PDA

View Full Version : So, what did you do today?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Adam Ginsberg
03-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Homestead/Miami Rolex-GT race.

http://www.shrackracing.com/images/rolex-miami-2008/CIMG0163.JPG

In numeric order to

http://www.shrackracing.com/images/rolex-miami-2008/CIMG0231.JPG

I'm not going to post who the winner in DP or GT was, so those who Tivo'd/DVR'd the race can enjoy it.

Chuck
03-29-2008, 10:13 PM
You lucky bastard!

Nice pics!!

Chuck

AllZWay
03-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Cool.... I would sure like to drive one of those DP.

Adam Ginsberg
03-30-2008, 08:04 AM
It was allot of fun....a whole festival called "Speed Jam 2008". Rides, games and such for the kids, with a concert w/3 Doors Down between the Rolex and Indy races.

The DP cars are very cool, indeed...I've always liked them.

donovan
03-30-2008, 08:54 AM
I hate you!

DD

Rob Liebbe
03-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Very cool, Adam.

Yesterday, my oldest son and I took a 30 minute flight in a B-17 Flying Fortress.

This morning, I got to unclog a backed-up sewer line.

This afternoon, I'll go to TWS and hang out for a bit.

You take the good with the bad.

mitchntx
03-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Last night, I kept all of you safe by communicating with all plant employees about plant mode, ORAM status and applicable DIDs.

:?

Adam Ginsberg
03-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Yesterday, my oldest son and I took a 30 minute flight in a B-17 Flying Fortress.

Now that is damn cool, Rob.

Todd Covini
03-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Well there's the answer to Al Fernandez' call this morning asking "What the hell is up with the B17's hovering over my house?".

It also validates my belief that Rob would know and somehow be involved.

Adam...very cool. Jetsetting to LA & Miami and such. Sheesh...quite the life. Did you take that Gainsco job as a "racecar driver"?

-=- Todd

PS- I'm preparing powerpoint presentations for an all day Monday offsite meeting as well as figuring out what homes & schools I'll visit on Tue in Beaumont. :roll:

jeffburch
03-30-2008, 02:17 PM
12 hour day working on racecar :P

jb

Rob Liebbe
03-30-2008, 08:04 PM

jb

The reason he is the champ.

Todd Covini
03-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Tony's baseball game was near Hooks airport this afternoon....saw the B17 and other old planes taking off & landing. It was a pretty cool sight.

donovan
03-30-2008, 10:48 PM

jb

Mine was about 10 hours working on the car... and accomplished nothing. Still have lots to do...

DD

GlennCMC70
03-30-2008, 11:48 PM
i only spent about 10 working on mine. but i spent 3 hours working on Enduro stuff too.
WOW.... it takes allot to organize one of these Enduro's from a Team standpoint.

Al Fernandez
03-31-2008, 07:29 AM
Make no mistake, enduros take a lot of work.

Liebbe...whats the story? I would've LOVED to take a ride in that B17!!!

ShadowBolt
03-31-2008, 07:52 AM
My company did some sheet metal, work on the Devil Dog (B-25).

http://www.devildogsquadron.com/

We made a new panel and some other pieces. When they got it all back together they had all that donated out to the airport for a fun "thank you" day. Right after takeoff I walked around to the waist gunner sites then back to the tail gunner position. Wow those boys were hard as nails. The prop noise is really bad even with today's headsets. Back in the 40's they were not near as good so no wonder those men went deaf at an early age. Then they called me to the front to let me fly the plane. WOW what a deal. After flying for a while the pilot told me to "fly her like she was mine" so I did several turns. I ask him if he was holding the wheel (yoke)....he said no that the airplane is just that heavy in pitch. He had me put it in a dive to about 250 MPH then do a climbing turn. You would not believe the pressure it took to pull the airplane up out of the dive. I used to watch the old movies where two guys try to pull up out of a dive and thought it was BS ......well it's not. With no hydraulics the heavier and faster a plane is the heavier the control forces are.

JJ

Rob Liebbe
03-31-2008, 09:22 AM
B17 ride was indeed very cool. We got to move around inside the plane, everywhere except the tail gun and cockpit. They even had the convertible top remove just aft of the top turret and you could stick your head up into the airstream at 160 mph.

The planes are part of the Collings Foundation and are on national tour. They hop from city to city. They have been to Dallas already, but San Antonio and Austin are coming up on the schedule. Rides are available to anyone for a "nominal" tax deductible donation.

http://www.collingsfoundation.org/cf_schedule-wof.htm

AI#97
03-31-2008, 09:44 AM
Put two quarts of oil in the race car. Did several rain/wet sessions at TWS. Won an exhibition race. Had a lot of fun with the SVTOA gang of instructors and got to beat on a 550rwhp GT500.

I think I found a full second or more this weekend at TWS with the setup changes so it was a VERY productive weekend! :twisted:

evarner
03-31-2008, 11:28 AM
I've always wanted to go up in a B-17, B-25 or P-51. Awesome opportunity there!

Kari and I got to hang out with Jack Beckman on Saturday. He's the #2 points driver in Top Fuel Funny Car. I used to work with him in the 80's while in the USAF stationed at Cannon AFB/Clovis NM. Different world for sure in the pits and working on those cars.

Fun time!

http://www.tek-racing.net/FastJack.jpg

Waco Racer
03-31-2008, 02:41 PM
Jack sure got it sideways on Sunday. Heck of a good save. Are you coming to the Dallas race?

evarner
03-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Jack sure got it sideways on Sunday. Heck of a good save. Are you coming to the Dallas race?

My plan is to possibly make it to Ennis for either the Friday or Saturday runs. This time I will be coming up later and then hanging out with Jack in the evening with some BBQ..etc. More time to BS about the "old" days in Clovis. lol

.....more later

oz98cobra
03-31-2008, 07:05 PM

I think I found a full second or more this weekend at TWS with the setup changes so it was a VERY productive weekend! :twisted:

Good thing too Matt - you're gonna need it - we finally have that missing appendage on the car now .. and it works very nicely too :wink:

http://www.hart-photography.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=365258

AI#97
03-31-2008, 07:25 PM

Good thing too Matt - you're gonna need it - we finally have that missing appendage on the car now .. and it works very nicely too :wink:

http://www.hart-photography.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=365258

Car looks good D. I also see what you are saying about the grading off the track edge!! :shock:

Just be sure to remind Mason to stay on track! ;)

Todd Covini
03-31-2008, 08:07 PM
Man...there's like 3 or 4 threads amongst this one thread!
Looks like everyone other than me is doing some pretty cool stuff.

Go easy, Matt.
Even though Mason's an awesome driver with a bunch of experience, he's still an AI/CMC Rookie. When I talked to him after his off at MSRC, he was taking it pretty hard and needs a little room from the former AI ROTY.

Eric...very cool stuff and even cooler that you were "representin" with your AI/CMC shirt at the Drags! Bet being with the top dawgs of drag racing brought back some old memories.

Rob....pretty substantial tax donation there on the B17 ride....kids get to go too for that ticket price?

Adam...sounds like you weren't the only one doing cool stuff this weekend. Pretty cool when we can all come back to one place and share after all was said & done.

-=- T

PS- Powerpoint went well today...and I've got a busy Beaumont day planned tomorrow. Relocating is a ton of work!!!

AI#97
03-31-2008, 09:13 PM
Go easy, Matt.
Even though Mason's an awesome driver with a bunch of experience, he's still an AI/CMC Rookie. When I talked to him after his off at MSRC, he was taking it pretty hard and needs a little room from the former AI ROTY.

Todd, I know Mason was being hard on himself but shit happens and you got to get back on the horse. I know that is what Daron was probably telling him!

It's all good... :D

Adam Ginsberg
05-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Laguna Seca Rolex DP and GT race:

http://www.shrackracing.com/images/rolex-laguna-2008/CIMG0023.JPG

In numeric order to

http://www.shrackracing.com/images/rolex-laguna-2008/CIMG0149.JPG

However,

http://www.shrackracing.com/images/rolex-laguna-2008/CIMG0141.AVI is a short 30sec movie clip (no sound) of the DP and GT cars coming down through the corkscrew.

Just started uploading @ 2:11pm PT - it'll take another ~30min or so to complete. These are LARGE images (2240x1680, ~1.7MB each).

Nick Ham/Sylvain Tremblay lead much of the race from the green right until the last lap - Ham got the entrance to the corkscrew wrong (think he got into the dust/crap on driver right), put it into the gravel on this inside of the corkscrew, nearly looped it, and handed it over to Kelly Collins/Paul Edwards.

Enjoy.

Rob Liebbe
05-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Every time this thread comes up I've been in another airplane. This time an ULTRA COOOOLLL 737-800 outfitted in Continental Airlines livery on a direct flight from Houston to Detroit. Good Times. :roll:

AllZWay
05-18-2008, 07:14 PM
I have been in Disney World for few days now with the family prior to my conference that starts tomorrow.

