PDA

View Full Version : So, what did you do today?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

David Love AI27
07-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Don't forget the soco, margaritas and bbq.

Jb

I know, right...

SO MUCH good stuff.... Thanks again..

AllZWay
07-20-2010, 08:33 AM
Went mountain bike riding. Had a great time until 20 minutes in when I flew over the handlebars and ate shit.
I have a banged up right shoulder and possible torn rotator cuff. Going in on Thursday to see the extent of damage. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it isn't anything major. It hurt pretty bad but nothing excruciating.
Taking a shower was interesting. It is amazing how many things you use your right arm for. :shock:

Ouch... Hope everything is okay and just strained or bruised.

Age is catching you too. :P

Fbody383
07-20-2010, 09:18 AM
Buttoned up the exhaust on the hot rod...

I envy/hate you guys with lifts and good vision..

I have a banged up right shoulder and possible torn rotator cuff. Going in on Thursday to see the extent of damage.

It is amazing how many things you use your right arm for.

Unless you're left handed. I think mine is along these (http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/generalshoulder/a/bankart.htm) lines. Repair is significant and rehab would suck. Had the angiogram/MRI done in March and have just put off the next visit since any surgery this year would kill at least the first two events next year. And since my ACL rehab was so bad I don't have any expectations that this would be any better.

Good luck my young friend.

cjlmlml
07-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Went mountain bike riding. Had a great time until 20 minutes in when I flew over the handlebars and ate shit.
I have a banged up right shoulder and possible torn rotator cuff. Going in on Thursday to see the extent of damage. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it isn't anything major. It hurt pretty bad but nothing excruciating.
Taking a shower was interesting. It is amazing how many things you use your right arm for. :shock:

Are you sure you didnt have your white outfit on at the igra.com ?

mitchntx
07-20-2010, 09:45 AM
I've been working for the last ten minutes trying to word a response ...

"almost broke-my-back mountain-biking" is about the best I can come up with ...

ShadowBolt
07-20-2010, 10:14 AM
NO CONTACT ZONE

I like it!

JJ

michaelmosty
07-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Been searching the web trying to self diagnose. 8)

http://www.tumtum.com/journals/shoulder_images_full/Netter_RShldrAnt_Deep.jpg

I am keeping my hopes up it isn't anything major as my "shoulder" doesn't hurt that badly. It feels like it is the Trapezoid ligament and Conoid ligament. The main pain occurs if I were doing a 2-3 shift.

My bet is a bad case of pussitis. :lol:

Mrs. Crumpacker
07-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Are you sure you didnt have your white outfit on at the igra.com ?

Is this the white outfit???

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv177/ariscaput86/mosty_whitesuit.jpg

michaelmosty
07-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Wow, if I had a little more hair that would look exactly like me! :lol:

Rob Liebbe
07-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Conoid ligament. The main pain occurs if I were doing a 2-3 shift.

My bet is a bad case of pussitis. :lol:

Good thing you drive a chic car daily.

Fbody383
07-20-2010, 02:30 PM
My bet is a bad case of pussitis. Probably; is it just sore? discolored? any limited mobility? did you land on your shoulder? arm out? by your side?

I wish I had a copy of my X-ray where my humerus looked like it was leaning against my ribs kinda like this:

http://www.togct.com/surg_procedures/images_surg_procd/labral_lesion_3.jpg

Yeah... it smarts. The best part is the X ray technician telling you to relax and put your arm down. But after a couple of times... you get used to it

michaelmosty
07-20-2010, 02:46 PM
My bet is a bad case of pussitis. Probably; is it just sore? discolored? any limited mobility? did you land on your shoulder? arm out? by your side?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, arm was by my side.
The bruise is currently yellow, I'm waiting to see if any neater colors appear.

cobra132
07-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Dude, your shoulder is dislocated. Go see a orthopedic surgeon, do not pass go, do not collect $200. FMR

cobra132
07-20-2010, 03:24 PM
If that is your xray. FMR

cobra132
07-20-2010, 03:28 PM
If not, don't worry about it, your probably just being a wus. (Is that a bra strap or an EKG lead). FMR

Fbody383
07-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Dude, your shoulder is dislocated. Go see a orthopedic surgeon, do not pass go, do not collect $200. FMR

LOL... I should've know that would get the Doc in here. No, it's nobody we know but the best picture I could find.

Mine was worse. I think it was the third time (Dr. Ron Love in the Clear Lake ER after a softball game. He tied me off to a PA and then used his 250+ LBs to pull on my wrist. :shock: Took two tries.); first time I got it back in.

While laying on the ground after crashing a BMX bike; landed Superman style. Couldn't lift my arm but could pull back and hold on. Had an old rodeo guy tape up my entire shoulder. Didn't really appreciate what I tore up... but I was only 15.

Second time it reduced itself leaning on a chair waiting in the ER.

4th was after another softball game.. bad combo of drugs... woke up throwing up...

Last one was Super Bowl '10 Sunday playing football with kids at church. Reduced by scapular manipulation. I tensed up too much on the first try so he doped me up a little. Second time worked like a charm.

I know, TMI; but if I ever dislocate it at the track you guys will never see me again. I've never looked at it written down. Man, that's a lot of pain and suffering over 25 years.

cobra132
07-21-2010, 06:28 AM
Have you considered getting it fixed? Those things hurt like he'll when they pop out. FMR

Rob Liebbe
07-21-2010, 08:06 AM
After a couple of Jack an' Cokes, I bet Frank could fix you up Saturday night at TWS.

mitchntx
07-21-2010, 08:08 AM
After a couple of Jack an' Cokes, I bet Frank could fix you up Saturday night at TWS.

Couple of JnCs for who?

I guess it doesn't matter ... I'll take two!

Al Fernandez
07-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Couple of JnCs for who?

I guess it doesn't matter
:lol: I would expect the same results either way! :wink:

Alien
07-21-2010, 10:00 AM
Just ordered this. Shipped today. Should get it by mid next week. Gonna thrash to get the brackets modified for the camaro to get it installed for TWS.

http://www.fleetsafety.com/Go-Rhino-Crown-Victoria-Push-Bumper-Grill-Guard-with-HD-Wrap-Around-331

http://www.fleetsafety.com/catalog/HDwrapCV.gif

Rob Liebbe
07-21-2010, 10:38 AM
That's not going to help you when I spin you from behind.

Alien
07-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Oh, I feel sorry for you if you're behind me. Forgot to mention I also ordered these, ya know, to save on shipping.

http://www.fleetsafety.com/Stinger-Tire-Spike-System-511

http://www.fleetsafety.com/catalog/Tire-Spike-System.jpg

rleng1
07-21-2010, 11:09 AM
But he ain't gonna pull on your wrist to reset the shoulder. he is known for working through other body orifices to do his magic.

cobra132
07-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Its called: Natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery or NOTES. Be careful what you wish for. FMR

Fbody383
07-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Have you considered getting it fixed? Those things hurt like he'll when they pop out. FMR

Yes; did the flouroscope thing (nothing like needing a real time x-ray so they can get the needle in the joint in the right place to then pump in some fluid so your shoulder feels like it's coming apart. In my case the tube popped off the needle and sprayed us.) and MRI and just need to get the Bankart Lesion diagnosis confirmed.

Pain is relative. To me it's just *really* uncomfortable.

My biggest fear is that since i was the 10%, 1 year long ACL rehab any shoulder rehab would be a BITCH.

NOTES: That ain't right. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_orifice_translumenal_endoscopic_surgery)

marshall_mosty
07-21-2010, 12:08 PM

LOL... I should've know that would get the Doc in here. No, it's nobody we know but the best picture I could find.

Mine was worse. I think it was the third time (Dr. Ron Love in the Clear Lake ER after a softball game. He tied me off to a PA and then used his 250+ LBs to pull on my wrist. :shock: Took two tries.); first time I got it back in.

While laying on the ground after crashing a BMX bike; landed Superman style. Couldn't lift my arm but could pull back and hold on. Had an old rodeo guy tape up my entire shoulder. Didn't really appreciate what I tore up... but I was only 15.

Second time it reduced itself leaning on a chair waiting in the ER.

