers. Now that he won't be out all the time we might become podium contenders with all the trophy girls missing in action.

Big milestone for my project over the weekend-drove it for the first time in 12 years since I bought the car. Still plenty to be done but at least its in my garage now and not an hour away. Also brought the pit bike back to the garage for some much needed tlc. Now I almost have 3 projects in the garage and none of them are the race car which isn't right.

Rob Liebbe
02-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Since you are all thinkin' it and somebody has to ask --- Will it be a white cowboy theme for the wedding?

marshall_mosty
02-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Headed to Vegas with my beautiful wife to go and see no one other than the iconic Celine Dion.... (Flame suit on).

ShadowBolt
02-20-2012, 04:03 PM

Is Michael not allowed to post anymore?

JJ

GlennCMC70
02-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Is Michael not allowed to post anymore?

JJ

I was told he was out of town and would not be available till this week sometime.

ShadowBolt
02-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Finished the DL engine install. The 55 is alive and running great. The exhaust sounds really good. So far so good.
The car is so low that with the iron block the floorjack will not go under either side or the front. With the Aluminum block it was about an inch higher.
THANKS DAVID!

JJ

David Love AI27
02-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Finished the DL engine install. The 55 is alive and running great. The exhaust sounds really good. So far so good.
The car is so low that with the iron block the floorjack will not go under either side or the front. With the Aluminum bloch it was about an inch higher.
THANKS DAVID!

JJ

Glad I could help but you would be better to keep some things to yourself... Glenn will be chasing you around with a tape measure...

ShadowBolt
02-21-2012, 08:31 AM
Glad I could help but you would be better to keep some things to yourself... Glenn will be chasing you around with a tape measure...

No problem with the tape measure. Been there done that.

JJ

RichardP
02-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Glenn will be chasing you around with a tape measure...

On unlevel/uneven ground...

Richard P.

Fbody383
02-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Michael and Raegan are engaged!!!! Whoop! That's awesome!

JJ - looking forward to the 55 back in action.

The boy child and I took the President's day holiday to put a couple hundred rounds down range with the .45 XDM and the AR15.

cjlmlml
02-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Headed to Vegas with my beautiful wife to go and see no one other than the iconic Celine Dion.... (Flame suit on).

Marshall, you know the musuem closed in 2010 ? http://www.liberace.org/

ShadowBolt
02-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Marshall, you know the musuem closed in 2010 ? http://www.liberace.org/

Marshall may not have known but you did.

JJ

ShadowBolt
02-23-2012, 09:52 PM
drove the car a few minutes ago around the neighborhood and when I get back I can hear a knock at 2500 and up. Great oil pressure it idle (60 lbs. hot) and the knock is not there at idle or on decell. I hope it's in the valve train. Guess I should have not tried to be so tight and built another engine. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer to do all that work installing a unit that we never heard run. I made a video of it on my Iphone but you can't really hear it. Well $hit. May skip Cresson.

Not DL's fault. He damn near gave me the engine and I'm not upset with him. I'm mad at myself.

JJ

AllZWay
02-24-2012, 09:24 AM
drove the car a few minutes ago around the neighborhood and when I get back I can hear a knock at 2500 and up. Great oil pressure it idle (60 lbs. hot) and the knock is not there at idle or on decell. I hope it's in the valve train. Guess I should have not tried to be so tight and built another engine. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer to do all that work installing a unit that we never heard run. I made a video of it on my Iphone but you can't really hear it. Well $hit. May skip Cresson.

Not DL's fault. He damn near gave me the engine and I'm not upset with him. I'm mad at myself.

JJ

I did the same thing with the engine currently in my car. Bryan made me a fair price and neither of us had heard it run. I did have to change heads because of what I think was a valve leak, but got lucky otherwise. I was willing to take the risk also, since I really couldn't afford to build a new engine at the time.

I hope you get lucky also and don't have a major issue.

Fbody383
02-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Last night spent a couple hours in the Company tent at HLSR BBQ Cook Off... what a freak show.

marshall_mosty
02-26-2012, 04:05 AM
Enjoying lovely Auckland, New Zealand.... Very pretty. Weather is very nice. Meetings tomorrow and then a few days to fool around before coming back to the states...

Unfortunately no V8 supercar races...
:(

edrock96GT
02-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Enjoying lovely Auckland, New Zealand.... Very pretty. Weather is very nice. Meetings tomorrow and then a few days to fool around before coming back to the states...

Unfortunately no V8 supercar races...
:(

Be careful of crocodiles.

....snakes

...spiders

....rabid kangaroos.

michaelmosty
02-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Thanks to everyone for the Congrats, we are both very excited!!! We got back from snowboarding in Winter Park, CO on Wed. Also got to ride snowmobiles which was an absolute blast.
Now its time to get the car ready for Cresson. The focus is going to be getting the torque boxes fixed so the right side might still be a little ugly.

jdlingle
02-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Today I learned Japanese!

For instance: Mishimoto UNIVERSAL 19 Row Oil Cooler Kit translates to= Fits vehicles that have one of two included oil filter adapters.If I had learned Japanese earlier I could have informed American Muscle that their description of (fits Mustangs 79-12) should read (fits Fox body Mustangs only).

Still need to learn how to say "return this piece of shit" in Japanese. Back to the books.

ShadowBolt
02-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Yesterday I started trying to figure out what the knock was on my new (used) engine. I used the old screwdriver trick to listen to different areas. I could tell the knock was in the front of the engine (or at least I thought it was). So I decide to pull the front cover off. When I put the impact on the bolt holding the balancer on, it came off with almost no effort. It was no more than finger tight (you will see why later). I pulled the balancer off to find it had been eating into the front cover (going to far up on the crank). After pulling half a million bolts out of the cover, pan, and valve covers I took the cover off. I could not see anything wrong. I took the crank trigger wheel off and noticed it was all tore up. Now this was the wheel out of my old engine since I had read that the powdered metal wheels were prone to cracking. I saw where the chain had been hitting the wheel and went and got the old wheel to compare them. The powdered metal wheen has a 1/4" lip on it that keeps it off the chain. I looked at the bottom timing gear and it had no lip but the one out of the old engine did. So to use the stamped trigger wheel you have to use the new type crank gear. Who knew? If I had just left the powdered metal wheel alone I could have saved all this BS. I'm betting this was the noise and the engine is fine. I will put it back together and chainge the oil again.

JJ

Fbody383
02-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Also got to ride snowmobiles which was an absolute blast. Single track or open meadow stuff? Got to ride at the Continental Divide once. The couple ahead of my wife was going so slow they got stuck, so my wife slowed down and got stuck. The boy child and I stopped next to her, skis up so we could get out. When I stepped off to help her out, I sunk chest deep into the power.

...so the right side might still be a little ugly.Yeah, from the torques boxes. Primer is a color too.

Rob Liebbe
02-27-2012, 11:52 AM
When I stepped off to help her out, I sunk chest deep into the power.

So the snow wasn't really all that deep.