I am still looking for the Toe Jam (Seth Ginsberg) wing. I am sure it is only a matter of time.

My new job allowed me to bring the family and even come few days early...just had to pay their air to get here.

jeffburch
05-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Sand-sand-sand.
Draw fresh draft.
Spray primer.
Sand-sand.
Draw draft.
Sand-sand-sand.
Spray base coat.
Draw draft.
Draw draft.
Only 5 weeks.
Plenty of time.
Draw draft.
AHhhhhh.

jb

Todd Covini
05-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Get storage unit.
Move 40 boxes of crap & misc. surplus furniture (including Mustang fenders, doors, k-member, rear quarters, etc.)

Get 20 ft ladder.
Powerwash entire house and gutters to make it shine.

Get suitcase.
Pack bag and leave for Beaumont at 5AM.

Next week...same thing, different tasks.
Man do I wish I was at Laguna Seca. :roll:

Adam Ginsberg
05-19-2008, 02:19 AM
Stopped on the way back from Laguna, stayed at my sister's place in Grove Beach (near SLO) for the night, came back to Ventura and took it easy for the day.

Busy week coming up - appt's for both Seth and I, plus a full day to prep the car for this coming weekend's WSIR race.

Cinch it up!

Rob Liebbe
05-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Today - Spent the day at Ford Proving Ground in Romeo Michigan doing some vehicle testing. Going back tomorrow.

Rsmith350
05-20-2008, 06:36 AM
I may be going to buy a new truck today.... :shock:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=244170353&dealer_id=8701969&car_year=2007&model=15SIPU4WD&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=2006&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=25&marketZipError=false&color2=&search_lang=en&make=GMC&keywords_display=&color=BLACK&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=77581&advanced=y&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=15

BlueFirePony
05-27-2008, 03:49 PM
-Put two roasts on the smoker
-Notched out the slots and test fitted the tow eyes front and back.
-Put on a rack of ribs and a violated chicken on the smoker
-Pulled the driver and passenger door panels, window motors and windows
-Watched a flight of (P51s?) take off and wished I was up there
-Put a dozen ears of corn on the grill
-Drank a few beers and other assorted drinks while watching the Rolex GT race with friends
-ate some excellent food and finished off the beer
-Stared at the car for about 30 minutes thinking of creative ways to fix the aero on the front end

Did you catch the part about me actually working on the car..ok, working is a bit too much...how about tinkering.

Rsmith350
05-27-2008, 04:34 PM
sounds like a nice day.

Adam Ginsberg
05-28-2008, 11:07 AM
Spent the weekend racing @ WSIR, watched the Rolex and F1 race on Monday.

Laid down a personal best of 1:37.584. Not my best weekend of racing.

AI#97
05-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Spent the weekend racing @ WSIR, watched the Rolex and F1 race on Monday.

Laid down a personal best of 1:37.584. Not my best weekend of racing.

8 seconds off the AI pace? You must have been struggling?!

Adam Ginsberg
05-28-2008, 01:24 PM
8 seconds off the AI pace? You must have been struggling?!

WSIR is a big balls, big horsepower track. Fastest CMC lap that weekend was a 1:37.2xx ( Jeremy and Mike Plum ). Being .3 off of that, with only 8 sessions total (2, 40min sessions in 2004, 3 sessions on Sat, 3 on Sun) isn't so bad. During the OTC, my best was a 1:43.727, LT's best was a 1:40.895.

Although, Dave Schotz posted a 1:34.8 during the Sunday practice in his 3rd gen CMC car ( his Dad's name actually appears in the mylaps.com results, but Dave was driving ).

Ryan Walton has been flat out hooked UP at the past 2 events. He can drive.

After Saturday's very nasty incident @ T9, I think a few folks were holding back a tad (I know I was).

Rob Liebbe
05-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Back to the What did you do today thread:

I went to the Don Garlits Drag Racing Museum in Ocala, Florida today. I only had about 45 minutes in the place and my camera battery died halfway through that, but it is a very cool place with tons of cars and memorabilia. Definitely worth the stop if you are ever in the area.

Rob - someday they'll have a museum about me - Liebbe

ShadowBolt
05-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Back to the What did you do today thread:

I went to the Don Garlits Drag Racing Museum in Ocala, Florida today. I only had about 45 minutes in the place and my camera battery died halfway through that, but it is a very cool place with tons of cars and memorabilia. Definitely worth the stop if you are ever in the area.

Been there done that.....it is COOOOOOL.

JJ

Todd Covini
05-28-2008, 10:55 PM
BTDT, Rob....I have family that live down the road at that exit. Visiting them usually means an update visit to Big Daddy's.

-=- T

PS- Guess I'll have to call Adam back to hear about the incident last weekend at WSIR.

Adam Ginsberg
07-21-2008, 11:41 AM
My oldest son, Ray, and I attended the 2008 MotoGP at Laguna Seca yesterday. Big thanks to Nick Steel for the tickets.

Huge, huge event...unbelievable. It's great to see such large crowds for a road race event, but a real shame Rolex, Grand Am, Koni Challenge, etc, can't draw the same numbers.

The weather was great - a bit overcast most of the day until the GP race, mid-60's, nice breeze, lot's of good eye candy. :)

Enjoy.

http://www.shrackracing.com/images/2008-motogp/CIMG0182.JPG

in order to (skip #209, 224, and 225)....

http://www.shrackracing.com/images/2008-motogp/CIMG0253.JPG

Rsmith350
07-21-2008, 07:10 PM
AWWW man! those pictures take me back! Oh to be on two wheels again.... :cry:

Fbody383
07-22-2008, 04:14 PM
AWWW man! those pictures take me back! Oh to be on two wheels again.... :cry:

This is CMC, who says you won't be on two wheels again.

Adam Ginsberg
07-22-2008, 09:05 PM

Exhibit A:

http://www.camaromustangchallenge.com/drivers/covini.jpg

GlennCMC70
07-22-2008, 09:17 PM

Exhibit A:

http://www.camaromustangchallenge.com/drivers/covini.jpg

Todd Who?
the rest of that story is he was zero wheels on the ground shortly after that shot.

Rsmith350
07-22-2008, 09:39 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a great picture! Trying to not be in the running for the "max airtime award" :shock:

michaelmosty
07-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Trying to not be in the running for the "max airtime award" :shock:
Don't do it, it's not worth it!!!! :shock:

Todd Covini
07-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Yup. I don't recommend the 2-wheel or no-wheel action in CMC.
Fun at first, but costly in the end.
There are faster ways around the track and Step 1 is staying on the dark surface within the red/white striped lines.

Back on topic...
What did I do today?
I think I bought a house.

mitchntx
07-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Back on topic...
What did I do today?
I think I bought a house.

So THAT'S why oil is down and the dollar is up ... Todd-enomics ...

silversvo
07-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Todd,

I hope I can call you in a few days and tell you congrats on the new house.

Todd Covini
09-24-2008, 10:21 PM
What did I do today?

...put all of my "stuff" into two Allied 18 wheelers and watched them drive away. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Next chapter....Beaumont....French Cajun translation...."Beautiful Mountain".

Adam Ginsberg
09-24-2008, 11:54 PM
...put all of my "stuff" into two Allied 18 wheelers and watched them drive away. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Two 18-wheelers? Damn Todd, you need to downsize. ;)

Congrats on finally get'n moving.

FWIW - I've been a painting fo' over the past ~2 weeks. It never ceases to amaze me how little imagination some folks have..."Color??!! Oh my word, how can you live with color??!!"

Paint, new carpet, cleaning out years of accumulated stuff. Getting ready for another drive back to LA.....

AllZWay
09-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Not what I am doing today....but what I am doing on Sunday.

I'll be front row for the Cowboys vs. Redskins. WoooHOOO.

A local doctor has 6 front row tickets behind the Cowboys bench and I usually get to go to one game a year with him.

Of course all that changes next year....The Boss Hogg bowl was going to cost him $50,000 per seat for a PSL, then season tickets.

He is still going to have season tickets, but higher up in the new stadium.

Good luck on the move Todd and Adam.

AI#97
09-25-2008, 09:15 AM
FWIW - I've been a painting fo' over the past ~2 weeks. It never ceases to amaze me how little imagination some folks have..."Color??!! Oh my word, how can you live with color??!!"

Actually Adam, those pictures you posted a few days ago of your place made me think that someone ate a bunch of crayons and exploded in your house! Way too "out there" for the typical Dallas Soccer Mom.

Al Fernandez
09-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Today I am getting on a plane and going to Australia...again! :lol:

David Love AI27
09-28-2008, 09:11 AM
TODAY... I am checking the employment ads to find a job... Was laid off yesterday after two weeks of 12 hour days... up side: I needed the time off... down side: I needed the paycheck to race at ECR... anyone hiring in the Houston area????