4th was after another softball game.. bad combo of drugs... woke up throwing up...

Last one was Super Bowl '10 Sunday playing football with kids at church. Reduced by scapular manipulation. I tensed up too much on the first try so he doped me up a little. Second time worked like a charm.

I know, TMI; but if I ever dislocate it at the track you guys will never see me again. I've never looked at it written down. Man, that's a lot of pain and suffering over 25 years.
Had several separations during competitive swimming (3rd-7th grade)
First dislocation as a Senior in high school. Ran down the stairs, grabbed the bottom ballaster and it twisted out and down... major pain. Took good drugs (Versed) to reduce.
Second dislocation was a a freshman in college in the weight room doing a behind the head pulldown (now I know why they are so bad). Reduced it myself in the ER bed waiting on the doc by accident.
Third dislocation is where the story gets funny (but not as funny as a white cowboy outfit). I sneezed in the shower and dislocated it. This was probably back in 1997'ish. Didn't use any drugs in the ER, but I watched what the Doc did to reduce.
Fourth dislocation was the summer of '98 after falling out of an innertube at the lake (Michael was driving the boat). Took what I learned from the third disclocation reduction and did it myself with a chair at the lake.
After surgery (immediately after #4) to put back what was all torn up, no issues (12 years later)... figers are crossed it is a permanent solution.

Fbody383
07-21-2010, 02:16 PM
After surgery (immediately after #4) to put back what was all torn up, no issues (12 years later)... figers are crossed it is a permanent solution.What was your rehab like?

marshall_mosty
07-21-2010, 02:47 PM
After surgery (immediately after #4) to put back what was all torn up, no issues (12 years later)... figers are crossed it is a permanent solution.What was your rehab like?In a sling for six weeks. Started rehab immediately. 2-3 times per week for 30 minutes with the PT... That sucked. Range of motion was... scary, due to me thinking it was going to dislocate when we were trying to "max out". I had to do exercises at home for 9 months with therabands and very light free weights. I would say that I was at 90% within a year. I've never regained all the range of motion and I still favor the sholder when throwing a football or baseball. When I'm lifting weights, I just know what I can and can't do. It takes a bit more time to get blood into the joint, so there is some initial discomfort when lifting anything heavy.

However, given the option of having a "trick" shoulder that would dislocate as the wind blows, I would choose the surgery in a second. Mine was the 4" scar, open up the entire joint version. My experience was on the more severe end. If you can go ortoscopic, you may be able to heal up faster.

or you can go for Dr. Frank's "Natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery". I hear shoulder repair through the anus is the new rage with the "over 40" crowd. 8)

cjlmlml
07-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Mini Hummer Smart Car

&

Nice brakes cowboy michael

Rob Liebbe
07-21-2010, 05:46 PM
??? As always Lyons comes in from waaaay out in left field.

marshall_mosty
07-21-2010, 06:50 PM
??? As always Lyons comes in from waaaay out in left field.That one is down the street from my dad's shop.

mitchntx
07-21-2010, 06:52 PM
What are you guys talking about?

Chris's Honda looks great ...

Todd Covini
07-25-2010, 10:15 PM
I bought a Honda today!
http://www.motorera.com/honda/h0230/crf230/crf230f-03.jpg

Rob Liebbe
07-26-2010, 01:28 AM
Took my kids to Hoover Dam.

Fbody383
07-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Took my kids to Hoover Dam. The view from the new bridge is going to be pretty cool.

I ended up pulling the distributor in the hot rod... no blinkie-blinkie light on the ignition box. Guessing the magnetic pickup is bad... got one ordered, so we'll see.

Did about 30 miles on the bike at about the same speed as BL AI car... good to get out.

Fbody383
07-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Finally got the "call;" (http://www.pettydriversearch.com/) guess that $15k I was saving for a real Duece car has a new home.

AllZWay
07-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Finally got the "call;" (http://www.pettydriversearch.com/) guess that $15k I was saving for a real Duece car has a new home.

That would be a lot of fun...if I had 15K just to throw around.

Todd Covini
07-28-2010, 11:15 PM
I bought a Honda today!
http://www.motorera.com/honda/h0230/crf230/crf230f-03.jpg

...and after nearly a year of saving my sheckles for the right house, the MINUTE I open my wallet up a wee bit for a motorcycle...the home deal comes thru within 72 hours. :roll:

I got a contract on a house today. Close Sept 1.

Fbody383
07-29-2010, 10:15 AM
I got a contract on a house today.

Excellent.

Continuing their excellent leadership roles, Al and Glenn told the rest of the group, "not to worry", they're helping you do the moving.

Tell you what, I'll help you move your race car.

ShadowBolt
07-29-2010, 10:57 AM
How about tonight?

A one night only event.......

Elvis on Tour: 75th Anniversary Celebration movie.

Playing all over the country. I will not miss the KING!

JJ

Rob Liebbe
07-29-2010, 03:15 PM
You're OLD!!!!!

ShadowBolt
07-29-2010, 03:21 PM
You're OLD!!!!!

Yes, and Elvis will forever be the KING!

JJ

Todd Covini
07-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Thank you very much.

http://www.iastate.edu/Inside/2010/0107/img/elvis.jpg

Rob Liebbe
07-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Thank you very much.

http://www.iastate.edu/Inside/2010/0107/img/elvis.jpg

Looks nothing like Todd.

Todd Covini
07-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Jason & Jeremy,
Elvis Presley (January 8, 1935 – August 16, 1977) was one of the most popular American singers of the 20th century. A cultural icon, he is widely known by the single name Elvis. He is often referred to as the "King of Rock and Roll" or simply "the King".

Born in Tupelo, Mississippi, Presley moved to Memphis, Tennessee, with his family at the age of 13. He began his career there in 1954 when Sun Records owner Sam Phillips, eager to bring the sound of African American music to a wider audience, saw in Presley the means to realize his ambition. Accompanied by guitarist Scotty Moore and bassist Bill Black, Presley was one of the originators of rockabilly, an uptempo, backbeat-driven fusion of country and rhythm and blues. RCA Victor acquired his contract in a deal arranged by Colonel Tom Parker, who would manage the singer for over two decades. Presley's first RCA single, "Heartbreak Hotel", released in January 1956, was a number one hit. He became the leading figure of the newly popular sound of rock and roll with a series of network television appearances and chart-topping records. His energized interpretations of songs, many from African American sources, and his uninhibited performance style made him enormously popular—and controversial. In November 1956, he made his film debut in Love Me Tender.

Conscripted into military service in 1958, Presley relaunched his recording career two years later with some of his most commercially successful work. He staged few concerts, however, and, guided by Parker, proceeded to devote much of the 1960s to making Hollywood movies and soundtrack albums, most of them critically derided. In 1968, after seven years away from the stage, he returned to live performance in a celebrated comeback television special that led to an extended Las Vegas concert residency and a string of profitable tours. In 1973, Presley staged the first concert broadcast globally via satellite, Aloha from Hawaii, seen by approximately 1.5 billion viewers. Prescription drug abuse severely compromised his health, and he died suddenly in 1977 at the age of 42.

Presley is regarded as one of the most important figures of 20th-century popular culture. He had a versatile voice and unusually wide success encompassing many genres, including country, pop ballads, gospel, and blues. He is the best-selling solo artist in the history of popular music. Nominated for 14 competitive Grammys, he won three, and received the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award at age 36. He has been inducted into four music halls of fame.

-=- Todd

Rob Liebbe
07-30-2010, 07:45 AM
Just say no to drugs.

Fbody383
07-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Todd, I am a fan of the King and all... espcially "Live at Madison Square Garden," but the guy did die on the toilet.

ShadowBolt
07-30-2010, 02:57 PM
The King sold out the FedEx Forum for a concert with Elvis on screen and most all of the people that played with him (the TCB band, the Stamps, The Imperials, The Sweet Inspirations and Ronnie Tutt on drums) live. I was there and it was great. I missed the King when he came to Austin in 77 because even when he was old and fat you had to camp out all night prior to the day the tickets went on sale to get tickets. Also it was not considered cool in the late 70's for a teenager to be an Elvis fan. How many other singers could sell out the Forum's 18,500 seats thirty years after their deaths?
Here is what it looked like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_-ywmhe6oM

And here he is at his best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf0vJiyeLIo&feature=related

JJ

Fbody383
07-30-2010, 04:14 PM
How many other singers could sell out the Forum's 18,500 seats thirty years after their deaths? Gotta give props to the King...