Rob Liebbe
09-28-2008, 09:19 AM
That really SUCKS. I'll keep my eyes open for you.

mitchntx
09-28-2008, 10:09 AM
TODAY... I am checking the employment ads to find a job... Was laid off yesterday after two weeks of 12 hour days... up side: I needed the time off... down side: I needed the paycheck to race at ECR... anyone hiring in the Houston area????

Damn ... sorry to hear that David. That jst sucks.

David Love AI27
09-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks for your words of support but I'm not down about it... I have not had a vacation in two years and the timing is good to prep for ERC and Lemons race... I have earmarked funds for the lemons race and
I am going to prep for ERC in hopes of funds from odd jobs here and there... if any of you local guys need yard work, fence repairs, minor home repairs or maintenence on your wives cars (and you all know what I mean, we would rather change a tranny on the racer instead of changing the oil on the wife's car)... drop me a line... I'ts all good at Love in it Racing...

David Love AI27
09-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks for your words of support but I'm not down about it... I have not had a vacation in two years and the timing is good to prep for ERC and Lemons race... I have earmarked funds for the lemons race and
I am going to prep for ERC in hopes of funds from odd jobs here and there... if any of you local guys need yard work, fence repairs, minor home repairs or maintenence on your wives cars (and you all know what I mean, we would rather change a tranny on the racer instead of changing the oil on the wife's car)... drop me a line... I'ts all good at Love in it Racing...

rpoz27
09-28-2008, 01:23 PM
DL - I'll ask around. Email sent.

Al Fernandez
09-29-2008, 03:07 AM
Sorry to hear it DL. Good luck on the hunt, let me know if there is anything I can do.

Todd Covini
09-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Move to Beaumont, David.
Plenty of area refinery projects/restoration work.
Not enough labor.

If you've got any skills like instrumentation, electrical, welding, pipefitting, etc.....plenty of work in Beaumont.

I'm seeing tree cutting services, laborers, trucks etc. in town from as far away as Florida!

-=- Todd

Adam Ginsberg
09-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Sorry to hear of the trouble, Dave. Things have a tendency to work out for the best.

What did I do the past 2 days? Drove ~1550mi back to SoCal, trailering Seth's car.

Drive, work, fly, work, paint, work, drive, work, fly, work, paint, work, drive. That's been my schedule for over a month.....

David Love AI27
10-02-2008, 01:59 AM
Sorry to hear of the trouble, Dave. Things have a tendency to work out for the best.

What did I do the past 2 days? Drove ~1550mi back to SoCal, trailering Seth's car.

Drive, work, fly, work, paint, work, drive, work, fly, work, paint, work, drive. That's been my schedule for over a month.....

Absolutely right, nothing more than a four day weekend in two years...Gonna take three weeks off.. TDE this weekend, ECR the next and Lemons race after that... Gonna be a great October.... I hope Jason will give me some seat time at ECR that would complete the deal...

silversvo
10-24-2008, 03:47 AM
David, call me when you get the chance.

mitchntx
12-29-2008, 06:32 PM
To bring back an old thread ...

What did I do today?

I waited around the house till the septic tank sucker truck showed and my tanks were pumped out. :roll:

Ah ... life in the country ...

silversvo
12-30-2008, 12:44 AM
Since Mitch brought up this old thread, I decided I would add to it...

I worked on the rig and got about 4 hours of sleep... Downtime always sucks for the oil and gas industry...

I would rather be home watching someone suck the crap out of my septic tanks than work as much as I have been... I am just thankful that I have a job still. :)

Todd Covini
12-30-2008, 12:45 AM
Mitch, I always knew you were full of.....ahhh, nevermind. :lol:

What did I do today?
Installed a new microwave at my parents home in Tampa.
(After nearly a week of holiday eating & drinking, thought we should be productive come Monday morning.)
The experience of working alongside my Dad was just as painful as my teenage memories...and I savored every minute of his tool throwing tyrades with such a simple job. So much more comical today.

Family quirks and squabbles are so typical this time of year, but as many of you know, these are the best of times...because those family members won't always be there. Enjoy it now....

-=- Todd

David Love AI27
12-30-2008, 08:22 AM
I'll tell you what I didn't do... didn't work in the shop.. :x didn't get race car off the trailer to prep for first race... :x didn't get the Mustang ready for TT... :x

evarner
12-30-2008, 08:55 AM
You guys have all the fun. :D

I managed to digitize a lot of my old drag racing (I know, I know booooo!!) videos from 8-10yrs ago.

A collection of Mustangs that I used to drag race..
http://www.tek-racing.net/dragit.wmv

Yep, before I found road racing was much more.....satisfying. :lol:

mitchntx
12-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Many of these guys don't realize your were a stud of the strip long before you became master of twisties.

michaelmosty
12-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Sweet video Eric. No wonder you kicked everyones ass on the standing starts. :)

marshall_mosty
12-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Sweet video Eric. No wonder you kicked everyones ass on the standing starts. :)

I always hated to grid anywhere in front of Eric during a standing start. No matter how "good" I thought my launch was, Eric we right there beside me... :)

jeffburch
12-30-2008, 11:15 PM
I miss you EV.
jb

evarner
12-31-2008, 10:36 AM
I hope to come out and hang with you all at the events - taking some pics and videos in some (hopefully) unique ways.

All I need is a CMC car with no top that I could mount 6-7 cameras on for clear viewing 360*. Anyone have one laying around? :lol: 8)

Al Fernandez
12-31-2008, 10:56 AM
I do! :lol:

GlennCMC70
12-31-2008, 11:00 AM
Eric, i'll be bringing mineand Mitch's Go Pro Hero Camera. feel free to use it too. i stil have plans of picking up a 2nd one w/the wide angle lens.

AI#97
12-31-2008, 11:46 AM
. i stil have plans of picking up a 2nd one w/the wide angle lens.

Is that for the in-car/driver shots so you can get your all of your head in it the picture now?! :wink:

BOOM and he knocks one out of the park!!!! :lol:

David Love AI27
12-31-2008, 11:50 AM

Is that for the in-car/driver shots so you can get your all of your head in it the picture now?! :wink:

Matt, maybe you could give him some advice... :twisted:

AI#97
12-31-2008, 11:53 AM

Mine downsized over the last 2 years... I am just another face in the crowd and even that is going to be a stretch soon. No promises but I might start being referred to as "Matt who?".

<---Working on other parts of life right now.

David Love AI27
12-31-2008, 11:58 AM

Mine downsized over the last 2 years... I am just another face in the crowd and even that is going to be a stretch soon. No promises but I might start being referred to as "Matt who?".

<---Working on other parts of life right now.

Don't think so... in our neighborhood the question is "who is MFW"...

5 daily drivers on my street alone with "MFW for pres" stickers...

ShadowBolt
12-31-2008, 03:22 PM
We just pulled into Telluride. Will post pics later. Beautiful here with over 70" base.

JJ

BlueFirePony
12-31-2008, 04:34 PM
I am just another face in the crowd and even that is going to be a stretch soon. No promises but I might start being referred to as "Matt who?".

Matt, your legend is fixed forever, hell, even the import guys know who you are...I went with a friend of the family when he was having his WRX tuned the other day and two of the Suburu junkies knew you as MFW!! :shock:

Back on topic...working on smoking 3 racks of ribs, two roasts, bunch o' bacon, dozen spuds...and generally eating and drinking myself into a coma. See you all on the flip side - errr...that's Next year, not next lifetime :)

GlennCMC70
01-01-2009, 06:59 PM
well i R&R'ed the trans for a pilot bearing. Thanks Mitch.
i'm about to tackle cutting off my subframe connectors.
finished up my new radiator air box this morning.
last weekend i installed OEM headlamps for the April enduro.

AI#97
01-01-2009, 09:19 PM
well i R&R'ed the trans for a pilot bearing. Thanks Mitch.
i'm about to tackle cutting off my subframe connectors.
finished up my new radiator air box this morning.
last weekend i installed OEM headlamps for the April enduro.

So what is up with you and mitch cutting off the subs?

GlennCMC70
01-01-2009, 09:56 PM
well its mostly due to an unrealistic minimum weight set for 4th gens. proof is that all other platforms in our region can be found that have a need for ballast even for a 20 minute race. not one 4th gen (LT1) does. some may for a 40, but not a 20. my car came to me w/ them and i was trying to avoid cutting them at any cost. but after trying to reason w/ the other directors 2 years running that the 4th gens need some help getting down to minimum by allowing OEM front and rear impact beams to be removed (for all platforms) and things like that. i gave up this year and came to the realization that unless your 180lbs, the answer your given it to loose weight. since my next car doesn't have subs on it, i decided to use this chance to see how it affects the car handling wise and if its a negative impact, i already have them cut off to add to the new car.

Adam Ginsberg
01-01-2009, 11:20 PM
well its mostly due to an unrealistic minimum weight set for 4th gens.

Same song, different verse, could be better, but it's always worse. Sounds like a broken record.

Bullshit. 4th gens can get to the minimum - seen it with my own eyes in TX and CA. And not with a 180lb driver....but then, we should change the rules because some drivers are heavier than others.

GlennCMC70
01-01-2009, 11:44 PM
my point of reference is starting the race w/a full fuel load. so the first time you saw it, the car was out of gas due to a non-working fuel guage durring my first race weekend w/ a couple parts missing due to the wreck. , the 2nd time was less than half a tank.

and Adam - i've had you tell me numerous times your feelings on this issue - but no one asked you. however, i was asked why , and the above is my reasons. so who pulled your chain?

AI#97
01-02-2009, 07:33 AM
. i gave up this year and came to the realization that unless your 180lbs, the answer your given it to loose weight.

Just a suggestion but one that will help you feel better and have more energy but why don't YOU lose some weight? I have taken it upon myself to lose weight and have lost 20lbs since mid November and maintained weight through the eating season. Goal is to lose another 35lbs. This is going to benefit me for health reasons and the car at the track for balance. There isn't much more I want to remove from the car, or can cheaply, so I am going to lose the other half from the driver.

GlennCMC70
01-02-2009, 09:24 AM
my plans include me loosing weight. my goal is 40 lbs. but its not like i'm a walking tub of fat. i'm 6'2" at 240. by military standards (USMC not NAVY), i'm only 20lbs over weight. we should have minimum weights set that will allow people of the "big & tall" body type to still arrive at the platforms minimum. at this time, thats not the case. we all cant be horse jockey's.

the reason i've found myself at 240 is i have a bad back. it comes and goes but running and stuff like that aggravates it.

AI#97
01-02-2009, 10:11 AM
my plans include me loosing weight. my goal is 40 lbs. but its not like i'm a walking tub of fat. i'm 6'2" at 240. by military standards (USMC not NAVY), i'm only 20lbs over weight. we should have minimum weights set that will allow people of the "big & tall" body type to still arrive at the platforms minimum. at this time, thats not the case. we all cant be horse jockey's.

the reason i've found myself at 240 is i have a bad back. it comes and goes but running and stuff like that aggravates it.

Not to take this too far off topic but I had cut sugar, cokes and junk food out of my diet and decreased my calorie intake from 3000/day to 1500/day and GAINED weight. I found myself at 254 at the beginning of November and got shocked. I have tried this new diet ONLY and have dropped 20 lbs in no time at all. I am hoping that my increase in activity at the house and a light workout program is going to get me down to 200-205 by April. This is something I have needed to do for a long time...

ShadowBolt
01-02-2009, 10:29 AM
http://www.precisionautoaccessories.com/CMC/DSC04639.JPG

Here is the view from our room. The best vacation would be to come up here to ski and then drop by and race with the RM guys on the way home. Not any tracks in this part of SW Colorado.

JJ

GlennCMC70
01-02-2009, 10:51 AM
also. the subs were 25lbs for the pair.

rpoz27
01-02-2009, 06:27 PM
I drove part of the TWS oval. FUN! My son wanted to go again when he finally looked up from his Nintendo and saw where we were and what we were doing. He first looked out the front windshield and didn't notice anything special until he looked out the passenger window. Then he got excited. I had to promise to take him back out when it's all done.

Couldn't drive all of it because the crew was still working. Resurfacing agent is down on NASCAR 1-2 & 3-4. Long straights not done yet. Don't know how it'll be when it's all done and we've had a chance to set it, but what little I drove today felt fine. Looks fantastic, too. We've also put the resurfacing goo on turns 8-9.

Todd Covini
01-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Oooohhhh, Jerry.....very nice.
I'll see you one Telluride and try to raise you. :wink:

I just got back from the Bahamas, Disney Cruise for New Years Eve.
Once we got off the big boat in Cape Canaveral, I headed to the Daytona Rolex 24 test days.

Pics and more on that later....still tired from the 1000 mile drive today.

-=- Todd

PS - Glenn...with a signature addy like yours (i.e.- regional champ....national champ, etc, etc) , do you really think you still need to be asking for more concessions of "those other dang directors" or anyone else? :wink:

GlennCMC70
01-05-2009, 10:15 PM
my fat ass is keeping my talent at bay. but watch out, i'm now eating at Subway!

jeffburch
01-05-2009, 10:35 PM
PS - Glenn...with a signature addy like yours (i.e.- regional champ....national champ, etc, etc) , do you really think you still need to be asking for more concessions of "those other dang directors" or anyone else? :wink:

Think of it as Clark W. Griswold syndrome, or his 14 pieces of cheer.

jb

David Love AI27
01-05-2009, 10:44 PM
I would take Misti's ride around the high banks of TWS over Tulluride or Disney Cruise, ANYDAY!!!

ShadowBolt
01-05-2009, 11:08 PM
I would take Misti's ride around the high banks of TWS over Tulluride or Disney Cruise, ANYDAY!!!

I assume you have never skied in Telluride.

JJ

Adam Ginsberg
01-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Think of it as Clark W. Griswold syndrome, or his 14 pieces of cheer.

It's "flair", JB, "flair".

David Love AI27
01-05-2009, 11:36 PM

I assume you have never skied in Telluride.

JJ

LOL...,nope never skied :? ... no coorination :oops: ... hell I can't keep a car on track with sticky tires... imagine me on a slick surface :shock: :shock: :shock:

Have pictures of me as a little kid in 10 foot snow drifts... never liked the cold after that....

AI#97
01-06-2009, 12:51 AM
my fat ass is keeping my talent at bay. but watch out, i'm now eating at Subway!

Don't eat the bread! Carbs are what are killing us fat asses in our later years... If I stick to my plan, you ain't going to recognize me at Cresson....or the car! ;)

GlennCMC70
01-06-2009, 09:42 AM

Don't eat the bread! Carbs are what are killing us fat asses in our later years... If I stick to my plan, you ain't going to recognize me at Cresson....or the car! ;)

that will last till you open your mouth. :lol:

rpoz27
01-06-2009, 10:49 AM

May do it again on Thursday, if weather is dry and warm (over 60). Looks like it will be. Want to come run, DL, if we do it? I'll probably be in my truck or M's BMW. You don't need to load any of the race cars. We just need weight and rubber on the track surface.

BTW, are you instructing on January 17 & 18?

ShadowBolt
01-06-2009, 10:53 AM

May do it again on Thursday, if weather is dry and warm (over 60). Looks like it will be. Want to come run, DL, if we do it? I'll probably be in my truck or M's BMW. You don't need to load any of the race cars. We just need weight and rubber on the track surface.

See David, ask and ye shall receive. That was a very nice offer.

JJ

David Love AI27
01-06-2009, 12:52 PM

YES and YES!!!!

Now I know how a kid feels in the "Make a Wish" program :D ... just without all the bad stuff :(

If you are teasin' me I will SSSOOOO kick your ass... :x

rpoz27
01-06-2009, 08:48 PM

YES and YES!!!!

Now I know how a kid feels in the "Make a Wish" program :D ... just without all the bad stuff :(

If you are teasin' me I will SSSOOOO kick your ass... :x

I wouldn't kid about something like that! That'd just be cruel. It's looking more likely for Thursday. Will let you know for sure tomorrow.

David Love AI27
01-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Ever see the commercial about the kid who can't sleep cuz he is gonin' to Disneyworld....

Todd Covini
01-15-2009, 11:24 PM
Yup! That's the way I felt last week on my first day on the job as a Grand Am official!

(I'm the skinny guy on the right getting schooled.)

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/8654/270816.jpg

Al Fernandez
01-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Very nice Todd...very nice. Make sure you bring a camera to the 24

Waco Racer
01-16-2009, 08:46 AM
The "special needs" helmet doesn't add much to your credibility.

AI#97
01-16-2009, 09:20 AM

All the way from the cheap seats!!!! SMACK!!!!

Wirtz
01-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Cool stuff Todd, looking forward to some reports from the field.

Todd Covini
01-19-2009, 10:36 PM

Laugh now, Smarty Pants. :lol:
Grand Am For 2009 - Helmets on pit road officials and head restraint nets on BOTH left & right sides of driver, regardless of seat design.

Laugh now...for it will be coming our way. These types of things tend to have a way of trickling down to our events at some point or another.

-=- Todd

Adam Ginsberg
01-19-2009, 10:59 PM
Clifton - I'm dyin' ovah heeyah.

Grand Am For 2009 - Helmets on pit road officials and head restraint nets on BOTH left & right sides of driver, regardless of seat design.

Laugh now...for it will be coming our way. These types of things tend to have a way of trickling down to our events at some point or another.

I'm probably wasting the bandwidth, but can you get some pics of how these are mounted?? I'm very curious to see who it's done.

Todd Covini
01-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Here you go...and the window net goes in AFTER the side head restraint.
http://www.theracesite.com/index.cfm?template=pa&form_pa_id=4428&form_photo_num=47

(I'll get some pics this weekend. Safety Solutions is the only approved Grand Am head restraint.)