Adam Ginsberg
08-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Last weekend, my oldest son and I did our annual trek to Laguna for some of this:

AllZWay
08-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Nice Adam... I think I would have wanted to kick him out of the picture and have him take it with me in the middle. :D

Alien
08-02-2010, 07:20 AM
At least your son was somewhat smiling while in between a couple of hotties! *cough*Jason*cough*

michaelmosty
08-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Went to the Dr. today about my shoulder. Good news is there is no muscle or ligament tear. Bad news is that instead of a hairline fracture I now have a full break.
I guess the agressive motion of racing snapped the bone. Healing should take 6-8 weeks so I should be good to go for ECR. I'm going to be on a strict diet of milk, OJ, and calcium pills.

Crumpacker
08-02-2010, 08:19 PM
you turned a fracture into a break while racing... nice! Make sure to use that story with the ladies!

I'm going to be on a strict diet of milk, OJ, and calcium pills mixed with my keystone.

fixed.

Rob Liebbe
08-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Ouch!!!!!! That really sucks. Hope you feel better soon - soon enough to run that errand for me. 8) Do you get a cool sling? Who's going to throw your route while you are out? Just kidding. Use the sympathy to pick up chics.

AllZWay
08-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Went to the Dr. today about my shoulder. Good news is there is no muscle or ligament tear. Bad news is that instead of a hairline fracture I now have a full break.
I guess the agressive motion of racing snapped the bone. Healing should take 6-8 weeks so I should be good to go for ECR. I'm going to be on a strict diet of milk, OJ, and calcium pills.

What happened... Did you practice and it broke?

gt40
08-02-2010, 09:34 PM
I cleaned something on the race car! Hope this doesn't become a habit! ;)

Rob Liebbe
08-03-2010, 07:46 AM
I cleaned something on the race car! Hope this doesn't become a habit! ;)

A clean race car is a happy race car. :D

michaelmosty
08-03-2010, 09:31 AM

Basically. When I drove on Friday I never went hard and was just taking it easy.
In Saturday practice I was going about 95% and after the first lap had some pretty good pain. By lap 3 I could barely get my hand from the shifter to the wheel and came in early.
I thought it was some sort of shoulder damage that didn't appear until then but I guess the pressure just broke the bone apart.

cobra132
08-03-2010, 11:10 AM
You had a "full break" before, it just did not show well on the inital xray. The xray appearance of a non-displaced fracture can evolve with time. FMR

Fbody383
08-03-2010, 12:52 PM
You had a "full break" before, it just did not show well on the inital xray. The xray appearance of a non-displaced fracture can evolve with time. FMR Yeah, what Dr. Frank said. Post up the before and after and let us see.

I can already hear your excuses at ECR...

gt40
08-03-2010, 02:20 PM
You had a "full break" before, it just did not show well on the inital xray. The xray appearance of a non-displaced fracture can evolve with time. FMRDamn radiologists! You just can't trust 'em! ;)

AllZWay
08-03-2010, 04:24 PM

Basically. When I drove on Friday I never went hard and was just taking it easy.
In Saturday practice I was going about 95% and after the first lap had some pretty good pain. By lap 3 I could barely get my hand from the shifter to the wheel and came in early.
I thought it was some sort of shoulder damage that didn't appear until then but I guess the pressure just broke the bone apart.

Ouch...That sounds pretty painful. That sucks.

michaelmosty
08-03-2010, 04:50 PM
I got my scans from the Dr. but can't find a way to save them. They are on a cd and the program that opens it is "echoes.exe".
Frank, are you familiar with this?

rleng1
08-03-2010, 05:31 PM
In Aberdeen Scotland where it is 60 degrees.....nice.
thanks to Darci, Sam, and Jason for helping me load my car on sunday. I think Darci could tell I was not doing well. I was suffering from heat exhaustion, and was very weak. Tough drive home, luckily on one hour. Had to unload the trailer on Monday morning, and was very tough as I was out of breath. It was heat exhaustion, and I am sure some others are feeling the effect as well.
Feeling good, and have rested, so will be ready for ECR.
Thanks again Darci, Sam, and Jason.

Rob Liebbe
08-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Went to jury duty in downtown Houston, got picked for a 3-5 day criminal trial.

kbrewmr2
08-03-2010, 08:47 PM
if they'll let you out for lunch there are quite a few Houston area people that work down there to eat with... jus sayin

Fbody383
08-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Went to jury duty in downtown Houston, got picked for a 3-5 day criminal trial. Through a summons or citation?

I put the new MSD box in the hot rod. The LED light goes blinky-blinky when the distributor turns so I'm already ahead, but... battery is low and I may have the distributor 180 out...

And to think I'm a better mechanic than race car driver, huh D-Love?

Mrs. Crumpacker
08-04-2010, 10:48 AM
thanks to Darci, Sam, and Jason for helping me load my car on sunday. I think Darci could tell I was not doing well. I was suffering from heat exhaustion, and was very weak. Tough drive home, luckily on one hour. Had to unload the trailer on Monday morning, and was very tough as I was out of breath. It was heat exhaustion, and I am sure some others are feeling the effect as well.

I am glad you are feeling better Randy. I thought you looked a bit off. Next time we will force you to dinner somewhere chilly so you can cool off before the drive home.

cobra132
08-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Those xray programs are all a pain in the a--. They use proprietary software and they are all different. FMR

gt40
08-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Those xray programs are all a pain in the a--. They use proprietary software and they are all different. FMRThey're not in DICOM or ACR-NEMA format?

Todd Covini
08-04-2010, 09:50 PM

Oh man...I feel like a schmuck. I didn't see the heat stress signs and rushed to my home which is 2 miles from yours without giving you a hand or following you there. So sorry, Randy. I had a few folks I wanted to say goodbye to and blasted out of there.

-=- Todd

rleng1
08-05-2010, 02:23 AM
no problem Todd. I felt that I could manage and you did offer your help. appreciate that. heat exhaustion has a funny way of effecting people. I believe that others could have been effected by the heat as wel and just didn't realize it.
Everything is good and 65F in Aberdeen. Thanks to all for your kindness and concern.

Fbody383
08-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Last night actually...

Fired up the Beastie for the first time since Papa Johns Free Pizza night. And I thought FI cars were difficult.

I think the distributor is still off one tooth from preferred but since it's mech advance with magnetic pickup and the cable is 6' long, I have room to turn for timing. Nice to know it's back on the road to start sucking gas four barrels at a time.

Hey Ross, wanna hear what a real Camaro sounds like? You could bring over the SD card out of the GoPro.

AllZWay
08-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Last night actually...

Fired up the Beastie for the first time since Papa Johns Free Pizza night. And I thought FI cars were difficult.

I think the distributor is still off one tooth from preferred but since it's mech advance with magnetic pickup and the cable is 6' long, I have room to turn for timing. Nice to know it's back on the road to start sucking gas four barrels at a time.

Hey Ross, wanna hear what a real Camaro sounds like? You could bring over the SD card out of the GoPro.

Where are the pictures? :roll:

Fbody383
08-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Where are the pictures? :roll: Of the beat up first gen 383 / Richmond 6sp hooptie?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/Niftee50ees/2010%2006-19%20Niftee50ees/DSC01947.jpg

Just kidding... that's a buddies car. I'll try to take some soon; I want to get it out of the garage to do some cleaning.

Oh yeah... here is the Love Bus. (http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/Niftee50ees/2010%2006-19%20Niftee50ees/?action=view&current=DSC01922.jpg)

Alien
08-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Would 17x10 CCWs for a C3 fit on your 1st gen?

AllZWay
08-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Funny Dave...I was about to really applaud you for such a nice car.

cobra132
08-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Fired up the lemons car today. 45 year old 289 and original carb stuffed into a 87 325e. Started immediatly and purs like one of mitch's cats. A feat of engineering genius, ---if I may be so bold. FMR

mitchntx
08-07-2010, 08:50 PM
http://cdn4.mattters.com/photos/photos/1065108/kitten_in_boobs-13314.jpg

BryanL
08-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Okay mitch stop right there. That us your best post of all time

Fbody383
08-08-2010, 01:01 AM
Funny Dave...I was about to really applaud you for such a nice car. That '68 is nice. I got the race car camera out to shoot you some video but it came out grainy. I'll get something posted for you.

Gary, I have 17X8 on the front and 17X9.5 on the rear. I think they're both 4" backspacing. I think the late model stuff has too much offset.

Mitch, I think that form of smuggling is illegal in 49 states and 83 countries.

David Love AI27
08-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Three generations.. I have a thing for third gens....

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=72786&id=1319953693

David Love AI27
08-08-2010, 10:32 PM

Coppy and paste

David Love AI27
08-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Better than racing... I did explain that "tires win races"...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=1507322&id=1319953693&ref=fbx_album

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=1507334&id=1319953693&ref=fbx_album

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=1507325&id=1319953693&ref=fbx_album

David Love AI27
08-08-2010, 11:12 PM

OK... Big mistake 4 generations :oops: :oops: just goes to show... don't post while emotional, not clear headed..

BryanL
08-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Last night I watche the 2006 AI/CMC Year In Review Video. Going back to watch this now is quite a bit different than when I watched it a few years ago. Looks like lots of for a mock IRB to watch and get some practice. Saw a few eye opening things that I wouldn't have noticed in the past.
Go watch it.

Todd Covini
08-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Too funny. My son popped in the 2005 video tonight and we enjoyed it. Seemed weird to see Glenn's car with a rookie plate on it. :wink:

Those vids are timeless....still brings a smile to my (and my son's) face whenever I hear the associated songs on the radio.

marshall_mosty
08-12-2010, 06:29 AM
My kiddos watch "Daddy and Uncle Bubba" race all the time. They don't care which DVD, but all I here is.... "Daddy".... "Uncle Bubba".... "Jeremy"... as those are the one three cars they know right now. I'm working on getting them to know the other cars.

Rob Liebbe
08-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Just so everyone catches it - Michael Mosty's new nickname is "Uncle Bubba". Excellent. :twisted:

cobra132
08-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Uncle Bubba, hows that shoulder doing?

AllZWay
08-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Just so everyone catches it - Michael Mosty's new nickname is "Uncle Bubba". Excellent. :twisted:

It has to be better than"gay cowboy". :lol:

michaelmosty
08-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks Rob.
Shoulder is doing good Frank.
Shut up James.
This group is full of love. :lol:

gt40
08-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Well, I just found out I'll be spending $1400 on my A/C system soon. Whee!!

So much for a set of rain tires...

Fbody383
08-12-2010, 12:43 PM
It has to be better than"gay cowboy". :lol: LOL... we can go back to "gay cowboy."

Went with the youth at church to, uh, be a sponsor for their lock-in...

at Track21. Yes... I covered the field.

Thanks for asking, Uncle Bubba.

Al Fernandez
08-13-2010, 03:39 PM
With a little help from Todd...bolted the clutch assembly/bellhousing/trans back into the car months ahead of plan...so Rob can borrow it for nationals and bring home that trophy! Go Rob!

Fbody383
08-13-2010, 04:20 PM
With a little help from Todd... Cool, another new guy.

BryanL
08-13-2010, 05:02 PM

It has to be better than"gay cowboy". :lol:

Nope- now its just "There is Gay Uncle Bubba"

Todd Covini
08-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Today, I found out that a home in the neighborhood belonged to WWE wrestler, Umaga (Edward Fatu) who died earlier this year. If you want to buy his house and live down the street...have at it. (Nice pool!)

http://search.har.com/engine/6003-Pinecreek-Ridge-Spring-TX-77379_HAR66388476.htm

He came from a pretty famous Samoan wrestler family, including, The Rock. Explains all the gangsta cars there were always parked there...that and the fact that it had a 2 car garage.

RIP Umaga....for all you wrestlers out there. (I never heard of him until today.)

-=- T

Todd Covini
08-15-2010, 06:48 PM

Very funny, mister. :twisted:

RichardP
08-15-2010, 07:10 PM

Don't you have to have a race car to be a new guy???

Richard P.

GlennCMC70
08-15-2010, 07:43 PM

Richard P.

He's not even a prospect at this point.

Fbody383
08-17-2010, 08:22 AM

Well... I guess if you really WANT to race, you can still be a new guy. << Insert under bus toss for Ross here >>

gt40
08-17-2010, 10:14 AM

Well... I guess if you really WANT to race, you can still be a new guy. << Insert under bus toss for Ross here >>Who's got a rookie plate for him?

Rob Liebbe
08-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Good one Robert.

HoustonNW
08-19-2010, 09:34 PM
My boss is in from the West Coast for my review. It went well, in fact so well that we're going to The Yellow Rose in Austin tonight.

Come find me, I'm buying for AICMCers!

David Love AI27
08-20-2010, 11:19 AM
My boss is in from the West Coast for my review. It went well, in fact so well that we're going to The Yellow Rose in Austin tonight.

My Mom was in Austin last night...

ShadowBolt
08-20-2010, 12:53 PM

Yeah, I've seen her at the Rose before. Looking for some newer (younger) talent.

JJ

David Love AI27
08-21-2010, 09:48 AM

Yeah, I've seen her at the Rose before. Looking for some newer (younger) talent.

JJ

Is this fodder for a "your momma..." joke??? Do I even want to now what kinda place the "Rose" is?...

Wirtz
08-21-2010, 10:44 AM
You can google it. Jason had better not ;)

Fbody383
08-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Where are the pictures?

I was out drinking in the garage and ran out of haterade so I figured i'd roll the hooptie into the sun to take some pictures for the insurance company.

Is a first gen front suspension supposed to look like this?

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac66/Fbody383/1969%20Camaro/IMG_3149.jpg

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac66/Fbody383/1969%20Camaro/IMG_3150.jpg

Here she is in the sun; she does need a bath.

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac66/Fbody383/1969%20Camaro/IMG_3151.jpg

James, you good?

marshall_mosty
08-21-2010, 01:25 PM
You can google it. Jason had better not ;)
Looks like Uncle Bubba's shot at a dancer is shot.

ENTERTAINERS

The Yellow Rose Gentlemen's Club is accepting applications for Entertainers who meet the following:
Must be at least 18 years old, in great shape, take pride in your appearance, have a mature positive attitude...

ShadowBolt
08-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Where are the pictures?

I was out drinking in the garage and ran out of haterade so I figured i'd roll the hooptie into the sun to take some pictures for the insurance company.

Is a first gen front suspension supposed to look like this?

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac66/Fbody383/1969%20Camaro/IMG_3149.jpg

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac66/Fbody383/1969%20Camaro/IMG_3150.jpg

Here she is in the sun; she does need a bath.

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac66/Fbody383/1969%20Camaro/IMG_3151.jpg

James, you good?

Kickass David. I had a 68 conv. 327, in high school. In 1974 I bought it for $850.00 and sold it in 1975 for $800.00. They were not worth anything back then.

JJ

Fbody383
08-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Kickass David. I had a 68 conv. 327, in high school. In 1974 I bought it for $850.00 and sold it in 1975 for $800.00. They were not worth anything back then. Picked it up in '85 for $1600, 327/3 speed car. A little weird because it has the deluxe interior and even the speed warning indicator speedo. I put the Martz Chassis front end on it around 2001 when I put the 383/Richmond 6 in it. I'm ready for it to cool off so I can get it out and enjoy it.

Jerry I still have it in part because of all the stories of cars long gone and they're expensive to get back if you get rid of one.

AllZWay
08-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Very cool Dave.

Rsmith350
08-23-2010, 05:36 PM
<< Insert under bus toss for Ross here >>

Hmmph.....hopefully Love wouldn't run over me lol

This is as close I get recently

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m189/rsmith350/Camaro/Race%20car%20progress/0719091651.jpg[/img]

Todd Covini
08-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Wow...Ross, I like what you've done with your car...it's come a long way.

http://www.chevy-camaro.com/shop/images/83CamaroZ28.jpg

Rsmith350
08-23-2010, 07:59 PM
................. :cry:

Skill level 10+....I call B.S.!!!