Waco Racer
01-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Grand Am For 2009 - Helmets on pit road officials ...

-=- Todd

Do they make those shaped like a cowboy hat?

michaelmosty
01-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Grand Am For 2009 - Helmets on pit road officials ...

-=- Todd

Do they make those shaped like a cowboy hat?
I have a cowboy hat you can borrow.

Waco Racer
01-20-2009, 10:38 AM
I have a cowboy hat you can borrow.

No thanks Sweet Cheeks. :?

Hood
01-21-2009, 08:16 AM
I have a BIG rodeo belt buckle that you can borrow as well... latch and link style :wink:

Al Fernandez
01-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Well yesterday technically...I lived vicariously through Todd. He's in Daytona right now, working as an official during the 24hrs, one of this country's greatest racing events. We were on the phone when he said he was approaching the exit for the Daytona speedway...what a cool thing 8)

mitchntx
01-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Well yesterday technically...I lived vicariously through Todd. He's in Daytona right now, working as an official during the 24hrs, one of this country's greatest racing events. We were on the phone when he said he was approaching the exit for the Daytona speedway...what a cool thing 8)

Lemme guess ... he was asking for help.

Rob Liebbe
01-21-2009, 03:11 PM
No, he was probably lost.

Adam Ginsberg
01-21-2009, 09:29 PM
On Saturday, I drove to Fresno and picked up a new hooptie:

http://www.shrackracing.com/1995-GT/17.jpg

in numeric order to

http://www.shrackracing.com/1995-GT/36.jpg

A bit rough (front brakes are toast, front suspension is very tired, a bit ghetto'd inside, some minor damage to the DS), but the AC and heater work, it runs and drives well, and I've got a good title (not salvage, not stolen!). I couldn't argue with the price - free.

"Cheap is a quality overcoming many faults."

Al Fernandez
01-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Too bad its an auto...but free? wtf?

Adam Ginsberg
01-22-2009, 10:12 AM
Too bad its an auto

"Cheap is a quality overcoming many faults."

I wasn't real happy about that either, but it can be converted.

but free? wtf?

Hard to believe, eh? It was his stepdaughter's car - they shipped it to CA from LA, she drove it until the LA regi expired. They tried to regi it in CA, but it wouldn't pass smog. They never spent any time to figure out why it wouldn't pass...they just bought her a new car. She moved back to LA, and left it here.

He simply wanted it gone. I was happy to oblige.

AllZWay
01-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Really hard to beat FREE-fitty. :lol:

Hood
01-22-2009, 03:43 PM
I've been on the phone all day trying to get my car picked up. It seems that Hanford, CA is just too 'out of the way' for most carriers to make it a priority. I just upped the bid by $100 to see if it will go through now. I'm really fretting about getting something to drive at this event. I know that it is an HPDE/driver evaluation but it would be nice to get some seat time in the car that I will be driving in CMC.

BTW, notice the avatar... get used to this view :shock:

AI#97
01-22-2009, 05:06 PM
I've been on the phone all day trying to get my car picked up. It seems that Hanford, CA is just too 'out of the way' for most carriers to make it a priority. I just upped the bid by $100 to see if it will go through now. I'm really fretting about getting something to drive at this event. I know that it is an HPDE/driver evaluation but it would be nice to get some seat time in the car that I will be driving in CMC.

I am sure your CMC breathern in Mustangs are paying bids to NOT pick up the car! ;)

michaelmosty
01-22-2009, 05:41 PM
That is the view the Mustangs will see on the inverts. :P

AllZWay
01-22-2009, 05:53 PM
That is the view the Mustangs will see on the inverts. :P

I was kind of thinking... I hope it isn't that sideways all the time. :P

Rob Liebbe
01-22-2009, 07:38 PM
More like the view as I'm going past him.

David Love AI27
01-22-2009, 07:47 PM

my car is similar, you are more than welcome to drive it in the DE sessions... seat is for small frame (no fat ass as Frank would say.. LOL)...

don't see any reason you won't get signed off quickly with your experience... may have a fox body there with a passenger seat if I find time to get it ready...

oh and there is no rental fee on either... I just like to help out and get the car count up as soon as possible...

Hood
01-23-2009, 07:28 AM
David, that sounds like a very nice offer. If the car is late getting here, I will definitely take you up on it. My ass is pretty narrow, though a bit wider than my CP auto-x days. I do have two seats (one is mounted on an F-body set of seat brackets) that can be swapped if needed. Either way, I'll at least 'rent' the wheel/tire combo or buy a loose set of RA1's from you. I'm going to Bryan, TX tonight to pick up my other set of GTA wheels and the passenger seat out of my old CP Firebird.

jeffburch
01-23-2009, 07:48 AM
When my car was shipped, the seller dropped it off at their yard there.
When I picked it up here in town, I went to their yard here.

D.A.S.
Dependable Auto Shippers.

jb

David Love AI27
01-23-2009, 08:59 AM
David, that sounds like a very nice offer. If the car is late getting here, I will definitely take you up on it. My ass is pretty narrow, though a bit wider than my CP auto-x days. I do have two seats (one is mounted on an F-body set of seat brackets) that can be swapped if needed. Either way, I'll at least 'rent' the wheel/tire combo or buy a loose set of RA1's from you. I'm going to Bryan, TX tonight to pick up my other set of GTA wheels and the passenger seat out of my old CP Firebird.

going up just for the evening??... I'm working The Driver's Edge event at TWS this weekend...

Since you are so close to me it might be easier for you to run up here to Tomball one evening and check out my inventory of tyres... heck even tonight and if we make a deal, I can take your rims and have Jason (my son) mount up the rubber...

Hood
01-23-2009, 10:26 AM
I can alter my route to go through Tomball tonight to see what you have. PM me your contact info and diretions.

David Love AI27
01-23-2009, 12:01 PM
I can alter my route to go through Tomball tonight to see what you have. PM me your contact info and diretions.

no need to PM... I'm not that private

Cell: 281-414-1738

Tyres are in a mini storage on SH 249 on the north end of Tomball just across the Spring Creek Bridge... TWS is exactly 52 miles from the stg bldg... nice run through Magnolia/Plantersville/Navasota... 1 hour to B/CS running the posted speed limit...

traffic to Tomball from where you are sucks no matter which way you go... I usually stay up VERY late, if you wanna catch me on the way back..

Reverse: 6 south to 105E to 1774 south (in Plantersville) little zig zag across the tracks in Magnolia and continue to Tomball (1774 becomes 249)

Hood
01-26-2009, 09:04 AM
David,

Call me. I've begun the desperation search for an HPDE ride. My car still has not been picked up. I have a call in to Tony G (California) and should hear something about a possible pickup today. I had about an hour conversation with Julie Bergman about the Firebird... sounds like I got a pretty decent deal on this thing.

David Love AI27
01-26-2009, 09:21 AM
David,

Call me. I've begun the desperation search for an HPDE ride. My car still has not been picked up. I have a call in to Tony G (California) and should hear something about a possible pickup today. I had about an hour conversation with Julie Bergman about the Firebird... sounds like I got a pretty decent deal on this thing.

I was at TWS all weekend and misplaced my phone, found it this morning... I'll give you a shout this afternoon..

Fbody383
01-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Poked all the people I should be sucking up to.

MSR Checklist:

1) Hood pins - check!
2) Keystone - check!
3) Diesel - check!

michaelmosty
01-30-2009, 03:02 AM
Man I'm ready to race!!!!
Jeremy flew in tonight and we got most of the last things done on his car. The only thing we still need to do at the track is put on a front toe hook and do something about the rear brakes. They were making some grinding noises that seemed a little strange, hopefully a flush of the fluid will do the trick. :D

My car is ready to go. I removed the "bling-wing" (sorry Mitch) and re-installed the mini-bling wing and will be getting it dyno'd "this" morning on the way out of town.
We should be at the track around 3:00. See ya'll there!!!

mitchntx
01-30-2009, 03:21 AM
Damn :x

Todd Covini
04-01-2009, 01:22 PM
I met with the management team at the only Mobil 1 plant in the U.S. this morning. Next week hoping to get a tour of the blending & packaging areas when I go back.

Fbody383
04-01-2009, 01:50 PM
I met with the management team at the only Mobil 1 plant in the U.S. this morning. Next week hoping to get a tour of the blending & packaging areas when I go back.

Blending might be cool... looking at a bunch of stainless vessels and valves.

Now packaging... get empty bottle, fill it... all real fast, might be neat.

Sneak out some pictures of the unpatented stuff.

Todd Covini
04-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Sneak out some pictures of the unpatented stuff.

I don't know if I'm supposed to do that. :?

http://bostonist.com/attachments/rickbang/800px-WonkaOnSteps.jpg

mitchntx
04-01-2009, 02:07 PM
:roll:

Like any corporate puppet, you should know that it's always easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

Todd Covini
04-01-2009, 02:47 PM
:roll:

Like any corporate puppet, you should know that it's always easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

OK...ok...Grandpa Joe..
http://www.prestigioushomesflatfeeservices.net/images/willy%20wonka%20jack.jpg

mitchntx
04-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Do you know how I know you are gay?

http://bostonist.com/attachments/rickbang/800px-WonkaOnSteps.jpg

OK...ok...Grandpa Joe..
http://www.prestigioushomesflatfeeservices.net/images/willy%20wonka%20jack.jpg

Todd Covini
04-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Looks like someone's having a bad reaction.

http://66.116.220.10/images/violet%20color%20400.jpg

rpoz27
04-03-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm fixing to go run the oval in the Camaro and take video for show and tell at TMS this weekend. Picked the wrong day to take off, DL!

David Love AI27
04-03-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm fixing to go run the oval in the Camaro and take video for show and tell at TMS this weekend. Picked the wrong day to take off, DL!

figures... still coughing up lime dust... be safe!!!

Todd Covini
04-03-2009, 01:21 PM
OK...I'll bite. What's going on at TMS this weekend?

AI#97
04-03-2009, 03:27 PM
OK...I'll bite. What's going on at TMS this weekend?

NASCRAP weekend...don't they have cable TV in beaumont or are you glued to the forums today? LOL!!!

Todd Covini
04-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Everything's time delayed 2 weeks in Beaumont. I hadn't heard the show was coming to town up there.

Internet's the only thing that's real-time, and yes, I seem to be monitoring the incomings a lot yesterday & today. :-)

rpoz27
04-03-2009, 05:32 PM
That was fun. 5th gear, 4200 rpms entering turn 2. No video though. Boss's camera battery was low. :(

Rob Liebbe
04-03-2009, 08:28 PM
That was fun. 5th gear, 4200 rpms entering turn 2. No video though. Boss's camera battery was low. :(

Damn - guess you'll just have to do it again. :D :D :D

David Love AI27
04-03-2009, 08:53 PM

heck I was at 5000 entering T15 in 5th... 8)

Did I say that?? :wink:

entering T2??? how fast entering 1?? thought it was a six speed??? did you take out the neg camber out of the left front??? did you take the very high line into 3 and have the car push out to the wall???

COME ON... DETAILS, DETAILS... I will NEVER take another day off!!!!

and I have go pro camara that will be forever stored at TWS unless I'm at another race

Alien
04-04-2009, 06:50 PM
David, write this down...

Next time I drive in someone elses car ask...

1. Does it have ABS?
2. How many forward gears?

*crunch!* Sorry about your reverse gear, I thought it was a 6 speed.

Todd Covini
04-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Last nite, I took my son & nephew to the local Beaumont dirt track races @ Golden Triangle Raceway Park http://motoramaspeedway.com

1/4 mile, "semi-banked" dirt oval and the water truck to maintain the track was broke...so read "dust bowl". It's been many, many years since I've been to a small dirt track...and the boys had a blast.

I called ahead of time to see if they took debit/credit cards, as I had no cash and the bank isn't on the way to the track. The track owner who answered said, "Geez...no one's ever asked us if we took credit cards before. May have to look into that...but no, cash & checks only."

When the cars rolled out on track for hot laps, the 7 & 10 year olds got those stomach butterflies and didn't know what to think. First lap around, the dirt & dust was flying and we noticed many in the crowd flipped their face shield down. (Face Shields? We toughed it out without ear plugs...people bring face shields now?)

I told the boys to pick a car as it comes on track each heat and we'll keep score as to who can best pick the winner. They were hooked with all the action "their drivers" were doing to claw, scrape & slide their way to the front. Got a couple fires, couple wall hits, lots of spins and some great racing action.

My 10 yr old nephew always picked the first car on track...a path fraught with peril. Leader never seemed to be able to maintain a lead.

I typically picked the coolest looking, baddest sounding and best sponsored car out there. Looked for signs of suspension travel & skill on the warm up lap. (Don't go there. :evil: )

My 7 yr old son typically picked the 2-4 position car...which was the winning way, as he picked the most winners of the 3 of us.

Whole other world out there. I don't know how Proctor did it those years, but it sure seems like powering off that final turn in full drift, full throttle and gettin' it to straighten out right before the wall and the flagman must be a rush.

Here's to dirt track racin' and "infecting little kids" with our sport!

-=- T

AllZWay
04-12-2009, 04:01 PM
My yougest daughter (7) has been hounding more weeks to take her back to the dirt track, so we actually went last also.

Fairly small crowd and only about 60 total cars racing, but still some good fun racing.

We did witness a really bad wreck where one car got clipped in the rear of another and a barrel roll started. Luckily the driver was okay, but take to the hospital for precautions.

Another funny accident occured. The track started a new class this call sport compacts.... front wheel drive and 4-cylinders, kick the glass out and go race.

They only had one show up last night, a young kid in a Mitsubishi Eclipse. He was dogging the car around the track and spinning out just about every lap...well he got behind on this steering exiting lap four and slammed the concrete wall head on. Poor kid...only one on the track and he wrecked. :D

donovan
04-15-2009, 06:59 PM
While everyone else was working today... this is what Corey and I did...

H2R is closed on Wednesdays... so we let ourselves in and had some fun with his new Car Skates!

http://www.vimeo.com/4172963

DD

Rob Liebbe
04-15-2009, 07:53 PM
It just sucks having to go to work instead of living the David and Corey Good Life. :(

I want to see more two wheelin' videos.

donovan
04-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Work is over rated... Its all about fun these days!!! :D

jeremiahkellam
04-15-2009, 08:10 PM
So I set the DVR based on Speed's scheduled broadcast of WC from Sebring, finished diner, sat down, turned it on, and watched an hour of AMA Prime time or some shit like that. GOTTA LOVE THE SPEED CHANNEL!!!

AI#97
04-15-2009, 08:10 PM
While everyone else was working today... this is what Corey and I did...

H2R is closed on Wednesdays... so we let ourselves in and had some fun with his new Car Skates!

http://www.vimeo.com/4172963

DD

Uh...what was the clanking sound? Rod doing some self clearancing?

Bye the way, that's pretty good practice for driving on triple 8's!!!! ;)

donovan
04-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Corey clipped a cone when we had a course layer out, the cone stopped one of the caster wheels and flat spotted it. It's amazing how much noise small flat spot makes!!

Car was fine, drove it home... But I did cord both front tires! :lol:

Todd Covini
04-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Corey clipped a cone when we had a course layer out, the cone stopped one of the caster wheels and flat spotted it. It's amazing how much noise small flat spot makes!!

"Here you go, Holly. Your car seems to making some funny noises and there's cords showing on the tires. I don't know what happened...all I did was visit Corey at the track for a few hours and came back.

Don't worry about me. I'll take my truck to the gun club tomorrow."

AI#97
04-15-2009, 08:53 PM

Well, hopefully this means you are done rebuilding version 9 of your AI car and you WILL be at TWS! :twisted:

donovan
04-15-2009, 09:54 PM
No car for TWS, could not pull it together... It's close, it will be ready for Hallett! I will not miss that event, it's my favorite track!

Todd Covini
04-15-2009, 10:13 PM
No car for TWS, could not pull it together... It's close, it will be ready for Hallett! I will not miss that event, it's my favorite track!

Well, well, well. Somebody doesn't have time to "pull it together" for a race weekend with his AI/CMC buddies but he's got time to engineer roller skates for FWD tom-foolery. HMPH. Isn't that speyshhall.
http://jaredude.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/churchlady.jpg

donovan
04-15-2009, 10:29 PM
I blame Corey... he is a bad influence... 8) DD

Todd Covini
04-15-2009, 10:40 PM

...or maybe....oh...I don't know.....SA-TAN!!!

donovan
04-15-2009, 10:58 PM
SNL is just not the same anymore!

David Love AI27
04-16-2009, 09:03 AM

...or maybe....oh...I don't know.....SA-TAN!!!

GOOD ONE... CLASSIC.... hehe

michaelmosty
05-17-2009, 05:55 PM
I finished some front end work on the Mustang.
Put on a new bumper cover and did some radiator ducting.
The car now has a new paint job on the hood, front bumper, and fender extensions. :D

I needed to give the car a fresh new look for the winners circle pictures at Hallett. :P

Waco Racer
05-17-2009, 06:11 PM
I needed to give the car a fresh new look for the winners circle pictures at Hallett. :P

OK, but, make sure you get it moved out of there so we can get pics of the race winners.

Rob Liebbe
05-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Good one Clifton!!! :lol:

NickV
05-17-2009, 08:11 PM
Today (and yesterday) Gary Roberston and I swapped in a new fuel pump setup to my car.