Todd Covini
08-23-2010, 08:01 PM

LOL....when are you going to snap the rest of the pieces together? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can laugh because I'm in the same boat...still shopping for my model and mommy won't give me any money to buy one yet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rsmith350
08-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Not making any promises anymore but things are starting to look up

Fbody383
08-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Not making any promises anymore but things are starting to look up I would say let's go get pizza but last time we did that you killed my car.

Rsmith350
08-23-2010, 10:49 PM
If you're gonna blame me for it I should at least get to drive it!!!!! Even Clifton can't kill a car just by looking at it........geez!!!!!! :? :shock:

<kisses his NASA career goodbye in one COMMENT>

Rob Liebbe
08-24-2010, 07:50 AM

LOL....when are you going to snap the rest of the pieces together? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can laugh because I'm in the same boat...still shopping for my model and mommy won't give me any money to buy one yet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll sell you a slightly used Fox body CMC front running car - cheap.

Fbody383
08-24-2010, 10:02 AM
If you're gonna blame me for it I should at least get to ride in it.Ok, I'll drive, you buy the pizza.

Even Clifton can't kill a car just by looking at it........geez!!!!!! :? :shock: See, just shows how little you know; he is judicious in the display of such powers.

Oh... I did put up another 8' T12 fixture in the garage. Makes me want to put up two more so I can actually see in there.

HoustonNW
08-28-2010, 10:43 PM
I needed to replace the doggie door in the bedroom. The new one was slightly larger and I realized that I didn't own a jigsaw. Drill and circular saw yes, but no jigsaw.

Since I'm a Jimmie Johnson fan, I headed off to Lowes. Plenty of jigsaws but then I noticed that the wimpy blades they offered would be too short to cut both sides of the metal door at once, and would probably be too long to cut one side at a time.

The cutoff wheels looked interesting, but based on the amount of sparks that I've seen on TeeVee, they might burn the paint on the door.

So that left the reciprocating saws. As we all know from watching Tim Taylor, there is no substitute for "more power"!

I now have 9.5A of SKIL pure cutting power:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z18/wstehle/IMG_0188.jpg

Should I bring it to Eagles Canyon? You think someone will need to make a modification to their roll cage, or subframes, or...

:D

cobra132
08-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Damn, I could fit through that doggie door. FMR

donovan
08-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Ran 24hrs of Hallett with Chumpcar World Series.

1st Place!

Drivers:
Richard Painter
Michael Painter
Chris Lyons
Jonathan Blevins
David Donovan

With assistance from Dell Hughes and Jonathon's dad.
Car:
1984 Mustang V8, $500 Crap-Can

Driving Hallett at 2:00AM is a F'n Blast!!

GlennCMC70
08-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Congrats.
Hope to see more guys running the NASA Enduro in April.

donovan
08-29-2010, 06:52 PM
Congrats.
Hope to see more guys running the NASA Enduro in April.

What does NASA pay for 1st, 2nd and 3rd?

We got $2000 for 1st!

michaelmosty
08-29-2010, 08:48 PM
Ran 24hrs of Hallett with Chumpcar World Series.

1st Place!

Drivers:
Richard Painter
Michael Painter
Chris Lyons
Jonathan Blevins
David Donovan

With assistance from Dell Hughes and Jonathon's dad.
Car:
1984 Mustang V8, $500 Crap-Can

Driving Hallett at 2:00AM is a F'n Blast!!
Congrats everyone!!!
Hallett is such a freakin awesome track I can't imagine getting to drive it for 24 hours straight.

The night driving we did at TMS was an eye-opener to say the least. I can only imagine a track with alot more elevation and absolutely no light of any kind. 8)

AllZWay
08-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Congrats guys... That is pretty awesome.

BTW... this weekend my 8 year old daughter (Jaycie) learned to ski.

She got up almost immediately, but it took a little learning on my part to figure out what speed to pull her at.

Adam Ginsberg
08-30-2010, 11:43 AM
So that left the reciprocating saws. As we all know from watching Tim Taylor, there is no substitute for "more power"!

A reciprocating saw (aka, Sawzall) should be in everyone's garage. Good for trimming Christmas tree trunks/tree branches, to racecar brackets and everything in between. I've had one in my tool arsenal for ~20+ years.

Nice addition, Wayne.

Fbody383
08-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Talked to my buddy that attended the Dr. Love Racing Experience... he was pumped up. Good job, D. Love.

Now we just need to get him some more track time and teach him basis maintenance so he can race a Chevy. I guess we could teach him advanced auto repair so he could race a 'stang.

D. Love, how do you think he did?

David Love AI27
08-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Talked to my buddy that attended the Dr. Love Racing Experience... he was pumped up. Good job, D. Love.

Now we just need to get him some more track time and teach him basis maintenance so he can race a Chevy. I guess we could teach him advanced auto repair so he could race a 'stang.

D. Love, how do you think he did?

I let him drive the 3 car.... I had a hard time grading him on being passed and point bys since NO ONE even got close to him... he passed every car out there... I'm having some issues flat spotting tires also had a problem with the shifter and I had to do a brake change... he thought I was doing too much work but it as a fairly typical LiiR weekend

David Love AI27
08-30-2010, 09:14 PM

I'll sell you a slightly used Fox body CMC front running car - cheap.

"front"?... Did you fix it???

"running"?... same question

Alien
09-08-2010, 02:30 PM
This past Sunday we went to see the British Touring Car Championship (and supporting races) at Knockhill Racing Circuit, Scotland.

http://www.fototime.com/B9BFC3D1CDECE5C/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/81178BAFE6AB3DF/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/5FE0260B9F321FE/standard.jpg
What happened to the left side mirrors? (above) That's them in the middle of the corner (below)
http://www.fototime.com/8E8E3F5CCAFD257/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/5A7E3546F4F7696/standard.jpg

Rob Liebbe
09-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Yeah, but are you married yet?

Fbody383
09-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Yeah, but are you married yet?

Thanks for throwing the big racing family reception at ECR! You guys are the best!

Alien
09-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Yes Rob, got that taken care of the previous weekend. Now the racecar is half Laura's. I will race it on Saturday's and she will race it on Sunday's so you guys be nice, maybe even let her win at EC.

AllZWay
09-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Congrats Gary..... first on the wedding....then on the trip to watch cool racing. :P

BTW... I didn't realize you two weren't already married. :oops:

mitchntx
09-08-2010, 08:09 PM
BTW... I didn't realize you two weren't already married. :oops:

Oh that was easy.

She helped with the car, turned on the video camera, helped load and unload ... you know, generally supportive.

That shit'll stop now.

michaelmosty
09-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Awesome news, congrats Gary!!
What is up with the triplets with a death wish? Did they really pull a Scranton and stand next to the track or is that just the camera angle?
I look forward to hearing the stories at the ECR event. 8)

Fbody383
09-09-2010, 10:18 AM
What is up with the triplets with a death wish? They must be related to that guy Mulder ran off at ECR.

I think we need a Mrs. Roberton V. Mrs. Crumpacker grudge match.

Ford V. Chevy...
CMC1 V. The Duece...

Mrs. Crumpacker
09-09-2010, 11:38 AM
What is up with the triplets with a death wish? They must be related to that guy Mulder ran off at ECR.

I think we need a Mrs. Roberton V. Mrs. Crumpacker grudge match.

Ford V. Chevy...
CMC1 V. The Duece...

I'm totally in!

On another note:

Be glad your day isn't like this guys...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW_x-2MXrkI

Alien
09-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Thanks everyone.

Knockhill was fun. A pretty good amount of elevation changes for such a short circuit, hence the illusion that the photographers are at track level when they were above/behind the tire wall. The other races were Porsche Cup, Ginetta G50 (cool looking cars!), Formula Renault, and Clio Cup cars making it a nice variety.

Mitch, you're most likely right, but I do have an appointment with Sam at EC to see how he managed to con Darcie into actually working NASA events. You must have a lot of shoes, huh Darcie?