The backstory is my car originally came with a non-legal fuel cell (plastic box Summit Racing junk) when I purchased it last year. A few months back when we were doing the motor swap Costas and I swapped the cell out with an old factory tank from a '82 Camaro (all we had lying around), and hooked it up to an external electric pump (which makes pump swapping a breeze). Got burned for it in tech, as it is an advantage for me with a stock tank to swap pumps if need be very quickly, and got a waiver to fix it. So after some trials and tribulations with fuel stuff swapping, my car now has a late model factory fuel tank (courtesy of Gary and Laura), with complete in-tank factory fuel pump setup, and it's ready to go for Hallett :D

AI#97
05-17-2009, 08:20 PM
I went into the garage this morning, turned on the light, car was still there, turned off light and went back to sleep to dream of a new paint scheme.

GlennCMC70
05-17-2009, 08:52 PM
finally got all the mud off the car.

Rob Liebbe
05-17-2009, 08:53 PM
I went into the garage this morning, turned on the light, car was still there, turned off light and went back to sleep to dream of a new paint scheme.

How about black with a yellow RA1 tread pattern across the top?

jeffburch
05-17-2009, 09:09 PM
I Zaino'd mine.
jb

BlueFirePony
05-17-2009, 09:36 PM
I thought about my car today...actually started her up when I was home last weekend - she growled - I need to get this move over ...uhmm anyone want to buy my house ;)

AI#97
05-17-2009, 10:03 PM

How about black with a yellow RA1 tread pattern across the top?

I have actually sketched up about 15 different schemes. decided on one I like the best....just a matter of finding time to do the lay up and prep. Should by done before september if I figure out what I am doing with the nose (may try a different nose cover). The plain ol' silver is getting a little old.

Al Fernandez
05-18-2009, 08:06 AM
I helped Rand put his car in my Garage Mahal. Some fine LAW work in this one. 8)

mitchntx
05-18-2009, 08:14 AM
Some fine LAW work in this one. 8)

He was giddy as as school girl on Saturday. Did he tell you about the voice mail I left him? :lol:

Al Fernandez
05-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Yeah, he was in my office telling me about the good news and the bad news. He even played the voicemail for me so I could listen to the car! hahahaha

michaelmosty
05-18-2009, 09:02 AM

OK, but, make sure you get it moved out of there so we can get pics of the race winners.
Haha, funny man.
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1280/14295/284941.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1280/14295/284942.jpg

cobra132
05-18-2009, 09:36 AM
This weekend:
Pulled rear axle, scrapped off mud, Cut off 12 lbs of steel from axle(unused mounts), Changed ring and pinion (410s), all new bearings and seals, new c-clips, Preped and painted axle (blue), re-installed. Oh yeah, sanded and painted front door of house. Got to keep momma happy. FMR

David Love AI27
05-18-2009, 09:57 AM
This weekend:

sanded and painted front door of house. Got to keep momma happy. FMR

Good move there, Frank... I would hate to see your season cut short due to neglect...

Todd Covini
05-18-2009, 10:38 AM

He was giddy as as school girl on Saturday. Did he tell you about the voice mail I left him? :lol:

Awesome! This weekend I fielded a call from a Great Lakes CMC car owner shipping his car to a Texas newbie. 2010 Rookie of the Year is going to be another tough battle! :lol:

GlennCMC70
05-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Matt King sold his car?

Todd Covini
05-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Steve Poe

GlennCMC70
05-18-2009, 10:56 AM
the purple car?

AI#97
05-18-2009, 11:15 AM
This weekend:
Pulled rear axle, scrapped off mud, Cut off 12 lbs of steel from axle(unused mounts), Changed ring and pinion (410s), all new bearings and seals, new c-clips, Preped and painted axle (blue), re-installed. Oh yeah, sanded and painted front door of house. Got to keep momma happy. FMR

12lb eh?! Guess the plasma cutter will get fired up this weekend!

also, good move on the 4.10's. Should wake that motor up a bit but you might want to spin it to 7500 too! ;)

mitchntx
05-18-2009, 01:07 PM

Awesome! This weekend I fielded a call from a Great Lakes CMC car owner shipping his car to a Texas newbie. 2010 Rookie of the Year is going to be another tough battle! :lol:

Check the starter bolts and install aircraft grade battery/tether cables ...

Todd Covini
05-18-2009, 01:24 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Be nice you guys. It's not the King Kar. It's not the purple car.

GlennCMC70
05-18-2009, 03:57 PM
so who bought a new ride? who's the newb?

rpoz27
05-18-2009, 08:13 PM

Sam Johnson-(Crum)Packer. He's s'posed to be at Hallett for comp licensing.

David Love AI27
05-18-2009, 10:28 PM

Sam Johnson-(Crum)Packer. He's s'posed to be at Hallett for comp licensing.

did he pick up the car already??? I might be making a trip up north myself to get a purple car for Jason....

rpoz27
05-19-2009, 07:26 AM
It should be delivered Thursday or Friday and he and a bunch of friends are going to slam on it this weekend to get a drivetrain and suspension in it. He plans to test next weekend at PDS.

Speaking of which, anyone want to come to CS next weekend to instruct?

Fbody383
05-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Sent the 2006 year end video to a colleague; so I watch it again.

Helped remind me why I got so exicted about the series.

And why rubbing is frowned on...

Adam Ginsberg
07-06-2009, 01:15 PM
2009 MotoGP at Laguna Seca.

http://www.shrackracing.com/images/2009-motogp/CIMG0298.JPG

In numeric order to

http://www.shrackracing.com/images/2009-motogp/CIMG0323.JPG

A bit sunburned, voice is a tad horse, but a good day to be at the track.

Todd Covini
07-06-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm seeing a repititious cycle here...BTDT before?

Looks like they had a bigger crowd than the road racers. :cry:

Adam Ginsberg
07-06-2009, 11:32 PM
True, but it's still fun.

Yeah - the MotoGP crowds are significantly larger than a Rolex race. Shame, too. Although, they have really, really, really nice eye candy. ;)

jeffburch
07-07-2009, 06:05 AM
So it was FIM MotoGP plus a full AMA schedule.
Why did FIM SBK run Miller last month?
Why do they separate?
Weird.

FIM (2/3 of it) + AMA beats a GrandAm crowd.

jb

Sucked, I forgot to check Fox (my employer) for the broadcast and missed it. :roll:

rpoz27
07-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Actually yesterday, but my son and I watched the cement laid down for the new rumble strip at track out of T5 (CW). We left our handprints in it. 8)

David Love AI27
07-24-2009, 04:24 AM
Met my Dad's ex-wife from 30 years ago and gave her my inheritance... getting outside help... for my attitude

silversvo
07-25-2009, 08:23 PM
actually yesterday... I took 5 tests and they all consisted of 30-45 questions each and you got like ten minutes to answer each test...

COVINI!!! what was that all about?? if there are 45 questions, at least give them at least 45 minutes to answer them plus time to read the paragraphs.. LOL

David, I am sorry to hear that!!!! Call me sometime as I have been home lately due Obamenomics...

Todd Covini
07-25-2009, 08:48 PM
David...why did you give her YOUR inheritance? If it was hers, ok...but if it was yours...it was yours.

Troy....I haven't heard back yet on the creative scoring for those tests. Should know more on Monday. Sorry 'bout that! :lol:

(pretty tough, though, huh?)

mitchntx
07-25-2009, 08:50 PM
David...why did you give her YOUR inheritance? If it was hers, ok...but if it was yours...it was yours.

I've been down this road before.

Logic, common sense and decency play no part when money is involved, regardless of the amount.

silversvo
07-25-2009, 09:05 PM

Troy....I haven't heard back yet on the creative scoring for those tests. Should know more on Monday. Sorry 'bout that! :lol:

(pretty tough, though, huh?)

Todd,
it is hard to say if it was difficult onthe first test, I only got half way through it and everyone else I talked to said they didnt get that far... at break I had to ask about that creative scoring for the test. I think I did fairly well on the test considering the stressful time constraint they put on you...

David Love AI27
07-25-2009, 10:09 PM

Dad didn't change benificary after his divorce 30 years ago... no big deal... I'll make it work

silversvo
07-26-2009, 08:36 AM
David, if you need something call me. Keri and I will try our best to help out...

jeffburch
07-26-2009, 09:40 AM
How about you?
Gonna make it?

"I just wanna ROCK!"

Jb

Waco Racer
08-29-2009, 11:57 PM
I shared the track with this today - http://www.world-challenge.com/gallery/viewer.php?photo=3136

GlennCMC70
08-30-2009, 12:35 AM
AICMCTexasTwitter.com :roll:

Rob Liebbe
08-30-2009, 08:23 AM
I shared the track with this today - http://www.world-challenge.com/gallery/viewer.php?photo=3136

A Porsche, did it run you off the track or dump 8 quarts of Mobil 1 on the racing line?

No?

Then you must have been dreaming.

David Love AI27
08-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Worked T13 at TWS... Saw a car coming through 12 a little out of shape... told my partner "get ready"... "for what"... "JUST GET READY!" viper gets through 13... "WAIT"... starts to loose it in 14... "WAIT" car snaps around and over the curb for a very rough ride "WAVE THE YELLOW, WAVE THE YELLOW"........ "HOW DID YOU KNOW WAY BACK THERE???"

Don't know how I knew... I just did... wow... damn near broke my arm!!! patting myself on the back... LOL

AI#97
08-30-2009, 06:51 PM
<---Introduced a female member at Cresson today that her yellow GT3 on R888's wasn't all that and a mustang needs a point by! She was trying pretty hard and didn't want to do it....but I ended up taking it from her. two laps later I was a speck on the horizon. Might have hurt her ego a little! :lol: She was doing really well though so I wonder who she was?

Waco Racer
08-30-2009, 09:36 PM

A Porsche, did it run you off the track or dump 8 quarts of Mobil 1 on the racing line?

No?

Then you must have been dreaming.

He did spin once!

Adam Ginsberg
08-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Actually, it was last weekend, but I watched Seth film a commercial for a new WWE video game to be release in a month or so. Other notable guests were John Cena, and Kelly Kelly.

Apparently, John Cena is a huge Ford fan - has a Ford GT, a few late 60's big block cars, etc. He and Seth had a nice chat about his KB car. Nice guy.

http://www.shrackracing.com/hosting/seth_ginsberg/wwe-shoot/IMAG0001.jpg

http://www.shrackracing.com/hosting/seth_ginsberg/wwe-shoot/IMAG0002.jpg

http://www.shrackracing.com/hosting/seth_ginsberg/wwe-shoot/IMAG0003.jpg

http://www.shrackracing.com/hosting/seth_ginsberg/wwe-shoot/IMAG0004.jpg

http://www.shrackracing.com/hosting/seth_ginsberg/wwe-shoot/IMAG0005.jpg

I've got some other pics on another drive I'll post later.

cobra132
08-31-2009, 09:50 AM
Dam-it, that was my outfit for the lemons race.

Todd Covini
09-18-2009, 10:09 PM
I sold my Beaumont house today.
Check's in the mail.
Movers arrive on Monday morning to begin packing everything.
Trucks leave on Thursday nite for the Houston trek.

(Trying to find a delivery address before then. :oops: )

David Love AI27
09-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Check's in the mail.

Congrats Todd... welcome back

ShadowBolt
09-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Check's in the mail.

What happend? You just moved there last week. Told you Beaumont sucks!

JJ

BlueFirePony
09-20-2009, 07:50 PM

Glad to hear that Todd! So no more beautiful mountain for you?

silversvo
09-22-2009, 01:22 AM
Todd, what happen to Beaumont??? Where you moving to now or are you just playing musical houses.. All I can say is, dont unpack when you move in this new house...

oh by the way, to stay on topic of the thread, I sat and watched a bunch of roughnecks pull drill pipe out of the hole.

Adam Ginsberg
09-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Troy, you have to keep up with Musical-Houses-Covini.

He didn't like the Beautiful Mountain, and headed back to the flatlands of Houston.

On topic - I'm at our annual ASIS convention in Anaheim. Woohoo! :roll:

jeffburch
09-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Troy who?
Todd who?

Jb (who)

BlueFirePony
09-25-2009, 10:42 PM
So rather than let this damn limbo of Texas/Ohio thing keep me from enjoying life I have decided to do as many of my hobbies as I can.
Until the house sells, or I move back to Texas (anyone need the over-under?) I am going to race w'it y'all (splitting time with my son) AND I am going to coach high school hockey goalies up here.

I had an interview (well it was actually a couple pitchers of beer and a pizza, but interview sounds so much more important) with one of the top high school teams (won state in 2007) last night.

So I will be coaching their goalies for the coming season. I am really looking forward to this.

I coached all through the 1990s, including a teams my son played on that went to Nationals and won the DFW City championship and I was the McKinney High school JV/Varsity goalie coach on and off (2002-2003 and 2005-2006) and have missed it since. Too many hockey injuries (my orthopedic surgeon had me on his frequent surgery plan) for me to really play at a high level so coaching is all I can do.

This team is at a pretty high level...they have the same video system as only some of the top NHL teams have!! I was droolling on the pizza...

Oh Shit...this is a Texas group...OK,, Hockey...uhmmm. its kinda like Football and Gladiating on ice 8)

David Love AI27
01-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Was Ordained as an Elder in the First Presbyterian Church of Tomball, a church of which I am a Founding (Charter) Member.

BlueFirePony
01-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Sounds like a great start to the 2010 for you David...congratulations!
Also sounds like a lot of responsibility but I am sure you will be very successful.

David Love AI27
01-17-2010, 04:24 PM
Also sounds like a lot of responsibility but I am sure you will be very successful.

Thanks Brian,
It is nice to recognised for my leadership abilities and desire to move an organization forward. If I could only find a job that has a salary...

Boudy
01-17-2010, 05:59 PM
It is nice to recognised for my leadership abilities and desire to move an organization forward. If I could only find a job that has a salary...

Uhm, yeah I'm sure there's a misspelled jab hidden there someplace. :roll: :roll:

On the other hand, "Congratulations!"

Boudy

David Love AI27
01-17-2010, 06:16 PM

Uhm, yeah I'm sure there's a misspelled jab hidden there someplace. :roll: :roll:

On the other hand, "Congratulations!"

Boudy

Don't "read" anything into it.. I'm broke, deep in debt and I NEED A F'ING JOB... I ran a manufacturing facility where I brought in record profits only to have the owner drive the company into the ground by smoking up the profits in a crack pipe. Doesn't work too good on a resume' when your job reference can only be contacted via mail at a prison address. The people in my church know ME and don't need references.

marshall_mosty
01-17-2010, 06:56 PM
The New and Improved DFL
David,
I hope that it doesn't stand for "Dead F'n Last"... :D
Where's MFW when you need him???

David Love AI27
01-17-2010, 07:02 PM
The New and Improved DFL
David,
I hope that it doesn't stand for "Dead F'n Last"... :D
Where's MFW when you need him???

only on race day, my friend, only on race day

rleng1
01-17-2010, 10:09 PM
congratulations David, and my prayers are with you.
didn't know you were in Tomball. I'm at Kuykendahl & 2920.

David Love AI27
01-18-2010, 12:13 AM
congratulations David, and my prayers are with you.
didn't know you were in Tomball. I'm at Kuykendahl & 2920.

Todd used to live there... Rob is just up the road from you, I'm right off of SH249 just north of Spring Creek

michaelmosty
01-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Got the 17" wheels painted black and they await a fresh set of RA1's.
The car is ready for paint on the front and rear fender flares. I have about 8 hours in the front flares and 2 hours in the rear flares, not counting what my dad did in bondo and primer. Paint should go on tomorrow. I'm interested to see how they turn out and how much track width I can get. I'll post up some pictures of everything I did to the fenders and post measurements after it is back on the ground.
Decals are pulled, glue was removed, and waiting for new CMC2 decals.
New shifter installed and O'Reilly "8 ball" knob is JB Welded on.
New intake gasket to fix oil leak and new front hubs.

I hope to have the car done and dyno'd next weekend with 1-week of relaxation before MSR-H.

David Love AI27
01-18-2010, 07:25 PM
Got the 17" wheels painted black and they await a fresh set of RA1's.
The car is ready for paint on the front and rear fender flares. I have about 8 hours in the front flares and 2 hours in the rear flares, not counting what my dad did in bondo and primer. Paint should go on tomorrow. I'm interested to see how they turn out and how much track width I can get. I'll post up some pictures of everything I did to the fenders and post measurements after it is back on the ground.
Decals are pulled, glue was removed, and waiting for new CMC2 decals.
New shifter installed and O'Reilly "8 ball" knob is JB Welded on.
New intake gasket to fix oil leak and new front hubs.

I hope to have the car done and dyno'd next weekend with 1-week of relaxation before MSR-H.

SWEET!!!

Fbody383
01-18-2010, 08:46 PM

A little primer, a little paint... won't be maroon at Houston.

I'm sure it's not as pretty as Mosty's pony.

michaelmosty
01-18-2010, 09:12 PM

A little primer, a little paint... won't be maroon at Houston.

It's a Camaro, we'll understand. :P J/K, looking forward to seeing the new paint.

Now a Camry, that would be pretty sweet! :lol:

Todd Covini
01-18-2010, 10:37 PM
I picked up a used Bob Earl and full G25 for $100.

(DFL - I'm back in my old neighborhood and likely moving closer to Randy in the coming months. Congrats on the Elder PooBah gig.)

Al Fernandez
01-19-2010, 07:30 AM
What is a Bob Earl and full G25?

Today...I slept. Last night, while you guys were asleep, I went to work. I'm in Australia and everything is backwards :lol:

Rob Liebbe
01-19-2010, 09:18 AM

Michael's pretty little pony - good one.