BryanL
09-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Yes Rob, got that taken care of the previous weekend. Now the racecar is half Laura's. I will race it on Saturday's and she will race it on Sunday's so you guys be nice, maybe even let her win at EC.
Congrats. But don't worry-the property you bring into the relationship is still yours unless it gets co-mingled.

RichardP
09-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Congrats. But don't worry-the property you bring into the relationship is still yours unless it gets co-mingled.

Exactly. If you don't spend any money on the race car, it's still yours when you bail. :roll:

Richard P.

Todd Covini
09-09-2010, 11:57 PM
Wow...cool stuff has been happenin'!

Chumpcar endurance win.
Daddy sized doggie door.
Weddings with Touring Car Honeymoons.

Makes my new home purchase pale in comparison. Congrats you guys....I'm back to sifting, sorting and shitcanning stuff in boxes for a few more days before heading to Nationals.

-=- Todd "Got a big garage with room for a trailer again" Covini

David Love AI27
09-10-2010, 10:07 AM

You guys are a great couple (team)... Just get her her own car for TT, then you can be the one on grid seting mirrors and turning on the cameras.......

Congrats to you both... did you get married at Gretna Green? at the wedding anvil?

David Love AI27
09-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Rebuilt a T-5 for the LeMons team.....

michaelmosty
09-10-2010, 10:55 AM
David, is the car ready to go? I can't wait to see it!!

David Love AI27
09-10-2010, 11:06 AM
David, is the car ready to go? I can't wait to see it!!

I won't be driving... I am working for TDE this weekend at Cresson...

Jason is driving for Dr. Frank and I believe they are doing testing today

Fbody383
09-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Jason is driving for Dr. Frank and I believe they are doing testing today GREEEAAATTTT... more seat time for the kid.

It's your job as a parent to keep him slower than us old folks.

mitchntx
09-10-2010, 03:45 PM
I am working for TDE this weekend at Cresson...

I will see you out there ...

ShadowBolt
09-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Jay and I put the rebuilt Teksid blocked motor and new T5 (Astro Performance A5) in the car. Still have to put the intake on and re-wire it. Should be ready soon. Take an engine you have never done before apart way back in June and try to put it back together in mid Sept. I do everything at least twice. I had Jay put the trans fluid (Mercon V) in while he was tring to install the shifter but I forgot the driveshaft was not installed so I got a half quart on the stinking $hit all over the garage floor. Boy that stuff stinks (at least Valvoline Mercon V does).

JJ

Rob Liebbe
09-13-2010, 09:39 AM
I had Jay put the trans fluid (Mercon V) in while he was tring to install the shifter but I forgot the driveshaft was not installed so I got a half quart on the stinking $hit all over the garage floor. Boy that stuff stinks (at least Valvoline Mercon V does).

JJ

Been there - done that - it sux. Glad to hear you are making some progress. Get it ready, 'cause I'm building a CMC2 car for next year.

Fbody383
09-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Get it ready, 'cause I'm building a CMC2 car for next year. :shock:

Now I just need Wirtz to go with you and have G. Robertson spend another year with the three-oh motor in his car. And keep J. Love locked in a trailer and I might have a good '11.

I changed the rear pads (what was left of them) and YES, I used an inner and outer pair on each wheel this time and flushed the brake fluid.

Took the orange car out for a short drive around the neighborhood. Standing on it in 2nd will certainly get your attention. If those AI guys weren't so fast, maybe I'd...

Fbody383
09-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Dismissed the calendar reminder that I should be waking up in Utah instead of just wishing the guys all the best... :(

You guys have fun and represent!

Oh, and lot's of updates.

cobra132
09-20-2010, 03:46 PM
http://www.brownbears.com/sports/m-soccer/2010-11/releases/20100920oozw5q
:D Dad

Fbody383
09-20-2010, 03:57 PM
:D Dad

Then on Sunday, Robertson helped the Bears record a 2-0 shutout win versus Boston University. Robertson played 90 minutes against both Indiana and BU and later helped his father, reknowned racer and philanthropical surgeon, Dr. Frank Robertson, R&R the engine and transmission from the Texas AI field covering Mustang Cobra before spending the remainder of the weekend volunterring at a local animal shelter.

I found the original text in the metadata left in the post. 8)

That's too cool, Doc.

RichardP
09-21-2010, 09:29 PM
So back in February, I posted about Chris Marvel getting injured in a scooter incident. Seems like it's time for an update:

Chris went through a few surgeries on his leg, has gone through months of rehab, and has generally been doing pretty good getting around. He even made it out to the last event at TWS and raced with us. Good stuff.

Without the ability to run or even walk for long distances, it's hard to get a good workout and get back in shape. Unless you can kayak. That provides an excellent workout using only your upper body. More good stuff.

Until Sunday that is. While trying to put his kayak on top of his truck, he slipped off of the step stool he was using and fell down, went boom. Result: fracture of his femur... in the same leg as before. After a ride to the hospital in an ambulance and more surgery, Chris is back home again with two more screws in his leg.

Apparently he was disappointed that he didn't set off every metal dector at every airport and wanted to ensure that he had enough metal in him to be delayed every time.

Hopefully he will be back up again and strong for the start of the new race season.

Richard P.

mitchntx
09-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Ho-Lee-Cow ... :shock:

C'Mon Chris ... you got to find ba-rance ...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/11/11/article-1084862-026F8C05000005DC-145_468x660.jpg

GlennCMC70
09-21-2010, 09:54 PM
Chris had got to come to terms that he is not a 200lb 10 year old again.

Good luck Chris.

marshall_mosty
09-22-2010, 06:06 AM
1. Frank, Congrats on your kiddo making Dad proud.

2. Richard, please let Chris know that we are pulling for him..... again. And to not let it happen again. We're serious this time. Or he loses his racecar privileges (as we say around my house with the kids) :D

AllZWay
09-22-2010, 08:32 AM
WOW...this has been a year Chris would like to forget. :shock:

I hope he gets well soon.

Al Fernandez
09-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Geez that sucks. New break or re-broke the old one?

RichardP
09-22-2010, 06:12 PM

New break at a minimum. Imposible to tell if he rebroke the old stuff because there is too much metal in the way. There was no displacement so it's not actually relevant (expept for that pain thing).

Richard P.

michaelmosty
09-22-2010, 09:23 PM

New break at a minimum. Imposible to tell if he rebroke the old stuff because there is too much metal in the way. There was no displacement so it's not actually relevant (expept for that pain thing).

Richard P.
I hate to say that is good to hear but it is much better than the alternative. Best of luck on a speedy and permanent recovery.

Chris better get his stuff healed so we can have a repeat of MSRH next year, that was some great racing!! 8)

cobra132
09-23-2010, 10:39 AM
http://www.brownbears.com/sports/m-soccer/2010-11/releases/20100921l7pypk
Super :D Dad

ShadowBolt
09-23-2010, 01:15 PM

Proud Dad! That is great Frank.

JJ

AllZWay
09-23-2010, 01:59 PM

That is awesome.

Casey_SS
09-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Congrats Frank! Very cool.... 8)

cobra132
09-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Took the day off to recover from last nights Rush concert. Those guys are as good as they ever have been. May prep the car for ECR later today. FMR

ShadowBolt
09-24-2010, 10:08 AM
Took the day off to recover from last nights Rush concert. Those guys are as good as they ever have been. May prep the car for ECR later today. FMR

Rush is my favorite band ever but Geddy Lee's voice will not hit the really high notes he used to hit. 2112 is one of the best Rock songs ever!

Saw Rush for the first time when they opened for Ted Nugent in Austin at the Armadillo World Headquarters in 1975. Great times!
JJ

Fbody383
09-24-2010, 11:58 AM

Tomorrow night at The Woodlands... me and the boy child.

I think the documentary, Beyond the Lighted Stage, is fantastic.

Need to finish up front brake ducts and *new* radiator deflector this weekend. Oh and airbags on the tow truck.

And new super fast AST shocks 8)

j/k on the shocks... i don't want to be that fast.

BryanL
09-24-2010, 01:37 PM

Nice week for the boy and Dad. Congrats. He must be pretty salty.
Not a fan of rush.

David Love AI27
10-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Last Friday Night

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1388155952#!/photo.php?fbid=1672618020475&set=a.1198538168775.2030950.1388155952

Alien
10-27-2010, 08:40 PM
The Quickening begins...

http://www.fototime.com/ADE731742C92C2F/standard.jpg

Rob Liebbe
10-28-2010, 08:30 AM
Gary is a closet Ford guy - note the Ford GT poster on the wall.

Alien
10-28-2010, 09:21 AM
That's acutally Laura's (really!). You know how it is, you get married, then suddenly have no input on the decorations on the walls.

David Love AI27
10-28-2010, 01:07 PM
The Quickening begins...

http://www.fototime.com/ADE731742C92C2F/standard.jpg

Not sure that will make weight... just sayin'

edrock96GT
10-28-2010, 04:15 PM
That's acutally Laura's (really!). You know how it is, you get married, then suddenly have no input on the decorations on the walls.

Not in the garage!! Assert yourself! That's YOUR domain! :lol:

AllZWay
10-29-2010, 08:40 AM

Not in the garage!! Assert yourself! That's YOUR domain! :lol:

Absolutely... Kendra is barely allowed in the shop. :lol:

Fbody383
10-29-2010, 08:49 AM
Tried to straighten out the hinge from the door Gary hit... no, the other door.
http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac66/Fbody383/hinge.jpg

Mrs. Crumpacker
10-29-2010, 10:05 AM
Last night...the caddy vs. Oldmobile wagon... :(

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv177/ariscaput86/Caddy1.jpg
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv177/ariscaput86/Caddy2.jpg
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv177/ariscaput86/Olds1.jpg
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv177/ariscaput86/Olds2.jpg

Lady pulled in front of us. Got out of the car and says to Sam "why did you do that? Everyone else stopped for me. I assumed you'd be nice and stop too!" REALLY?!?! We had right of way. There was no one in front of us... :roll: :evil:

Fbody383
10-29-2010, 12:53 PM

Got out of the car and says to Sam "why did you do that? Everyone else stopped for me. I assumed you'd be nice and stop too!"

AsÃ* que usted habla español con fluidez?

ShadowBolt
10-29-2010, 02:12 PM

Got out of the car and says to Sam "why did you do that? Everyone else stopped for me. I assumed you'd be nice and stop too!"

Is that how you say no insurance?

JJ

Al Fernandez
10-29-2010, 04:05 PM
That sucks

jeremiahkellam
10-29-2010, 06:43 PM

Is that how you say no insurance?

JJ

Took the words out of my mouth, that car has "no insurance" all over it!!

mitchntx
10-30-2010, 08:08 AM
If it happened in a parking lot, it really didn't matter.

That really sucks ...

On the bright side, I see AI car written all over it, now.

Mrs. Crumpacker
10-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Surprisingly she has valid insurance with USAA. And it happened on the street. So we are waiting for the police report and sam needs to make his statement since he was driving.

cobra132
10-30-2010, 11:10 AM
I can't wait to get my dash board installed so I can put all my stuffed toys on it.

marshall_mosty
10-30-2010, 08:11 PM
I can't wait to get my dash board installed so I can put all my stuffed toys on it.
I need to go and find another piece of aluminum for the rest of my dash. Pity it's going to look worse than just leaving it alone, but since I have none of the original dash or mounting structure, I really don't have a choice.

I think I might put a bobble head dog on it.

ShadowBolt
10-31-2010, 08:13 AM
How bout those Baylor Bears!

marshall_mosty
10-31-2010, 09:29 PM
My kiddos will be wired for weeks...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs930.snc4/74353_1560535824869_1579510023_1292363_3607039_n.j pg

Mrs. Crumpacker
12-20-2010, 11:03 AM
Yesterday:
Hit and run at the house...took out one of our trees. The car was "stolen" and has no insurance. I will be calling homeowners insurance and the DA office to see what is going to happen...

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv177/ariscaput86/Tree%20Damage%2012-19-2010/2010-Thanksgivingtreedamage027.jpg
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv177/ariscaput86/Tree%20Damage%2012-19-2010/2010-Thanksgivingtreedamage026.jpg
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv177/ariscaput86/Tree%20Damage%2012-19-2010/2010-Thanksgivingtreedamage023.jpg
The cop told me the street the car was on. The guy driving the car took off when the cops showed up, but I was told they aren't pressing charges because he didn't hit a vehicle or person...We will see what the DA's will do...
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv177/ariscaput86/Tree%20Damage%2012-19-2010/2010-Thanksgivingtreedamage035.jpg

michaelmosty
12-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Dang, your house is a magnet for crazy people!! :shock:

Rob Liebbe
12-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Boulders - really big boulders lining your property. That's what you need.

cobra132
12-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Looks like a good lemons/chump car.

Mrs. Crumpacker
12-20-2010, 12:30 PM
We are thinking a 3' retaining wall with a grated slope will stop the next drunk driver...

We were also considering the big stones that look like giant bricks or the boulders, but I think the wall and slope will look less obvious yet still pack a punch.

Thank God the tree was there. He would have taken out that front bedroom otherwise. I just never thought a Hyundai would take a tree that sized out of the ground at the roots.

AllZWay
12-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Dang, your house is a magnet for crazy people!! :shock:

That is sure what I was thinking. :shock:

marshall_mosty
12-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Looks like a good lemons/chump car.My first thought too... glad everyone was okey (RIP to the tree)...

mitchntx
12-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Northern tool as an "Armco" type system with posts, runners and ends.

But, be careful. Putting something up under the guise of "protection" can come back to haunt you later on as reckless endangerment.

Fbody383
12-20-2010, 05:30 PM
But, be careful. Putting something up under the guise of "protection" can come back to haunt you later on as reckless endangerment. Isn't that crazy?

You put up an abutment in YOUR yard and get sued when some whackjob drives his car over the curb and through the woods to hurt him/herself on it.

THIS is why I always serve when called jury duty.

BryanL
12-20-2010, 05:45 PM
I think the city should give you a citation for cutting down a tree without a permit, too.

Al Fernandez
12-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Looks like you need bigger trees :lol:

Mrs. Crumpacker
12-21-2010, 09:39 AM
Yeah, who would have thought a Hyundai could take out a tree that size...

One of our friends has an accident reconsruction business. He did a rough calculation based on the skid marks and estimates the car was going 58mph when he hit the brakes...the speed limit is 30...

David Love AI27
12-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Yeah, who would have thought a Hyundai could take out a tree that size...

One of our friends has an accident reconsruction business. He did a rough calculation based on the skid marks and estimates the car was going 58mph when he hit the brakes...the speed limit is 30...

Not too sure the driver of the STOLEN car was too worried about the speed limit....

Isn't that the same spot where I park my truck???

Mrs. Crumpacker
12-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Isn't that the same spot where I park my truck???

Pretty close...

michaelmosty
12-21-2010, 11:56 AM
That is bad luck, if David's truck had been there it could have saved your tree. :P

ShadowBolt
12-21-2010, 02:02 PM
In Telluride, Co. Snowing like a bitch right now.

JJ

Fbody383
12-21-2010, 02:33 PM
In Telluride, Co. Snowing like a bitch right now. Isn't that the point?

Take some purdy pictures.

Mrs. Crumpacker
12-21-2010, 05:22 PM
That is bad luck, if David's truck had been there it could have saved your tree. :P

Damn it David! This is all your fault!

:wink:

David Love AI27
12-22-2010, 02:20 PM

Damn it David! This is all your fault!

:wink:

I hear that ALOT!!!

Mrs. Crumpacker
12-28-2010, 09:52 AM
found out who the fella was...

http://www.theeagle.com/local/Man-jailed-after-chase

http://justiceweb.co.brazos.tx.us/Scripts/UVlink.isa/bodreaux/WEBSERV/JailSearch?action%253Dview%26track%253D245638517

Officer came to our house last night to let us know. We need to get a written estimate from the tree farm for replacement cost so they can go to the DA with the damages. I don't know if we will get restitution, but at least there will be some justice...

Fbody383
12-28-2010, 02:31 PM
found out who the fella was...

Sam's new racing "identity"...

Alias: Wuu Dee, Xx

You can't make this stuff up.

way2neary
12-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Let's go turn a few donuts on his front lawn! Yeehaw!

cjlmlml
12-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Ok, this is weird,

Remember office space?

The company, initech? Here is their logo

http://www.myteespot.com/Initech-Logo-Office-Space-T-shirt-p-9068.html

Apparently , there is really an initech, same logo

http://initechinfo.com/

Rob Liebbe
12-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Slow day on the Stock Market Chris?

Adam Ginsberg
01-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Brake pr0n.

Finally had some time to work on the racecar. New struts, springs, hubs, and woah-parts. Still need to re-do the rear suspension, cam/intake change, new harnesses, etc, etc, etc. Still lots to do.

michaelmosty
01-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Where is the CMC2 rules does it say you can run two calipers? 6-pistons = cheating!! 8)

Fbody383
01-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Started the race car...

Moved the yellow fuel jugs to the other side of the shop.

Worked on the G-Man's Love Tap and filled out the 50/50 waiver form.

Alien
01-12-2011, 10:42 AM
There's something to be said about steel bodied cars... :oops:

Worked on the racecar last night. Garage door down, so the my little radio's reception wasn't great. I'm not a huge music person, but the background noise is nice. Stuck in a 3 Doors Down CD, and just let it repeat a few times. Apparently not the best CD for me to listen to while working on the LT1 swap. A few songs I noticed more than the others...

Changes
http://www.allthelyrics.com/song/20/

Running Out of Days
http://www.allthelyrics.com/song/16/

Going Down In Flames
http://www.allthelyrics.com/song/21/

Not a good sign when hooking up the new fuel lines and doing wiring... :shock:

Fbody383
01-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Worked on the racecar last night. Excellent... can't wait to see how the hybrid goes.

Mrs. Crumpacker
01-16-2011, 08:18 PM
so...We were joking about it in San Marcos...even on the way home from San Marcos...we woke up to a crash around 4:30am. A drunk driver once again made a run for the house. He jumped the curb, hit the tree on the end bounced off and hit the tree closest to our mailbox. The only damage was to the trees and grass. He stopped before hitting the mailbox. Sam went outside and talked to the guy while I called the cops. The kid started stumbling down the street and the cops picked him up about 1/4 of a mile down the road. He was arrested for DWI, failure to control speed, etc.

michaelmosty
01-16-2011, 08:32 PM
No freakin way!!! :shock: We need to stop joking about that.
BTW, what was the recipe again for beer margaritas? Frozen or over ice?

mitchntx
01-16-2011, 09:10 PM
That's messed up ...

Boulder-time.

marshall_mosty
01-16-2011, 09:33 PM
so...We were joking about it in San Marcos...even on the way home from San Marcos...we woke up to a crash around 4:30am. A drunk driver once again made a run for the house. He jumped the curb, hit the tree on the end bounced off and hit the tree closest to our mailbox. The only damage was to the trees and grass. He stopped before hitting the mailbox. Sam went outside and talked to the guy while I called the cops. The kid started stumbling down the street and the cops picked him up about 1/4 of a mile down the road. He was arrested for DWI, failure to control speed, etc.

Darcie... might be time to move to a non-corner lot...

AllZWay
01-17-2011, 08:38 AM
That's messed up ...

Boulder-time.

Sam showed me the barricade he is building... it should do the job. :lol:

Mrs. Crumpacker
01-17-2011, 01:36 PM
No freakin way!!! :shock: We need to stop joking about that.
BTW, what was the recipe again for beer margaritas? Frozen or over ice?

Beer-ritas:
frozen limeade mix
tequila (fill limeade container 1/2 to all the way full)
3-4 cheap beers
poured over sonic ice

Al Fernandez
01-17-2011, 02:20 PM
sonic ice?

ShadowBolt
01-17-2011, 02:37 PM
sonic ice?

The BEST ice is Sonic ice.
Come on Al, Sonic drive-in.

Cake eater!
JJ

David Love AI27
01-17-2011, 02:50 PM
sonic ice?

The BEST ice is Sonic ice.
Come on Al, Sonic drive-in.

Cake eater!
JJ

Route 44 sprite and Southern Comfort

Fbody383
01-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Thought about buying Varner's <cough>mustang<cough> since my 4th gen kept biting me... all I was trying to do was swap PS pumps so I could give James' back.

But I couldn't imagine having that much car and still being slow. Oh well, PS pump drama still not as bad at 18" Toyo drama.

edrock96GT
01-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Went out and bought a toy hauler today (yay no more driving to the track!) and to celebrate, I went and got some Panda Express...then my fortune cookie said "important events are in your future".

10 days from MSR-H...

Coincidence? :)

michaelmosty
01-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Yummmmm, Orange Chicken.
Oh, and congrats on the hauler.

Fbody383
01-20-2011, 10:18 PM
Battery light comes on in the M3 about 1/2 mile from the office this morning.

Diagnostic charge $80
Labor to change alternator $280
New Bosch 140amp alternator $590

Having a car to borrow while I do it my self... Priceless.

ShadowBolt
01-21-2011, 09:07 AM

Diagnostic charge $80

Note to self......NEVER buy a car that the alternator cost $590.00.

The one for my Lightning are higher than I would have thought. WOW!

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php

JJ

Rob Liebbe
01-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Ask Cupcake Covini how much the alternator was going to cost on his Focus. I think it was about $1200 installed at a Ford dealer. :shock: :shock:

AllZWay
01-21-2011, 09:48 AM

Diagnostic charge $80

Note to self......NEVER buy a car that the alternator cost $590.00.

The one for my Lightning are higher than I would have thought. WOW!

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php

JJ

I was actually thinking the same thing. There is a nice looking used BMW 330i sitting on a car lot I drive by ever day and I was kind of thinking about seeing what I could get it for.....but I don't need a car with parts that expensive. :shock:

jeffburch
01-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Ask Cupcake Covini how much the alternator was going to cost on his Focus. I think it was about $1200 installed at a Ford dealer. :shock: :shock:

I've done this on my focus.
I'm sure it was mostly labor.
The car was built around the alternator.

jb

Todd Covini
01-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Yup Jeff....car built around the alternator...and the Supercharger added on top!

I've pushed the car into the backyard and will get to the S/C upgrade and alternator replacement when I have time & money....next month hopefully. :oops: :?:

-=- Todd

Mrs. Crumpacker
01-22-2011, 09:28 PM
I went duck hunting. First hunting trip ever and I brought a Woodie home to be mounted... :wink: :lol:

mitchntx
01-22-2011, 10:51 PM
I brought a Woodie home to be mounted... :wink: :lol:

Enjoy'em while you can, Sam.

"Group D to grid ... Group Drama to grid."

Todd Covini
01-23-2011, 10:24 AM
I went duck hunting. First hunting trip ever and I brought a Woodie home to be mounted... :wink: :lol:

But....but....Sam was at the Dyno with us!?! :shock:

GlennCMC70
01-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Pulled the drivetrain and a few last bits from 'ol #70 today w/ help from Mitch and Mike. Pulled the last of the wiring yesterday. Pushed the remaining hull to the back corner of the back yard.

I'm off to the garage now to see if the block is cracked. I found a freeze plug pushed out yesterday. The car has sat out in the trailer since I wrecked it. Seems we had a 24hr period where the temps sayed below freezing. I thought I was safe. Guess not. I had already removed the radiator and thought that was good enough.

marshall_mosty
01-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Pulled the drivetrain and a few last bits from 'ol #70 today w/ help from Mitch and Mike. Pulled the last of the wiring yesterday. Pushed the remaining hull to the back corner of the back yard.

I'm off to the garage now to see if the block is cracked. I found a freeze plug pushed out yesterday. The car has sat out in the trailer since I wrecked it. Seems we had a 24hr period where the temps sayed below freezing. I thought I was safe. Guess not. I had already removed the radiator and thought that was good enough.
See you with the new car at Houston!!! Get to work!! :)

GlennCMC70
01-23-2011, 05:02 PM

See you with the new car at Houston!!! Get to work!! :)

I'll show you up at MSR-C.
Still gotta swap heads and finish installing the engine harness.

marshall_mosty
01-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Looking forward to seeing the finished product. you are still coming to MSR-H just to hang out?